This is really just an overrated movie, which eschews story in favour of hitting the correct political points...

This is really just an overrated movie, which eschews story in favour of hitting the correct political points. Every single bad guy is a white man who is terminated violently. There's a farming family in plaid, who are black instead of white. The main baddy is a blue eyed man with a British accent. There's a rainbow coalition of children to save. And because they can't quite yet portray preteen LGBTQTx2 characters, they are named the "Transigen" kids who wear t-shirts with rainbows on them... the overall lesson is for Wolverine to teach a feral young woman (who of course is the world's most powerful fighter, weighing in at 85lbs) to be compassionate, but not a single white male is spared their life. Hamfisted political dreck at its worst, a boring story at best. I love Wolverine but this is just as overrated and stupid as The Dark Knight Rises, with slightly less plot holes and dumber politics. Far more interested in virtue signaling than telling a good story. Predictable through and through. Missed opportunities in both fight choreography and tone. The setting in nonsense. Doesn't fit in with the world set up in the other X films. No better than the first movie, and worse than the second. Jackman saves it from being a fail. More humorous than expected. Meh. Hollywood in continued decline. Lowest common denominator moralizing abounds.

Lad Xmen was always about this lbgt shite. It was always hamfisted political dreck. Also most of the soldiers who are the baddies were spics.

>Every single bad guy is a white man who is terminated violently
except for all those mexicans killed violently
>There's a farming family in plaid, who are black instead of white.
Farming is implied to be a low class, dying profession if you aren't part of a big corporation
>The main baddy is a blue eyed man with a British accent.
oh no racists im literally shaking
>And because they can't quite yet portray preteen LGBTQTx2 characters, they are named the "Transigen" kids who wear t-shirts with rainbows on them
X-Men has always been about civil rights/social acceptance, of blacks,gays or just teenagers feeling out of touch
>the overall lesson is for Wolverine to teach a feral young woman (who of course is the world's most powerful fighter, weighing in at 85lbs) to be compassionate,
No, it's for Wolverine, the worlds former greatest fighter, to learn compassion again

Yeah, transgendered people are basically the same as mutants grown with superpowers to be killing machines

Oh boy, the SJW defense force

>movie where an entire black family is murdered
>somehow Sup Forums still finds a way to be triggered
Fuck off, Snowflake

I hate things people like for no reason too

>calls them sjws
>When the first post is calling dirty mexicans spics
Hola reddit

The scene with the black family was already done in Origins. Felt pointless to me, and incredibly stupid - Wolfie and X should have known that they were going to get that family killed.

I hope this is pasta. Imagine being really that paranoid and bitter

>He thought a capeshit was going to be deep

You're doing it wrong.

But too much Messican' speakin in muh movie!

That's a valid criticism. Trying to imply there's a covert racial agenda to the film isn't. The only criticism in the OP longer than two words (overrated, plot holes, nonsense, lowest common denominator) is ranting about an invented agenda. There's no critical thought outside what he's been conditioned to be offended by

I bet there are younger dudes on Sup Forums who really get caught up in this shit and actually get brainwashed like this. It's fucked up

I love how there's little actual substantive critique in that entire paragraph - it's a skill to be able to write without actually saying anything. Great use of buzzwords though, OP, proud of you.

A+

So many cucks in one thread

X-Men were always intended as a metaphor for blacks. It was a hamfisted reference to Malcom X.

Hopefully they'll fucking mellow with time

I'll take confirmation bias for 1000, alex!

Magneto was Malcolm X, Xavier was King. Maybe at first they used the X similarly

at least in the new trilogy, xmen/mutation is clearly an allegory for homosexuality, and likely has been the intent since it's modern inception

Remember when they go to the CIA base in First Class and discover that Hank McCoy is a mutant working for the CIA?

"you didn't ask, so I didn't tell"

Homo
Superior

But the noble, sacrificing heroes of the story are also white men. Logan, Xavier and Stephen Merchant give their lives over for others and are the movie's paragons.

You can't attack half the characterisation as identity politics pandering and then ignore the other half because it doesn't fit your theory.

Well, you can but it's cherry picking or confirmation bias.

best part was loligan getting harpooned desu

>white people should sacrifice themselves for faggots and refugees

Or the coming out scene in X2, that was even more overt.

I was like 10 when that came out, was there any uproar over how strongly pro-gay that film is in allegory for the time? I see so many idiots online get bothered over the line you posted but it was always there

Little girl probably weighs a lot more than 85lbs with an adamantium skeleton.

She is probably gonna be a permalolli because she got her skeleton so young though.

Good

Hello SoakerCity

>nothing but negative things to say about it, hates it on an ideological level
>6/10

again, you are leaving out the fact that x23 is his actual kin. merchant's character tries to save his friends. and xavier is a broken old man who gets one last day of happiness and is cut down.

What I didn't like is just like in another Marvel movie badguys aren't shown that much bad, except for that doctor. They didn't shot any of kid to death, they didn't even shot Laura really.

I mean for example in BvS mercanaries that Batman killed are shown to kill people, kidnaping people. In Nolan trilogy goons arre shown to do a lot of shit.
But not in Marvel, goons are too soft to be killed, only main villain is really even. Fuck that.

I think the fact it was Ian McKellen helped

>adamantium skeleton
she only has the claws coated you dumb motherfucker