What do you think of James McAvoy as Prof. X?

What do you think of James McAvoy as Prof. X?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/T4Oasn5EUac?t=33
variety.com/2017/film/news/patrick-stewart-trump-u-s-citizenship-1202001721/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Decent. The trilogy suffers from a lot of miscasts imho but they nailed Xavier and Magneto

He's gr8

more like James Mac a boy, amirite?

I liked Nicolas Hoult too, but they really ruined the design of Beast

more like Prof. Ex-have-hair, amirite?

It's funny how amazing the original Beast makeup is, but Wolverine's relatively simple hair and sideburns look like dogshit in X1 and 2

It's different every time what the fuck?

I like him fine as pre-cripple Picard, but I prefer Picard as cripple Picard.

This. McAvoy, Fassbender and Hoult are wasted on this series. For what it's worth I even liked Lawrence in First Class. I blame Singer and Kinberg WHO WROTE THE LAST STAND, JUST POINTING THAT OUT.

Anyway, the entire franchise is worthless. Absolutely none of the movies can keep it up for their duration, or they're rampant with cringe inducing sequences. All in all the series has yet to have a proper film.

I liked First Class...

>Absolutely none of the movies can keep it up for their duration
What is this? I think X2, DOFP, and Logan especially are great for the first 2/3rds, then my eyes glaze over for the final act. The second the final fight starts I lose all interest

So did I, probably my favorite.

I hated the Mutants/Students (outside of recruitment, where they didn't talk, and the training sequence, where they also rarely talked) and Kevin Bacon's character. Really the entire group of Antagonists was terrible. I'm still not entirely sure what they were after, I stop watching before Bacon's monologue in the garbage ending.

Great movie for Charlies and Erik and their relationship, the Satellite Movement and Argentinian Bar scenes are some of if not the best in the series.

>Argentinian Bar scenes
das beste

best proffesor

youtu.be/T4Oasn5EUac?t=33

>He didn't watch how Bacon died
You dun goofed

I think all the cast was good except mystique

I genuinely cannot remember what X2 was about, and I rewatched it just a few years ago. DoFP gets worse with each viewing and is unwatchable past the Pentagon Heist, or more specifically the scene directly following with Charles and Erik.

Logan was good in tone/atmsosphere, acting, scene direction, action and overall design, but it has some major fault;

>Not a standalone movie/Does not work without 17 years of setup
>iPhone voice over exposition
>Gabriella's character in general
>Generic science man antagonist (granted, his monologue being cut off with a bullet was great)
>Donald's death
>Caliban's death
>The Reavers in general and their endless, repetitive pursuit gets weary and is very reminiscent of Blade Runner (Batty monologues to X in/at Y, immediately followed by Deckard talking to X in/at Y about Batty's monologue)
>Almost everything after X-23 takes the wheel (essentially leading into Eden and the final act)

It's a great character film, and it should've been one. You could have kept whatever that company was called, generic science man, and especially kept Laura and Donald, but it should have been background noise.

Logan should have been protecting Laura for Charles from the beginning, not because of some misguided Maury Povich in a tube syndrome.

>I genuinely cannot remember what X2 was about
I recall all the fun stuff with Wolverine playing den leader with the teen xmen, that's what makes the movie. The shitty underground military base stuff I have no idea about

You're wrong m8.
And you know it.

I'm not trying to be right, it's just my opinion.

Better than Patrick Stewart, who needs to hang.

variety.com/2017/film/news/patrick-stewart-trump-u-s-citizenship-1202001721/

He'll be fine.

DELET

>IT WASN'T ME CHARLES

good. I don't see him as prof but he is not lacking in any aspect. Its very hard for me to picture what young prof should be like so I have no pointers

let him be, he just went off the deep end in his old age.

This beast design was what made me not see First Class in theaters.

I regret it deeply.

ICKS MAN

Everyone prefers Picard as cripple Picard. That's because it's fucking Picard.

No man with that age is bald, it doesnt make any sense, he still had hair. Its just fan service.

>No man with that age is bald

i'm 24 and i've been balding since I was 20

thats just your high estrogen

I liked him but my brain wouldn't accept him in the role.
Every time they cut to him I had like a half second brain lag where I would be like 'there was a character like this in this movie?' or 'who is this character?' before I remembered he was supposed to be Xavier.
The worst time of this was in the desert scene in Apocalypse where he's lying on the rocks, and I honestly thought for about 3 seconds they were introducing a new character, until he opened his eyes and I realized who it was.

>No man with that age is bald
He's like 30 something.

Plenty of people are balding by their late 20's. Including me.

Same he just feels too different.

He was pretty good in the First Class, his chemistry with Fassbender has been the main driving force behind the prequel series, when they separate the two and focus on anything else other than the two the entire movie goes to shit.

>liked the worst one
I don't even know what I disliked about it. The two most important characters are done well but everything else fails hard.

cant follow this X-Men shit

are there two timelines? Different universe?

didnt Prof.X die already and not in Logan?

I thought liberals were the whiny ones

He transfered his consciousness with his vegetative state twin brother when Jeane killed him
But this didn't happen in this continuity... I think

>Bitburger
>das beste

Matthew jetzt mal ganz ernsthaft

Wrong cancer patients

he fucked thicc chubby lemoncakes on set so I hate him.

mfw 23 and going bald
thank god I have too many problems and too little time to even stop and think about that

Absolutely based, his performance in Days of Future Past is one of my personal favorites in all of capeshit. I can't say that I'm too excited about him playing bald wheelchair-bound Xavier though. He excelled at showing all the different sides of Xavier apart from wise mentor. His performance in Apocalypse was the weakest of the 3 but the script didn't help much

Who?

Going to watch the Pleb-men movies now just because of him

CYCLOP

Honestly him and Fass are the best parts. No homo.

I've been shaving my head since I was 25 because of my male pattern baldness. Professor X is older than that.

I always thought he lost his hair because of his mutation.

Jean/sansa

Nah, the story behind how he lost his hair is like 2 hours 30 minutes long and it involves the destruction of every major city in the world, a body snatching egyptian god, and Wolverine for some fucking reason

This

Really? They had a thing?

a movie that blew its load in casting the perfect nightcrawler and open the film with the greatest actions sequences and power displays of them all.

obviouslly its my favorite because the entire school get kidnapped by Striker which sets the plot for all the later movies concerning wolverine. but they couldnt outcast Brian Cox.

Immortal man with metal caws running around gets old when he fights immortal asian woman metal and has to kick her ass and then 3 movies trying to top that. Im glad wolverine is dead.

Indeed, both past and future versions are impeccably casted.

Huge Jacked Man is also perfectly cast.

>the Nightcrawler White House assault scene

Fuck me that was so good. Why was it so good?

>Apocalypse>First Class

Are you stoned

McAvoy is such an underrated actor, he needs to do an Oscar bait movie