It's a good movie, there's lots of great acting but it's like a mumblecore movie. Everyone's talking over each other...

>It's a good movie, there's lots of great acting but it's like a mumblecore movie. Everyone's talking over each other, everyone's miserable, and it's gray and it's about people dying in a fire.

So when did you drop RLM?

You made me think there was a new HitB. There isn't. I'm triggered.

Can you link the video you just referred to?

It's during the La La Land review.

he gained some respect from me for his 2016 moty choice, the brothers grimsby

I didn't. They're great.

Did you drop RLM because of a context-less greentext that leaves out the part where he says Manchester by the Sea is a good movie?

If you are familiar with RLM you should know that Mike enjoys films as "entertainment" and wants to be entertained while watching, yes it's a pleb taste but atleast he is honest and consistent with it.
Manchester by the Sea doesn't fall in that category so he didn't enjoy it, but he is conscious that it is a good movie with great performances.

I'm sure Jay will like it if he didn't watch it already.

STOP MAKING RLM THREADS EVERY DAY YOU OBSESSIVE FAGGOT

>Manchester by the Sea doesn't fall in that category so he didn't enjoy it
He literally says it's a good movie. OP left that part out because it doesn't fit his narrative.

>leaves out the part where he says Manchester by the Sea is a good movie
But it's right there

You can be aware that a movie is good and still not enjoy it, it's called having a taste user.

And OP didn't left out anything, the post literally starts with "It's a good movie"

He didn't leave it out. It's literally the first four words of his post.

Then what is OP even complaining about?

there is no difference between your favorite movie, and the one you consider the best. You can't think a movie is good without enjoying it

>So when did you drop RLM?

I haven't yet. If they make a shitty video I just don't watch it. They're really testing me by giving garbage like GET OUT a review though.

Why do they call out adam sandler crap but not propaganda films?

Lmao your whole post is factually wrong.

For example, I understand all the underlying themes and ideas behind 2001 and I see why it's called one of the best films of all time, but I would lie if I said I enjoyed it.
Also, I absolutely love and enjoyed Manchester by the Sea and I would certainly call it one of my favorites, but I am aware of the flaws like the sometimes jarring editing, bad sound design in the bar fights and would prefer the police department scene without the overused Adagio in g minor. So I can't consider it as an "objectively" best movie, but I absolutely love it for all the other elements

>things plebs think
Obviously distinct categories. One day you will learn. Or not

>GET OUT
>propaganda film

You should top watching RLM and also stop watching all films and television in general. The art of sound and image to convey story is the tool of the Jew to steal all your money and also destroy all money because of course they're communists too.

>They're really testing me by giving garbage like GET OUT a review though.
>propaganda film

100% chance you watched half a trailer and then sperged out once you saw it had a black lead

Are you seriously implying get out isn't made purely to push a political agenda?

>GET OUT
>propaganda film
lol you faggot. You probably haven't even seen the movie, have you?

lol the one trumptard in the image can't even spell

>any movie that's told from a perspective that I don't personally identify with is propaganda
What a miserable life you must lead.

Why would I waste my time watching a politically loaded film? my backlog is log enough without filling it with garbage

As if their Boyhood review wasn't embarrassing enough.

desu, I think the film was a failure, but if you're just going to complain "Where's muh melodrama" you are a pleb.

I'm still not hearing a valid reason to watch this hurr durr blacks good whitey bad trash

I don't take their opinions as gospel to begin with. On top of that they said Hobbit 3 was the best and 1 was the worst, when in reality it is the total opposite. 1 was the closest to the actual setting, 2 was tolerable with some fanfic garbage like the terrible female elf cunt and 3 was just so fucking rushed and full of slock.

I also haven't been to a cinema in 3 years

>film was a failure

please elaborate

AIIIIIIIIIDS

he is right tho

>Mike enjoys films as "entertainment" and wants to be entertained while watching
That's wrong though. It depends on what movie it is. Mostly he just wants his movies to have heart

It wasn't a failure at all.
Sure, it's a meme for retards here on Sup Forums, but that's worth nothing.

You have to understand that Mike is the type of dude that doesn't like Coen bros films, he likes likeable characters and obvious catarsis in an old fashioned hollywood structure.
That's why he liked TFA.

