Batman' parents death scene

youtube.com/watch?v=fDfz-i1yCFc
youtube.com/watch?v=mjKhLRphKTY

Which is better?
For me is the Batman vs Superman scene. It's more dramatic because of the music and the slow motion. The Batman Begins one is more human and I like what Thomas Wayne says to Bruce, "don't be afraid".

The BVS is better but all the shitty credits popping up during it ruins it especially "soundtrack by faggot XL"
Also I like how Thomas get angry and tries to stop joe chill

Also, what's the meaning of the last line in the BVS one?

>"In the dream they took me to the light, a beaitiful lie".

The Nolan one is better, it actually looks like a robbery gone wrong and makes the reveal that it was really a planned murder by the LoS more powerful. The Snyder one just feels weird with his father trying to rush the guy with a gun pointed right at him.

The dream of everything being ok was a lie because it wasn't true. Bruce was still a bitter angry man

Nolan´s vision of the murder is better, there´s more weight on Bruce since they went out of the theather because of him, that makes the character feel guilty about it, not to mention that Nolan didn´t go away with akward cringy close ups, instead we have a take that slowly goes away, kind of making us see the lonelyness he´s experiencing; by the way, the bvs scene of the bats carrying Bruce is stupid; irrealistic.

>Batman' parents death scene
spoilers, cunt.

>by the way, the bvs scene of the bats carrying Bruce is stupid; irrealistic.
I think that is a dream.

batman vs superman because the assailant was a nigger. really made the whole thing realistic.

Batman v Superman, mostly because it treated it like something the audience already knows happened.

For me it's more like an arab.

They never explain it, and the next scene takes place in anpther location, with kid Bruce in it, for me, the only explanation is that the bats actually took him away of the previous place, which is an ilogical situation

Reference to Batman being some type of Zorro?

Dumbass
No that's the movie they went to see

listen the last line of adult Bruce dude...

>"In the dream..."

wew lad

The movie follows Excalibur way more than it did the Mask of Zorro, but he was sort of the inspiration for all the masked vigilante characters

The BvS soundtrack was sooooo good. Member the one that goes DUN DUN DUN DUN?

>they never explain it

They do... They literally say "in the dream" and the next scene is Bruce waking up.

no the movie is Excalibur (1981)

That was the movie that was coming up next week

>but he was sort of the inspiration for all the masked vigilante characters
El Zorro was the inspiration for the masked comics heroes?

Interesting. I didn't know that.

>DUN DUN DUN DUN
if only you could be more specific...

So his fear of bats has no justification whatsoever, since it was not a real event, clever (sarcasm)

oh yeah, you're right

so is the director implying that the movie The Mask Of Zorro inspired Bruce to become Batman?

No, it happened. It was just so traumatizing that he has recurring nightmares about it which are of course more grandiose than the actual events that took place. He fell into the cave and got scared, but of course the bats didn't literally lift him up.

Why do Marlels have to be so clinically retarded? I swear every single line of BvS has to be explained to them.

>It's more dramatic because of the music and the slow motion.

>thread about batman movies

>somehow you find a way to blame the marvel boogeyman

Actual cringe.

Zorro among other things like the Shadow inspired Bob Kane to create Batman, it's just the director paying tribute to the original progenitors, also Excalibur's climax ends with Arthur being run through with a spear and then delivering a deathblow to his son Mordred, which is obviously mirrored by the Superman/Doomsday scene

hmmmm

maybe he fell into the well but then he was rescued and the last part is the only part that is different in the dream

Why are you so retarderded? You just misspeled word, you faggot.

>types "actual cringe"
>not a Marlel shitposting squad
Nice try

It thought it was pretty obvious OP was joking but this thread is making me second guess myself.

>Marlel

This is dumb. It sounds weak and has no sting to it. Why not at least use Marlets as a play on the word manlet?

Then why the hell they didn´t put the actual event and then cut to a take of Bruce waking up?, it would have make much more sense, in a nightmare the threat would act in a negative way, not in apositive one, it´s dumb

BvS Theatrical Cu t> BvS UE

OMG literal Flat Encephalogram right there

>Nolan´s vision of the murder is better, there´s more weight on Bruce since they went out of the theather because of him
Interesting that you bring this up. Nolan's version puts some of the guilt on Bruce, creating a Batman who seeks redemption alongside justice, whereas Snyder's version emphasizes the fact that it was a random mugging that could have happened to anybody, creating a hardened Batman with a bleak view of the world.

You're both being retarded, can these threads not go by without brandwar idiocy?

