Iron Fist

Wow guys I didn't know this series was so problematic, I'm definitely not letting my wife's son see ANY more Marvel movies.

bump

*sips tea*

>Sponsored by Lane Giant.

>ASIANS KNOWING MARTIAL ARTS ISN'T TOTALLY A RACIST STEREOTYPE EITHER!

>WE ARE PROGRESSIVE!!

>[sips tea]

>oy vey white people

stop making me want to watch Marvel capeshit out of spite.

>white actor plays a karate guy named danny
>critics furious

what a world

*scratches vag*

you pretty much have to watch this if you want to show them

if the views are low they will write articles about how they won

>white person is casted for a non-antagonist non-nazi non-evil role

This is highly problematic, and almost certainly racist.

And have a Disney show succeed? No thanks.

It's a good show, honestly. I'm on the fourth episode and the plot is very engaging, it's not quite what the trailers made it look like. The kung fu is solid, the obligatory grrrl power character is a shitty actress though.

It's a bit more simple in structure too. The Iron Fist is an actual superpower but it literally is 'punch shit harder temporarily'.

The writing can be a little on the nose, but it's a fucking comic book. It plays well.

>*sips tea*
Holy fuck, some of these cunts should've been Jack the Ripper victims.

I thought Iron Fist was always white?

Yes, he was.

>(((Sesali Bowen)))

>[sips tea]
What the motherfuck is this

>The kung fu is solid
Action has gotten such better in the last few years, but seems to have made a massive leap lately, almost as if directors realized that experts know much more than they do.
Watch fast and furious (one) with a mechanically inclined friend,so many mistakes could have been avoided if the director just asked the blue collars on the set a few sit questions.

He was always pink on the inside.

>literal warmonger uses billions to create AI death machine and is quickly forgiven
>blonde guy is the issue

>Sesali Bowen
Is she African American, or Caribbean-American? I've never heard of such a first name/last name combo...

>(((Sesali Bowen)))

Doubt it, unless she ate a family of jews, which is perhaps not entirely unlikely

Iron Fist was always a dumb character.

>[sips tea]
Holy shit it's fucking real.

He is, and that's the problem, according to these people. Their end game isn't "diversity" if it was, they'd be content by now. There are some people who won't be happy until there's zero white people in media, period. White genocide is a very real thing. Thankfully,
>Sesali Bowen
>Seriously, someone named their fucking kid that
is a literally who, and this brand of crazy is a bit too audacious to go mainstream... so far.

>a white dude
Anyone else find this term to be racist? Or at the very least, a "microaggression?"
>travels to Asia to learn martial arts
Funny way of saying "is left stranded, starving, terrified, and frost bitten in the Himalayas after his plane goes down and is mercifully saved by alien monks who find him in the fetal position next to his father's corpse" but ok.
>and then use them against the people who taught him
Danny is aligned with the K'un Lun, by extension the Chaste, and later the defenders, and never turns on... any of them. His enemies are the Hand, a primarily (but by no means exclusively) Asian organization, but is it now wrong for white heroes to have PoC as villains? FFS by the Defenders his best friend, borderline *mentor* is Luke Cage, a man so black he makes Wesley Snipes look like Carrot Top.

I'm a pretty liberal individual myself, and I'm trying Ringo, I'm trying real. hard. to be the shepherd, but I'm honestly kind of over this open, petty, and unapologetic hostility towards white people.

We can coexist. There's plenty of Earth for everyone. However, white people aren't going to lay down and die, we aren't going to go quietly into the night, and you'd think after Brexit and Nov. 8th these people would have gotten the picture.

Do we have to reelect him in four years? Because we will.

Sorry, didn't mean to rant, anons, I just find this shit so tiresome.

>the race of a character has been changed
But Danny was always a blonde white dude.

I refuse to believe this diabetic ham planet has ever been in the same room with a cup of tea; I think what she meant to type was
>[clenches fist, expunging the contents of the 3-liter of bubba gulp soda in it's entirety into it's vacuous gullet]
>[as the beast consumes more bio mass, yet another chin is born]
>[FOR THE SWARM]

Maybe the triples parentheses were supposed to be ripples in a glass of water like in Jurassic Park.

She was justifying her (frankly racist) suggestion to change his race to Asian by saying that traditionally white characters having their identities, gimmicks, and stories ripped from them whole sale and given a new PoC coat of paint is becoming disturbingly common.