>actually watching and supporting Reddit Letter Media
I guarantee those people are the same ones that watch Idubbbz and Frank.

He liked arrival. He compared to an actually good movie like interstellar. What the fuck

Arrival is the thinking mans movie for stupid people.

the theme of the movie was white liberals are actually racist despite thinking they're progressive

and interstellar is boring manipulative schlock for stupid people

And I'm sure white liberals have an opposite interpretation of the film. It's race baiting dog shit at a time we really don't need it

It's still far better than arrival

And? Interstellar and Arrival are comparable, not just by setting but by the narrative, both deal with the parent-kid relationship and loss of it.

Also a movie doesn't have to "le deep" to be good.

They talk about the film for like 30 minutes. They elaborate on much more than just "there wasn't enough melodrama."

>interstellar
>actually good
Nice one, user

They're not really comparable at all. Arrival could barely even be called sci-fi

The only thing they have in common is that they both have a vehicle that can travel through space.

He is talking about Manchester by the Sea, not Boyhood.

>user explains how they are comparable
>"they're not really comparable at all"

great post user

Well, that would be their interpretation, but what I said is the literal theme of the movie. Technically those people could take a popular movie that literally has a line "white liberals are racist" and perform mental gymnastics to make it mean something else.

The point of the movie, given to you in the end, was to demonstrate that every day life is best enjoyed from moment to moment. Only looking at the "big events" will leave you like Boyhood's mom in the end, crying over how she has no milestones left in life other than her death. Bazin talked about film being a series of "Holy moments," something discussed in Linklater's previous movie, Waking Life. This might be just me personally, but I can't find anything holy about any of the scenes in this movie. I don't need melodrama, but nothing raises the banality of these moments. Also, RLM is right in that the dialogue is really cringey at times.

I don't have to acknowledge their comparison is it's retarded.

That's beside the point. The goal of the film is to create racial friction and I have no time at all for that divide and conquer shit anymore.

>The goal of the film is to create racial friction
lol no it isn't. Racial friction exists in the world. The movie is putting a mirror up to that. Are you going to shit on Night of the Living Dead for being a reflection of the racial tensions of the time, you fucking imbecile?

>movies should be a safe space and never acknowledge real world problems
Holy shit, dat autism.

Maybe 3 or 4 years ago when AIDSMoby started getting more and more screen time.

>Racial friction exists in the world

It exist because retards like the people who made this movie have to make everything about race. Give it a fucking rest

>I live in a bubble
Thanks for sharing!

Lets keep making everything into a racial issue!

Let's keep ignoring things in reality that don't affect me personally!

Nice projection.

>racial tensions will go away if we can just keep injecting racial differences into absolutely everything!

Nobody here needs to convince you to watch anything. If you're triggered by the synopsis alone you shouldn't even come to this board.

Goddamn you're a fucking idiot.

>hurr duur I like watching movies designed to make people argue race when we should be trying to unite the country

Maybe you're the idiot.

Surely only plebs watch in the first place.

> They're really testing me by giving garbage like GET OUT a review though.

You haven't seen the movie.
Or maybe you're just stupid.

Either way fuck off.

>no u
Great response!

Serous question: have you see the movie?

Why would I waste my time watching a movie with RACE as the central theme when there are actually good movies and tv series I could be watching?

I remember a time when movies were actually movies and not political loaded crap.

>I remember a time when movies were actually movies and not political loaded crap.
So you remember a time that never existed?

It's clear you're baiting at this point, so okay bye.

Yes. I am seriously implying that.

>how dare you not watch garbage! It has a black lead! What are you? some kind of bigot!?

>I remember a time when movies were actually movies and not political loaded crap.
Just a reminder that Guess Who's Coming to Dinner came out in 1967.

Or he's just like everyone else and will make exceptions against the crowd. He loved Jurassic World when it was stupid as all fuck and total schlock. He hates Independence Day which everyone loves for it being stupid and schlock but loves Resurgence even though most people thought it was bad for all the same reasons.

Was it nominated for an oscar and shilled to hell and back?

