Liverpool agree deal for Van Dijk

>Liverpool agree world-record £75m fee for Virgil van Dijk

telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/27/liverpool-agree-world-record-75m-deal-virgil-van-dijk/

Based, meet you lads in concert square later, we'll go to Djangos to celebrate

>£75m for an average defender

lmfao

someone make chad christensen vs virgin van dijk asap

I don't understand, is there no one better than Va Dijk? why were liverpool so desperate

>paying 75M£ for a guy to be raped by BRAHIMI
FUCKING KEK

At least you'll have a spot on the DVD we release when we win the CL

Why not instead get a better defender for cheaper?

Such as who? There's a reason nearly every top PL club chased Van Dijk

Transfer market is inflated boss, it is what it is.

>still using DVD's
Well, at least it's a newer technology than your list title won

like who?

Considering the last time Liverpool won the PL... wait, they never even won the PL!

what i wonder is if city rumors are true, why didn't he join them for maybe a bit less in paychecks but an easy title (PL) and maybe a CL

>City
>less money

Doubt.jpg

He joined Liverpool because Klopp has been speaking to him to convince him since early summer (hence the drama over it).

Plus at Liverpool he will instantly be the #1 defender and could be a club legend if he plays well, whereas at City he'd just be another guy and competing with other defenders not guaranteeing him a starting spot

Could still get this man for £15 million before he becomes a £40 million defender.

I don't get the hype surrounding Van Dijk.

players who don't play in the PL (for example de Vrij)

they're not PL Proven™

Neither do I. Alderweireld is much better and he'll be available this summer for about the same amount of money. De Vrij is available for a lower price as well.

>Alderweireld is much better and he'll be available this summer for about the same
Alderweireld is older, also why would he leave Spurs for Liverpool?

>bigger club
>more money

we'll have him too la

It's the Liverpool way, la.

Insane price for a good but relatively untested player.

A lot more money. Also a better chance of winning trophies. Liverpool are at least as good as Spurs with virtually no defense, add Alderweireld to their back line and they're title contenders. Only things that Spurs can offer that Liverpool can't are:

>London
>Close friends (Alderweireld/Vertonghen/Eriksen/Sanchez all played in the Netherlands for Ajax and have wives from Amsterdam)

Honestly if I was in his position I'd jump ship to Liverpool in a heartbeat.

Van Dijk is the safest purchase Liverpool could make on CB. Expensive, but if it results in Liverpool getting CL next year it's worth it.

Still need a LB and DM.

So Alderweireld must cost £100m next summer then. Levy does it again

>Plus at Liverpool he will instantly be the #1 defender and could be a club legend if he plays well

>Southampton buys De Vrij for 25 million
>Liverpool buys him for 100 million next summer

Things a cuck would say for 100