Is this the best animated film ever?

Is this the best animated film ever?

no

how can something be good if nobody understand it?

>Western art film is confusing and pretentious
>no one gives it a chance and writes it off as pseud shit
>anime film is confusing and pretentious
>people rewatch it 20 times, and read 4000 essays and analyses, and call you retarded if you don't get it

Why is this?

You ask this every day, cats, you should have an answer by now.

why are Sup Forums rejects allowed to spam here everyday?

>>Western art film is confusing and pretentious
>>no one gives it a chance and writes it off as pseud shit
Just google "western art film" + analysis

It doesn't help that most anime fans are manbabies with no exposure to other art forms

No, because it doesn't stand on its own.

No, because this exists

yes, it's amazing how it's been 20 years and nothing has managed to top it during that time.

the only problem with the film is that you can't recommend it to everyone since it requires you to watch 26 episodes first.

>not even a good series
>makes a movie

it was destined to fail

It's a cartoon so they think they're having fun.

And to put meaning into the things that never had that meaning to begin with to make it more then it ever was.

Basically this. I love it but it's really just a proper conclusion to the series rather than a standalone film. Asuka vs the Mass Produced Evas is possibly the best fight in animated history though.

>show literally revived anime
>fail

fuck no.

NGE kicks the shit out of end.

Jin Roh, GiTS and Akira are all better animated films than EoE and those are all essentially normiecore.

ASUKA>REI

Fight me weebs

Haha, no.

What is Millennium Actress

NGE isn't a movie.
GitS and Akira are great, Jin Roh is pretty shit.

Nearly any Satoshi Kon movie is better than all of the above, honourable mention to REDLINE.

>Black Swan ripoff
>Good

Low IQ videogame sensibilities

/thread

no it is not

HAHAHAHA, no.

Anime is for autists. And this shitty anime is for virgin turbo neckbeard autists.

All memes aside, yes. Anno is criterion collection material and it's a crime that EoE was left to rot with that shitty manga entertainment DVD for years.

I watched Shin Godzilla recently and that was kaiju kino.

It's not really fair to judge end of evangelion alongside other animated films because EoE only makes sense if you've watched the 26 episode series beforehand

>Anime is for autists.
Then, logically, so is everything else.

2bh Oyasumi punpun did the /depression/ core better

A flick for plebs?

>In western art films nothing happens and is inconsequential in the end
>Evangelion has mechanical battles and fighting to save the world

I fell asleep during Sunset Boulevard.

>normal people like something ripped off from Japan
i-its swan lake, I swear. darren is a such a cunt for not owning up to it.

Never watched this one, is it good? is it psychological like eva?

how haven't you seen Akira, its the first anime you should have watched

I once read that the creator of Naruto was inspired by Akira to start drawing manga, so i thought it was some shounen shit

Fighting for the fate of the world is super common in western films and most films have something at stake, although maybe they're too subtle for you ya autist

Shounen isn't a genre.

You're beyond helping man, holy shit. One google search will tell you that its one of the best anime (and manga), period

I wasn't criticising western art films, but giving reasons why people prefer Eva. I never said that being ultimately meaningless is necessarily negative. Some people do think so.

Reminder.

being on animeboard... smartassin bout animes...
not knowing akira …
or at least showing interest

Source for left frames?

Sup Forums is a board for film
Sup Forums, /_/, and sometimes /jp/ are for chinese cartoons
*note _ has been left out so it doesn't get infected by Sup Forums scum

Because Sup Forums has shit taste, this is an anime website, anime is allowed on Sup Forums, and judging by your picture you haven't been here since before 2014

But Sup Forums was made because people did not want to discuss films or television on Sup Forums. It wasn't made for you to play catch up because Sup Forums makes you insecure and you're too proud to stay on reddit.

…Akira

When he jacks off to her in the hospital, that's probably one of the most uncomfortable things I've ever seen. I guess I'm sympathizing for him in a way.

All of those things are irrelevant, stay mad faggot

Rango deserves more praise than all this weebshit

>Angel's Egg

Japanese things can't be wannabe Japanese.

>Rango was released six years ago

Even so, Rango still deserves more praise than pseudo weebshit

You made this too, right?

Nothing can be done. There are people browsing this board right now that haven't seen at least half/1 episode of something as mainstream as game of thrones or the walker dead.
I don't doubt there are people here RIGHT NOW that haven't even something extremely entry level trash as fight club or pleb fiction.

Thats just the current state of this board thanks to people like OP

Japanese things can't be pseudo-wannabe Japanese either. And why exactly should Rango be held above all anime ever made?