Did you not read the full image? She says that the character should be changed to Asian, reasoning that race changes have happened before *sips mountain dew because tea is cultural appropriation*

OH WE'LL SEE

WE'LL SEE WHO SIPS TEA

WHO IS THE TEA SIPPER AROUND HERE

OH YES

comic characters are weird that way

a white character is made when a white guy draws up a character, makes it into a comic, years of hard work later it becomes a movie

a POC character is made when POC go through the white comics like a shopping catalogue, I want this one, I want this one, this one should be black, etc.

She is attempting to get across her smug pretentiousness through inter-verbal cues in order to make it seem like she knows what she's talking about, when in reality she 1) does not care about the show or the source material because she would've known that Danny Rand has always been white, 2) talked about something other than the strawman about racial and cultural appropriation which is hilarious considering the character is very respectful towards other cultures and 3) pointed out that Colleen is more of a walking stereotype than all the other people on the show and can't act to save her life.

Nothing really changes the fact this series is complete shit, thou its always hilarious how a couple of shills always manage to troll Sup Forums into adopting retarded views...'member Fury Road?

}puffs e-cig{

>when a white guy draws up a character, makes it into a comic, years of hard work later it becomes a movie
>he thinks the same creators and artists from decades ago are still working on comic books

This is what happens when normies start talking about comic books. The cringe is unbearable.

>Casting a white guy to play a white character is problematic

anti-white bias is real and i wish people would just admit it already

this is clearly an absurd scenario we're living in

One day I will own this board.

stop making shit up you know what I said.

Kek underrated

>Fat acceptance
These people realize that no matter how big the hug box gets, the very real health risks associated with obesity don't change, right?

>bubba gulp soda

Fucking shot liquid out of my nose reading that one. Fucking kek bud, fucking kek.

IT"S BASED ON A FUCKING COMIC BOOK REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Fat acceptance
>She's one of those people that can, with a straight face, say that lazy people who refuse to consider portion control wanting to be told they're as beautiful as people who give a damn about their health is on the same level of legitimacy as the struggle of homosexuals and blacks
Fuck this cunt, and everything she has ever written.

>you know what I said.
>DUURR THESE CREATORS ARE STILL WORKING HARD "TO THIS DAY" CREATING THE WHITE SUPERHEROES WE LOVE

No, I legit don't know what you're talking about. In fact, most major superheroes have gone through severe unpopularity streaks. Iron Fist is barely relevant in today's comic book industry, he's only being adapted as an obligatory companion to the Luke Cage brand.

You just know these twats would also complain if they cast an Asian guy in the stereotypical kung fu man role.

Ignore professional whiners.

>a white dude travels to Asia to learn martial arts and ancient wisdoms
WRONG!
>and then use them against the people who taught him
SAD!

you're full of shit , are you done yet?

you deny the work and effort the original creators and artists put in to get the characters and comics off the ground because someone else has worked on it since now that there's tonnes of money to be made off their IP's and characters

get a clue, genius.

You're being willfully obtuse and can't even refute his point. So just shut the fuck up, idiot.

Why don't other races make their own shows if they don't like white people in their shows and movies?

Progressives operate on snark and have managed to compress it into two words for maximum douche factor.

>you deny the work and effort the original creators and artists put in to get the characters and comics off the ground because someone else has worked on it since now that there's tonnes of money to be made off their IP's and characters
You don't even know who these creators are, you fucking idiot. Go ahead and wikipedia the fuck out of all of this information now that I've caught you red handed, but it's pretty obvious you're parroting things you've never even thought about UNTIL those pesky SJWs insulted a white character you'd never heard from before.

Not even comic book fans are as pathetic as you are. They at least know what they're talking about.

White privilege/oppression/systemic racism prevents them from creating POC characters.

It somehow fails to prevent them from removing white characters though.

The thing is that sjws complain all day long about things no nothing about and will never read, watch or play.

> Go ahead and wikipedia the fuck out of all of this information

"all this information"

> now that I've caught you red handed

are you done? good because you're fooling nobody.

saying you did something is not the same as doing it

This is pure autism.

You missed his point entirely and are focusing on an incidental part of his post so you can sperg rage about comic books. This is cringeworthy and you should kill yourself and take all your manchild superhero drawings with you.

Jezebel
>an online magazine focusing on celebrities, sex, feminism and other issues relating to women empowerment.

Not reviewing a video game cause its got man in the title.

While their partner site Kotaku (mostly dedicated to video games) does it review it.

So brave so empowering.

At least people got pissed off in the comments