Because Snyder loves to force his "clever symbolism" down out throats in every single movie he makes.

If they didn´t show it or tell it, it didn´t happen, simple as that

>creating a hardened Batman with a bleak view of the world.
yeah this other line when he is fighting Superman confirms it.

>I bet your parents taught you, that you mean something. That you're here for a reason. My parents taught me a different lesson. Dieing in the gutter. For no reason at all. They taught me the world only makes sense, if you force it to.

The subconscious acts in interesting ways.

Superman/Clark's characterization suffers in the Theatrical cut, not to mention things that really should not have been removed like the PMC guys burning the bodies to frame Superman or the fact that the key witness was a Luthor plant, the one that really bugs me above all else is them taking out the scene when Superman takes an injured bombing victim to an EMT.

Just bewildering.

Well he actually refers to it as a dream rather than a nightmare. The dream likely changed over time as well, with the bats being a threat at first and then as he becomes Batman he starts to see the bats in a more positive light.

tldr Snyder is a hack but its not hard to figure out what he's trying to convey for the most part.

>can these threads not go by without brandwar idiocy

You already know they can't.

That´s why he hasn´t directed a good film since "Fury"

Is this a shitty joke or are you actually retarded?

Not that stupid, though, it´s like having a nightmare about your parents murderer giving you an ipod, makes more sense (sarcasm)

I get the distinct feeling that you're underage.

I´m completely serious OMG!!!

That was David Ayer the guy behind Suicide Squad. AKA the other shitty director sabotaging the DCEU

Please go back to wherever you came from.

both scenes are good for what they are.

All the director involved in dc movies seem to have the same shitty way of directing

It's about overcoming his fear you retard the symbolism literally could not be more blatant and obvious.

Capeshit fans are so fucking dumb god damn

So, he overcomed his unexistent fear (I state unexistent since they didn´t show the actual event) in a dream? That´s deep (Sarcasm)

How many layers of irony are you on?

Such as people who reply in a capeshit post...

2 of the 3 DCEU movies currently released were directed by Snyder so it stands to reason they would carry a similar tone and style, but Ayers Sucicide Squad is a whole other level of shitty. At least Snyder managed to release semi competent movies in comparison to SS which was a chopped and recut music video with vomit inducing editing and nonsensical pacing and plot.

Does this shit actually happen in America or is it just propaganda? I mean white dudes robbing people at gun point, my country is like 45% white and you just do see white people commiting any crime let alone violent crime

>I state unexistent since they didn´t show the actual event

The simplest things don't need blatant exposition to be understood by people with functioning brains. BvS isn't some complex deep movie, this bsic shit shoud NOT be hard to you to understand.

>there are no poor white people
>white people never commit crimes
are you retarded?

I mean some of the whites are poor like religious slavic immigrants but they dont do anything

Ayer has produced good films in the past. The mess that Suicide Squad was released in screams studio meddling on a scale we rarely ever see.

how do you know? have you seen every crime committed?

No white man has ever committed a robbery in the history of time. This is a fact.

BvS is kino, Snyder is what Nolan wishes he could be.

I really like the contrast between the two. Nolan's Bruce is scared, Snyder's is happy. Nolan's is quick, Snyder's is drawn out. Nolan's Thomas comforts Bruce, Snyder's tries to comfort Martha.

I'm giving the edge to Nolan though, I feel like the BvS opening should have been Robin's death instead. Would have set up Batman's motivation better and not leave audiences confused.

It's been established Batman continuity for decades that the Wayne's saw Mark of Zorro the night they were killed. This is one thing I think Snyder did better than Nolan with the origin.

Oh for sure, that's absolutely what happened. But what we got as a result is nothing like Snyders DCEU movies which was my main point directed at that shitposter.

He's talking about the bats giving him a righteous purpose that can give his life a meaning, ie: being Batman. But in the movie he thinks being Batman, being a hero, was for nothing. That heroism doesn't exist. That his life has no meaning.

It wasn't a planned murder. They tried to destroy the city via economic sabotage, and mugging was just a general result of that.

>Joe Chill has always been white
>turn him hispanic in BvS

what does hollywood white propaganda mean by this?

Nolan's has a better tone, but is directed worse. I mean what the hell is up with that sidestep to block the gunshot?

Nolan has always objectively been a terrible director

The gunman looked nevous and unstable, he was just instinctively trying to protect his wife when the gun turned to her.

In the comics Bruce was a fan of Zorro and the only reason they went into an old theater to see movies is because he was pestering about watching Zorro. Bruce based almost all his adult life on Zorro.

