Finally saw Kong, it was pretty fucking good, I thought even much better than 2014 Godzilla...

Finally saw Kong, it was pretty fucking good, I thought even much better than 2014 Godzilla, incredibly hyped for the crossover.

>That spider scene

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uNx4RbeSpYM
youtube.com/watch?v=qD-eOk6LoHs
youtu.be/vfZyyRHoUXU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>incredibly hyped for the crossover.
Wrong Kong

ITT: OP is autistic
My digits confirm, checkem

What? They literally showed Godzilla and pals at the ending.

Fuck how do I delete my comments?

I enjoyed it a surprising amount. Went in expecting retardation, got retardation but with some nice visuals and John C. Reilly aswell.

The shots of Jackson and Kong were pretty chilling. The Loki guy was shit though. They really should've just ditched that character altogether and spent more on John C. Reilly and Gunpei Yoko.

Kong movie was great
Looking forward to mgs movie with same director
People who hated are pretentious fagtards

I saw a lot of potential with Loki's character, and I didn't think he was bad at all but I felt like they just didn't do much with him. Perhaps they want to set him up for sequels since Jackson and John are dead and no one else is all that notable

You know, the funniest shit. When I was watching this, I was thinking to myself how great a Kong movie by Hideo Kojima would've been. But then I hear the same director is doing the MGS movie. Funny how that works.

I hope for a sequel they do a whole new group. Loki really wasn't all that fun and that actor is honestly monotone as fuck.

I liked it, it's no masterpiece or anything and it definitely wasn't trying to hit the same tone as Shin Godzilla or something lofty like that (which Godzilla 2014 tried to do but failed) but it was enjoyable as a monster movie. Sup Forums exaggerates way too many of it's flaws to some extent (that's not to say it didn't do a lot of stupid shit).

Another opinion; While I enjoyed this Kong, I do feel like Peter Jackson's King Kong had a grander scope to it. Like the proportions were so much bigger. That scene where that fair woman is sacrificied to Kong is an example of Jackson's ability to sell scope. And unfortunately, that wasn't as present with the recent one. Generally I feel that Jackson's Kong is the bolder film and will probably age better but this one was pretty good for a 2 hour entertainment. And even this one had some really good shots of Kong.

>That spider scene

You just noped me out of seeing it.

The spider pit in the last Kong movie freaked me THE FUCK OUT when that guy gets eaten alive by those giant worms.

......nope nope nope.

youtube.com/watch?v=uNx4RbeSpYM
it was pretty fucking bad, almost exactly on par with godzilla 2014.
I'm sure you will enjoy the crossover too op

Is that Anthony Wiener?

The spider scene in this one was more...mystical.
I don't know how to explain it. It was a very unusual scene and wasn't just plain "creepy spider"

I dont understand why there are some people who call this a masterpiece.

I could watch the original twice in the times it would take to complete this one and be ten times as entertained.

There are good parts to the movie, but i cant bring myself to go through that slog again.

I mean it's not a master piece, but it's not trying to fill the shoes of the older movies, it's going for a more blockbuster thing, which is does very well.

why make a empty blockbuster when you could put all that effort into making a decent Kong movie?

How many times can you make the same movie?

>it's going for a more blockbuster thing, which is does very well.

At least an hour would have to be cut from the movie for it to do that.
Its more like a television cut of a blockbuster film where they filmed extra scenes that are poorly written and unnecessary.

it's definitely not a masterpiece but I don't think it's trying to be like Godzilla 2014 tried and failed to do. It's just an action monster movie reintroducing King Kong to new audiences.

All kong action sequences were great, everything else was utter dogshit.

Cheesy oneliners and quips throughout, Samuel L Jackson being Samuel L Jackson, constant blank green screen "amazement" looks from the whole cast, terribly (under)written Goodman and Hiddleston characters, random chink girl for the chink audience, basic stock action movie soundtrack with like 12 overused Vietnam tracks, worse then Marvel post credits scene.
The fucking CGI Kong has shown more emotion than the whole cast together.

I hope they ditch this cast completely for the crossover.

>Was going to make a reply video to this
>But it makes basically no points and is just too awful to pay any mind too

One day

Im not saying they need to rehash the same shit over and over again, but the tone was just too all over the place for me to take this movie seriously. It was like the director thought that we couldn't handle a serious monster movie, so he made the actors ham it up for two hours to rake in more cash.

What the fuck did Godzilla 2014 even try to be? It was lame on all fronts.

Basically what Shin Godzilla ended up being is what 2014 was trying to be two years earlier. It's a movie with a utterly confused message. It's about da nukes, wait no it's about nature man nature will sort itself out and uh uh ret dem fite

Im talking about the 2006 movie btw

Wait, where is Kong's penis???

Atleast the Godzilla airport reveal was far better than the Kong reveal.

Was quite of an experience in cinema.

Well no one else is talking about that one buttmunch

If they want to make this a franchise, they're better off having every movie contain a separate cast of characters except for the monsters themselves
I saw the movie and I have no idea what Tom Hiddleston's character was called, or what anyone else was called except for Silco

There was only one character in this movie and that was John C. Reilly. Pretty touching seeing him at the end there.

Gorillas have very small penises.

2006 kong was far more superior

OP used the image from the remake and i have a short attention span.

>too awful to pay any mind too
>was going to make a reply video
you already lost senpai. the only thing awful here besides your autism is Kong: Skull Island

Well in that case, you have a shit opinion and you should probably kill yourself

Jackson more like Hackson

The monster scenes were top fucking tier in it. It's a shame that they were so jarring compared to the boring slog of a plot the rest of the film had. I'm kind of disappointed knowing Edwards is gone considering there's a better writer attached to 2 and KvG, but at least the Krampus guy seems promising.

If someone had cut these shitty scenes from the Jackson version, not only it would've improved the pacing, but it would've also rid us of these awful Hobbit-tier scenes.

With some editing and maybe a different soundtrack instead of that awful generic shit James Howard shat out, it could've been great.

>tfw no game tie in like the Peter Jackson one
I wanted to run from Bamboo Spiders and shoot Skullcrawlers to It Ain't Me dammit.

You would know wouldn't ya? Fucking fag.

>this is the big one!
>it's not big
well done, pj

It was double the size of the ones we've seen already

my dick can double in size too but it doesnt make it big

Wasn't it 25 feet in the previous movie and 100 feet in this one?

Previous movie?

Goodman was wasted on this movie

I think there was a line of him still "getting bigger" so he'll be a true BIG guy when he meets Godzilla

King Kong (2005)

Not nearly as much as Cratson in Godzilla

Cranston was atleast good in his short screentime, Goodman was all around terrible

Shin Godzilla vs Kong and Godzilla
Who wins?
youtube.com/watch?v=qD-eOk6LoHs

All of Shin fights will literally come down to if the enemy can kill him quickly.
If they take too long he'll just eventually out evolve them

How did Asians feel about the cute Asian chick getting BLACKED?

Fuck Asians. She was a shitty actress and even the nigger felt less out-of-place than she did. Fucking chinks...

thats the worst casting ever

Sup Forums will literally defend this

youtu.be/vfZyyRHoUXU

They probably forgot she was even in the movie considering she has ~8 lines in the entire movie