Why did you tell me this was bad? It's great! I'm just getting to the end of season 3

Why did you tell me this was bad? It's great! I'm just getting to the end of season 3.

It hasn't hit the delirious heights of TNG yet, but it has been much more consistent overall and most episodes are generally very good.

The cast is, overall, much better. TNG had a couple really great characters, a couple really bad ones, and the rest are boring. Voyager is almost all good, and the only ones I don't like are Harry and Tuvok who are merely boring.

Voyager thread?

I never got the hate for it. Outside of TNG it's my favourite Trek by far.

turboplebs

Yeah I loved it personally, literally only people who dislike opera hate this show.

Why don't you just...

move along home?

It's a lot better than ds9 desu. Ds9 got like 75% shitty boring forgettable characters.

You are also mostly right with TNG. Hit or miss while mostly hit. Imo there aren't many boring characters though.

OP here

Yo, this is Sup Forums, if he hates it he can hate it. In an internet full of pussyfooting nice guys this is the place where people can let their hatred flow.

I'd appreciate more detailed criticism but if he just wants to call us turboplebs he can.

I was calling him out, assuming he's the DS9 fag who hates on Voyager and defends that episode as being "misunderstood" and "full of character development."

Voyager is terrible and you are all idiots

Every character is pointless, the writing is embarassing, and the actors clearly dont give a shit. If you cant see how obviously superior both TNG and DS9 are then you are either autistic or retarded.

Different user here.

I actually love "Move Along Home". It feels like something out of TOS, which cannot be a bad thing.

>"It's only a game!"

Voyager has more in common with TOS than any other series.

>that scene where Fear is torturing Harry

le tos is the best meme

Oh please every episode is Roman or Greek planet kidnaps crew thee fucking end.

DS9 fags don't even like Trek.

DS9

TOS has like 3-5 really excellent episodes...

Almost all are bad.

Deserved respect for innovation but that doesn't make it the best Trek.

It's like Tolkien and high fantasy. You must respect the guy for such ambitious literature but his prose is shitty in LOTR.

The Hobbit is an objectively better book than all 3 LOTR combined.

Threshold

I am a 20 year old NEET who enjoyed farscape, felt like every episode was an adventure but from the few episodes of star trek(don't remember which) I've watched I never really took to it. Does this mean I am a pleb faggot nigger, what should I start with?

imo it grinds to a halt when Seven of Nine is introduced to the cast because the plot becomes about her. We already had an interesting continuation of the Spock/Data archetype with the Doctor. Seven is just an uninteresting Spock/Data Hybrid. She's hot, but as a character not very good, IMO.

DS9 episodes that are worse than Voyager's Threshold:

"Battle Lines"
"If Wishes were Horses"
"The Circle"
"Shadowplay"
"Life Support"
"Shakaar"
"The Muse"

>The Doctor is the best
>Neelix and Tuvok are great
>B'Elanna and 7 are hot
>End up mostly watching in hopes of Harry Kim not getting fucked over

All the series are decent.

This is Sup Forums, dude. People on here just like to shitpost for attention.

le tos is bad because of the sixties meme

Why don't people use 11:59 as the example of the worst Voyager episode?

It's like Rodenberry had a good idea that he couldn't quite evolve and transform into what Trek is today.

>what Trek is today

Fast and the Furious ripoffs?

Tuvix exists

No man, there are plenty of great shows from the 60s. The Prisoner, Hogan's Heroes, Gilligan's Island, all good shit.

Good writing elevates a show that might have dated effects.

Most of TOS just didn't have good writinng.

faggot

TOS and ENT had way better mirror universe episodes than DS9.

While the outcome is (allegedly) controversial, I've never heard it used as an example of a "bad" episode.

All mirror universe episodes are garbage

God bless Burman

Doctor was really the best.

He reminds me of that time Spock prodded McCoy about how amusing it would be if his brain patterns were copied into a computer, because "the ensuing torrent of illogic" or something, would be fascinating.

all the time, you kidding? it's one of those episodes that is just sort of awful. Tuvix himself as a character was awful and even more horrifying to look at.

the TNG episode where Riker's double from the Potemkin is recovered was a good "transporter accident" episode. Tuvix, was not.

Doomsday Machine
Balance of Terror
The Corbomite Maneuver
City on the Edge of Forever
The Menagerie
The Galileo Seven
Arena
Space Seed
The Devil in the Dark
Errand of Mercy
Amok Time
Mirror, Mirror
Journey to Babel
The Trouble with Tribbles
The Immunity Syndrome
The Enterprise Incident

TOS IS Trek. It's all derivative after the original.

Shatner is a hack.

and handsome as fuck

The TNG mirror episode was nice. Or was that just time travel I don't remember. The one with tasha.

They're not evil, just in a long brutal conflict with the Klingon Empire. Great episode.

Tuvix is one of the best episodes because, despite its small scale, it poses one of the best ethical conflicts in the series.

It's a goddamn hard call to make. There are good arguments for both sides, and I can't honestly say which one I think is right.

It's excellent.

The best episode is the one where Tuvok wears a do-rag.

Fuck you all, Sarah Silverman was hella hot

She was actually pretty good in that episode. They almost made her a permanent character, but they decided to add Seven instead.

>"The Circle"
>"Shadowplay"
These are fine, you're just trying to make your list look bigger than it actually is.

Threshold is still worse though. They found a way home, so there is no reason for the series to continue at all.

>tfw you will never become sexually aroused in Seven of Nines body

why even live?