>mfw that thread half a year ago comparing Michael Bay and Christopher Nolan as Directors

Nolan he should've stuck to writing, and even then he is only good at concepts. He can't direct or write emotion or set up a good shot for shit. I don't know how he gets away with it.

Same way Lucas did, I guess.

Zorro was literally a masked vigilante. You really never got the connection?

Never underestimate the plebs of Sup Forums, or should I say overestimate their tastes.

I'm not concerned with what is happening, just the way it happens is awkward. It looks as if the character read the script and sidestepped as soon as he fired the trigger, which is a cliche as old as time.

If he had stepped in front, talked just slightly longer with Joe, and then got shot, fine, great.

He moves after the gun swerves to Martha, it's just edited a little poorly

t. guy who thinks Manchester by the sea is the greatest drama of all time

He's referring to a hit song by The Joker's band.

You do realize that Bruce is delusioned about his life and the "mission", and that he thinks that the whole "bat" thing was a lie he embarked on, right? That's what his dream is about. The bats rescued him, but they didn't rescued him at all.

It's like when you're having this fine dream where you're holding and kissing the most beautiful woman you ever saw and you're so happy, but then you wake up and you're all alone. It hurts like a motherfucker.

Bruce thought that the bats, the thing that gave him purpose in life, would help him, but it didn't. There's no purpose in any of it.

Nice strawman.

thank you

True, it´s not difficult to understand, because it´such an empty flick, and if by "functional brain" you mean you need to be someone who knows the whole story of Batman, then half of the critics that gave a negative review to the flick don´t have a "functional brain", right? (sarcasm)

bvs is better
batman begins feel rushed and awkward, it also has no real impact, it's just there, they also got the play wrong because they saw zorro not mefistofele
in bvs you sort of understand why the shooter kills them (hint: they try to fight the robber and doesn't just stand there waiting to get shot like in batman begins)

Are you pretending to be retarded?

>in bvs you sort of understand why the shooter kills them
It's easy to understand in the Nolan movie too.

All the things you stablished are not expained in the movie, therefore it stays as a theory; if it´s a lie, then there´s not a reason to be Batman at all, in fact, it was a dream, so bats didn´t "save him" at all. The difference between the "kissing dream" you put as an expample and Bruce´s dream is that your example is a positive dream, while Bruce isn´t at all, I haven´t know any case where a nightmare ends up in a positive way, you usuallly wake up before the big tragedy; by the way, the last sentence is kind of funny, "There´s no purpose at all", yeah, that´s what I thought of the hole movie

You're dumb. You're dumb as hell.

The whole movie is about how Bruce's delusioned about life. He thinks that there's no purpose to any of what he does. That his life has been a meaningless struggle.

In the dream his parents are murdered and then he finds himself in the cave surrounded by bats who lift his ass up to the light. He says that he thought they'd brought him into the light, but that this was a lie.

What correlation does the dream have with his life and current emotional state? THINK!

The answer is that the bats were supposed to save him. Give his life purpose. Give his pain some outlet. Make things somewhat right again. But right now he feels that they didn't. That nothing that he does have any meaning. That his entire life dressing up as a bat and beating people up has been for nothing. That answering the bats call has been stupid. That the bats lied to him.

FUUUUUCK! YOU DUMB SACK OF SHIT!

>All the things you stablished are not expained in the movie, therefore it stays as a theory

Necksnap yourself, my nigga.

I'm literally pitying you right for how dumb you're. Seek knowledge, my man. Seriously. You need it. Life is going to be hard as fuck for you. God bless and safeguard your retarded soul.

>you mean you need to be someone who knows the whole story of Batman

No, just that his parents got shot and he lived in fear until he fell in a fucking cave full of bats and decided to overcome his fear and use it as his main weapon. Which is like the first thing you learn about his character other than what his costume looks like. It's like saying you don't know that Spiderman got bit by a radioactive and he crawls walls and shit.

>half of the critics that gave a negative review to the flick don´t have a "functional brain"

The movies problems lie in its pacing and dialog, not basic symbolism everybody but you picked up on.

how? because to me it just looks as if he's trying to rob them then suddenly he turns to the woman and demands that she give him her valuables, then for some reason bruce's father (who have been trying not to excite the robber) steps in front of her and he shoots him (on accident?) and then for some reason he shoots the woman as well who he didn't have any real reason to shoot
if it wasn't for the set design and lighting i'd have thought it was from a b-movie

>delusioned
The word you're looking for is "disillusioned"