This kind of extreme reaction is why everyone's making fun of you, idiot.

you need to kill yourself shit eater

Literally what the fuck does that have to do with anything?

Still not one of you fags have given a reason to watch it beyond "you're an idiot if you don't watch it!"

You mean literally never?

>What is Birth Of A Nation (1915) ?

Nigger you're a special kind of dumb

Nobody is calling you an idiot for not watching it. You're being called an idiot for deciding what the movie is about when you have no clue what you're talking about.

Everything. Get out should never have been nominated for an oscar and it should be a niche movie at best, but it's political so it gets extreme levels of shilling.

That's the difference between it and some movie from 1967 nobody has ever heard of or gives a shit about

>Get out should never have been nominated for an oscar
You do realize that it hasn't been nominated for an Oscar right?

these Sup Forums degenerates having a high school tier argue are insufferable

>Guess Who's Coming to Dinner
>nobody has ever heard of
Holy shit, anything you say from here on out is not even worth responding to. Fucking idiot.

>Sup Forums - Television & Film

Jesus christ faggot, the movie is a veiled critique of the white guild-sjw view of races.

Now please stop embarrassing yourself.

N-no it's not because I've already decided what it's about despite not having seen it and ignoring everyone that tries to let me know that I'm an uninformed faggot.

You mean the Bye Bye Man review?

So you think antagonizing them is a good idea? now?

The meaning of the film will be lost on 99% of the population. It's racially charged film at a time this sort of thing should be dying out

Yea same video though

>The meaning of the film will be lost on 99% of the population.
Nope, apparently it's only lost on willfully ignorant jackasses like you.

With racial politics the only winning move it to not play at all retard.

Hey shit for brains, Guess Who's Coming To Dinner did win TWO Oscars as a matter of fact, one for Best Actress and Best Writing.

Respond to me or leave the thread

You're already losing the argument, you've proven you have no knowledge of Film History and all your views are shaped by what Daddy Sup Forums tells you.

I feel embarrassment for you

You really are a pathetic cunt.

You literally sound like a crazy person. Nothing you're saying has anything to actually do with the movie.

You come across more embarrassing with every post you make.

BY making it a big deal all you're doing is legitimizing it. You can make the most masterful attack on left wing views of race ever made and the media will still spin it against you somehow.

All this movie does is fuel the fire

What's embarrassing is you morons not coming up with a single reason why this movie should exist

manchester by the sea is a depressing movie about a angry/miserable guy who wasted all his potential

i guess Sup Forums loves it because relatable? frankly the movie pissed me off, the only good/memorable scene is when he goes for the policemans gun, fiddles with the saftey and tries to blow his brains out

>What's embarrassing is you morons not coming up with a single reason why this movie should exist

To trigger idiots like you.

>BY making it a big deal all you're doing is legitimizing it.
By making WHAT a big deal? I'm merely talking about the movie. YOU are the moron that keeps bringing up racial tensions and how you seem to think they don't exist outside of movies.

>You can make the most masterful attack on left wing views of race ever made and the media will still spin it against you somehow.
What the fuck are you even talking about? How has the media twisted Get Out into anything other than what it is?

>All this movie does is fuel the fire
You know what really fuels fire? Ignorance.

>What's embarrassing is you morons not coming up with a single reason why this movie should exist
See here lies the problem. You've literally ignored every common sense reply that's been thrown at you. You didn't know what Guess Who's Coming to Dinner was or the fact that it was nominated for multiple Academy Awards back in the 60s. You also thought Get Out was nominated for an Academy Award even though it hasn't been and then ignored the reply that informed you of this.

You are an idiot. You are uninformed. And you seem to just be spouting things you've heard on Sup Forums without any thoughts of your own.

>a racially inflammatory movie was worth it because one guy on the internet who was tired of racial bullshit refused to watch it

Ok

There hasn't been a single common sense reply. Not one reply as to why it's a good movie

>>a racially inflammatory movie was worth it because one guy on the internet who was tired of racial bullshit refused to watch it
HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT'S WHAT IT IS WHEN YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT AND ARE IGNORING ANYONE THAT HAS SEEN IT AND IS TRYING TO LET YOU KNOW THAT YOU ARE INCORRECT, YOU FUCKING MORON???