Where will he end up?

Where will he end up?

Other urls found in this thread:

247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/Bolt/Kirk-Cousins-could-land-more-than-27M-annually-on-open-market-112553520
washingtonpost.com/sports/kirk-cousins-has-a-bright-future-but-its-likely-not-with-the-redskins/2017/12/24/d0da3e28-e8e9-11e7-9f92-10a2203f6c8d_story.html
washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2017/12/26/why-kirk-cousins-wants-to-talk-with-redskins-fans-after-the-season-ends/?utm_term=.6bdf85aa943c
washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2017/12/21/the-kirk-cousins-market-may-have-changed-but-demand-has-not/?utm_term=.0cdd764e50bc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Arizona would be a good spot for him.

Not enough money

You need $30 million+ guaranteed for 5 years or more.

Denver is talking about $165 million over 5.

Jacksonville

Leaveland to join the GOAT jersey

Denver or New York

As a Cowboys fan, because Romo’s contract ended and Dak only gets the minimum, we have about $50 million in cap room next year.

After resigning our center, DE, and other players, we will have about $35 million in cap space.

Either we can go for Cousins for five years and let Dak develop under him, or free agent our team up. Gonna be a good team the next 3 years.

>Denver is talking about $165 million over 5.

Eli is still signed for 2018 IIRC. Not much cap space.

The price for Cousins is Denver or more$165 over five years. Either way this gay nerdy nigga is getting paid big dough.

247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/Bolt/Kirk-Cousins-could-land-more-than-27M-annually-on-open-market-112553520

Redskins created this mess.

Either he gets franchised for $35.6 million in 2018.
$28.5 million for transition tag and he can walk away at the end of the season to whoever.
Or long-term $27-28 million a year over five-six years.

This guy is getting paid unless he dies next Sunday.

Jets, not Giants.

Come to metlife(green)

Honestly a good option.

Bortles could be cheap enough to make it work out there though. Cousins is a huge gamble. Only teams without an average QB (16th-18th) can take that risk.

does the position deserve $25M / season for the return you get?

The skins will re-sign him to record 3 or 4 year contract that's 100% guaranteed 100 million

Jacksonville is a legitimate Super Bowl favorite with even average quarterback play. Look at how dominant they were when Bortles was throwing 3 touchdowns a game

Well yes. Cousins has been top 4 in yards added per play since he started in 2015. You can doubt me, but do a google search and you’ll see anything from $27 million to $30 million long-term and $35.6 million for the franchise tag.

not really questioning the numbers - he's a qb in his prime hitting the market at a time when there's going to a sizable increase in the salary cap, of course he's going to get paid. it's the "Denver is talking about" part that i was calling BS on. unless that was posted by one of the JE's, no-one has a clue what Denver are prepared to pay...

The coach appeared pessimistic about that.

He quite clearly stated he believes that was Cousins’ last game in Ashburn at the end of Sunday’s game.

I'm just thinking Kirks' two highest probability landing spots have closed those being the Rams with McVay and 49ers with Shanny.

Kirk likes Jay Gruden and vice versa but there's still a 50% chance he's gone

I miswrote. Some analysts are stating that number after predicting the contract changes for the Broncos next year and the amount they are capable of paying.

I saw the $165 million over 5-6 years claim in a few articles today. Not like the Broncos themselves are stating that, but if they go for him that’ll be the likely end price.

My apologies.
washingtonpost.com/sports/kirk-cousins-has-a-bright-future-but-its-likely-not-with-the-redskins/2017/12/24/d0da3e28-e8e9-11e7-9f92-10a2203f6c8d_story.html
washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2017/12/26/why-kirk-cousins-wants-to-talk-with-redskins-fans-after-the-season-ends/?utm_term=.6bdf85aa943c
washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2017/12/21/the-kirk-cousins-market-may-have-changed-but-demand-has-not/?utm_term=.0cdd764e50bc

Didn't ask what Cousins' market worth was.
Asking if an NFL team NEEDS to spend $25M/season on a QB based on ROI
You could get a guy to be QB at $10M / season and get the same results.
There isn't much that separates many of these guys

Browns. Tons of money and he can save the franchise. Not to mention lebron likes him.