It's not when you're trying to step up to someone when you're clearly new to this board

Because it's objectively better than whatever was posted ITT? I'm also not saying all anime ever made, that's you.

It's up there.

Are you actually fucking implying that Rango is better than EVA or Akira?

>Because it's objectively better than whatever was posted ITT?
Of course. It's American so it has to be the best regardless of its actual quality and the quality of what it's being compared against.

USA! USA! USA!

you're talking to a low IQ videogame tourist that replies to every post. stop now for your own sake.

Reminder the rise of Sup Forumsedditors coming over to Sup Forums as a result of Bane memes has led to a shift in taste on Sup Forums

99% of the anime threads here are made by Sup Forumsedditors who only watch LE EPIC MANIME shonen trash and are too scared to post on Sup Forums because no one wants to talk about the same 5 old classic anime that only entry level newfaggots know about. Then they cry about Sup Forums having shit taste and proceed to buy their next avengers movie ticket.

Sup Forums has actually done a fantastic job at keeping out you Sup Forumseddit scum and so all you faggots come crying here because no one wanted to accommodate your newfaggotry.

Also you all treat Sup Forums as a place to ask for recommendations when was made to deal with garbage threads like these that aren't actually discussing anything. This thread should be deleted but since Sup Forums mods are garbage it won't be.

TUMBLING DOWN
TUMBLING DOWN
TUMBLING DOWN

I'm not implying anything. I'm straight up telling you

then you're not a patrician

I think so personally.

I think it also has a lot to do with when you watch it. I was in my mid teens confused directionless all that, it felt like something that understood me so I have a special connection to it.

Its amazing on the technical side too but if I had to pick out just a couple I'd say framing and use of contrasting colors. Really gives the film its own identity.

This too is unfortunate.

Rango is grand style with an okay story. It is the best looking CGI film by far, though.
Calm down, Oswald Mosley.

On what basis are you claiming I have low IQ? Where did I say or suggest anything about video games? What makes me a tourist?

Rango is a great animated movie and all but fucking come off it. It's not some artistic achievement beyond having superb animation, it's just a well-made fun little flick.

>Calm down, Oswald Mosley.
What are you talking about?

Everytime someone chimps out against Ameriburgers and it's not on Sup Forums, you can assume they're an Anglo.

Neither are Akira and EVA, though

Japan will never create "kino" as they have no soul. Shuji Terayama was the closest thing they'll ever get to a kino creator.

Sup Forums is shit and only talks about shows featuring little girls you raging autist

Why can't Sup Forums fuck off?

you can't judge films objectively

Better anime movies:

Redline
Ghost in the Shell
Ninja Scroll
Akira
Fist of the North Star
Perfect Blue
Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust
Tokyo Godfathers
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Macross: Do You Remember Love?
Lupin III: Cagliostro no Shiro
Golgo 13
Paprika
Highlander: The Search for Vengeance

As soon as this whole "kino" meme showed up I knew it was only a matter of time until everyone takes it completely seriously.

Song of the Sea is not cinematic at all by the way.

If that were actually true they wouldn't have much to talk about.

Winnie the Pooh is better

Best animated could be Redline, maybe Tartakovsky's Clone Wars
Best animated film could be Toy Story, Shrek, maybe Aladdín.
Best animated short ever is World Record.

Sounds like you're new to Sup Forums too.

>If that were actually true they wouldn't have much to talk about.
They literally don't talk about anything but masturbation to anime girls. Go look at the catalog right now. 80% of the threads are about fucking anime girls.

>GiTS
Bullshit. It has literally one memorable character in the Major. Only other guy that I can distinctly remember is Cable.

because we created this site

>80%
But you said here >Sup Forums is shit and only talks about shows featuring little girls you raging autist
>only

Too much symetry, literally pleb tier.

That's because most anime this season is trash though. What, were you expecting good discussion from fucking Konosuba?

look at this shit you delusional weeb

Where the fuck is the shot with Unit 2 and the mass produced EVA? You know the one.

If American animation was judged like live action cinema is, stuff like Toy Story and Shrek would be held in drastically lower regard.

First you said "little girls," now you're saying "anime girls." Which is it? They don't mean the same thing.

>That's because most anime this season is trash though.
You people say that about every season, and very rarely actually watch anything.

Some animated kino coming through.

you said only, and your image disproves that.
you played yourself

>anime board attract children and female

I AM SHOCKED

You said only and then 80%. Make up your mind