I never watched Trans4mers. How bad is it in comparison to the previous 3 movies?

I never watched Trans4mers. How bad is it in comparison to the previous 3 movies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2-aTbHsZJ9g
youtube.com/watch?v=01DlosAwams
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Better.

It's still trash but it's the kind where you can sit through it and only occasionally think about how uncomfortable you are compared to the other films.

It cannot be worse than Revenge of the Fallen which even Michael Bay has gone on record as saying is bad and he regrets it

It's just a clusterfuck, half the time it's impossible to tell what's going on and why.

The China pandering is awful to watch as well

Is that T-Rex a nod to Beast Wars?

They literally took two draft scripts and bashed them together into one movie. Characters appear & disappear randomly. Bayistan geography is in full effect. The last act is pure nonsense on par with Suicide Squad.

I remember nothing about it. Aftually, there's a scene where everything lifts in the air and falls, but that's about it

This must be true because I watched this but I can barely remember the last half of it. I can't even remember why the dinobots exist or what happens with them. I just remember thinking how dumb it all was.

1>3>4>2

yes you fucking man child loser

ease up there bucko it's just a stupid transformers thread

No, it's Grimlock.

>ME GRIMLOCK SMASH!
If the dinobots can speak English why is their grammar so poor?

youtube.com/watch?v=2-aTbHsZJ9g

n1
This makes me wanna play with my old toys

I would say 1>4>3>2 but there's a sizable gap between 1 and 4.

They finally decided to give colors to the Autobots and some semblance of personality, even though they're cliches.
The humans are generally shit, as is tradition, but the 'villain' human CEO is probably the best character in the series, which is nice because he gets enough screentime to offset the terrible father/daughter garbage.

Optimus essentially has PTSD after being hunted by humans for years, it's the only character arc a Transformer has been given so far, I guess besides Sentinel Prime? If you didn't like how bland he's been in the past films you'll probably enjoy him here.

Lockdown is the best villain so far, murdering Ratchet and generally skilled and effective for the entire film. He's acting as a bounty hunter for the Quintessons which is a more interesting angle than the previous Megatron garbage. The film takes a nosedive when he comes back in Apple mode, he exits stage left like a Saturday cartoon villain after his goons are destroyed and then it goes back to Lockdown.

The Dino bots are a disappointment, only referred to as "Legendary Warriors", but if you want to see them destroy a bunch of robots you're in luck.

The odd numbered movies are better than the even numbered movies.

Also
1:35
youtube.com/watch?v=01DlosAwams

Fucking love it, only because of dumb it is though.

My bother watched part 4 with me and fell asleep about halfway in. Its total trash.

The first movie is the best in the series. You watch it and get giant robots fighting each other in a city and the plot is simple enough for the action to happen.

The second movie is one of the worst movies ever made. Its 90% relationship problems/comedy with people yelling and the final battle last a literal 1 minute and 20 seconds where Optimus Prime beats everyone. The CGI is also worse, you cant tell who is fighting who or who won a fight. Micheal Bay has gone on record and admitted the movie was a piece of shit.

The third movie felt the longest of the movie series, but the second half is all action and the plot isnt as convoluted as the 2nd movie. The transformers have more distinct designs so you can separate them during the action.

The 4th film is just pandering. Its panders to the Original Transformers fans by shoving in the dinobots for no reason in the last 10 minutes (they're still cool though). Its panders to the Chinese audience since everyone is after them these days. Its the 2nd best in the series as they gave the transformers different colors other than shades of gray. The only problem is Megaton is back again even though there was another villain that was cooler. Also another 2 villains, but they were human. Too many villains.

In Revenge of the Fallen I remember the scene where they're in the Smithsonian institute but then they randomly teleport to an airplane graveyard in the middle of the desert at complete random with no explanation. Not even an energy zap effect or a transition shot of an airplane or road trip or anything.

It's bizarre.

The first half feels like a regular Transformers movie.

The second half is weird. The dialog and gags are written in such a way that there is nothing lost in translation to Chinese. So the acting gets strange.

I remember Optimus just straight up yelling I'M GOING TO MURDER YOU AAAEEERGHH. It's like a foreign film.

It's atrociously bad.

Gets me every time. Grandpa bot tears a hole in the wall in the Smithsonian and they step outside into an airplane graveyard in the desert.

The Transformers series of films, by Michael Bay, are arguably the greatest contribution to the arts since the original emoticon, the smiley face.