>You could get a guy to be QB at $10M / season and get the same results.
no you can't. name one example of this in the modern era of QB contracts

Neither of those were possibilities. Especially the Rams.

The four most likely are the Jets, the Giants, the Broncos, and the Jaguars. All are in desperate need of a QB. If Cousins goes to the Giants that’ll also help them weaken the Redskins.

Do people really not get that all the great QBs are retiring over the next three years? Who exactly is good that is replacing them? Wentz, Winston, Goff, and maybe Dak. None of the other QBs drafted since 2013 have even thrived, let alone survived, the league.

Sam Phael.

Warren Moon

Tom Brady

Cousins + an average offensive line (his is bottom five) would be amazing.

But if you go to a team with a shit line he might get broken. He is thin and often fumbles when sacked hard.

You are delusional

Michael Vick

not modern
his wife makes 400 million a year

Down Down Darius Jackson. Checkmate.

This
This is why Brady is Goat.
He takes a paycut every good playoff run to keep the weapons he wants. Its what a team should be about
I see wentz taking pay cuts but not as much, then again idk shit

Cardinals. No resigning Palmer and they can afford him.

Passing attempts: 2,059
Passing completions: 1,352
Completion percentage: 65.7
TD–INT: 99–52
Passing yards: 16,048
Passer rating: 94.8
Player stats at NFL.com

What free agent will you find better than this guy in the next three years? He’s playing for a shitty team run by people that hate him.

This guy is top ten and he proved it the last three seasons.

>I see Wentz taking pay cuts
Oh wait
>then again idk shit

I don't know about a free agent. But Teddy Bridgewater might be an interesting sign or at least trade next season.

If he wants to win a Superbowl then the Jacksonville. If he wants money then Denver.

that's cool.

as a Broncos fan, i wish/hope the Broncos are talking about those numbers. after the Siemien-Osweiler-Lynch shit show this year, it would be nice to have an actual NFL starting QB to get excited about. of course, he might not be an actual starting NFL QB for long behind 'our' offensive line...

Denver has a good team. They just really need a quarterback.

>mfw i love myself

He had fuck all at receiver this year and Jordan Reed was out all year too. Offensive line was starting backup guards at center for a few games.

He proved it this year beyond any doubt but the average Skins fan is fucking retarded and can't see the value in breaking the bank for him (not that Kirk would sign anyway)

>le breaks knees during non-contact drill man

I like him, but he is suspect long-term. Cousins is proven.

That’s why y’all didn’t get Romo either. He’d still have been better than your shitshow though.

t. Cowboys fan hoping we meme Cousins into our laps since we have the cap space

I believe in Dak, but he needs more practice. Cousins could give us the 5 years we need.

Skins fans are pretty smart but football dumb. They have no clue how a QB might not just look at money. Cousins repeatedly stated that he prefers loyalty and a winning culture (like at Michigan State) than backstabbing evil fuckers. Sadly for them, DC creates the opposite culture.

t. Georgetown University student

and two or three new starters on the OL

Yep

Then again, everyone seems to have new starters on their oline

>You are delusional
what is it worth to get a guy that can give you
2 TDs / game
250 yds passing / game
>60 % completion

that's all you need to win. If you get more, then what is that worth?

Jags with an above average QB are superbowl contenders. Denver with an above average QB would get a wildcard spot and then go one and done in the playoff.

Bruce Allen has fucked this team for years to come. The best QB the Skins have had in 30 years is going to walk. Fire fucking Bruce Allen.

Depending on Wentz recovery. I wouldn't be surprised if the eagles pick him up if Wentz can't start next season.

J E T S

Captain Kirk is not elite. And I would never pay him more than 15 million a year. He is good enough to run any offense competently but he will never be "the guy" to put a team on his back and will them to win. He is a journeyman at best. Game manager at worst. He will make the team that signs him become the ravens.

hes actually top 10
which is more than good enough to get far into play offs with a good defense (see Rams)

You have no idea what you're talking about. The Skins have no D, no run game, no franchise receivers, the hardest schedule in the league and a glut of injuries to the oline yet are still probably going to be .500, and it's 100% because of Cousins.