Thoughts on this ?

Thoughts on this ?

Just back from first viewing and I'm genuinely considering a 2nd run

Phenomenal imo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=45jDQCtWZDo&list=PL6iImCSabKsBw9yc6MMYo_uZHaCxKeHjo&index=1&spfreload=5
youtube.com/watch?v=vNKfTVgLLYA
youtube.com/watch?v=Z_Cc20I-maM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Absolutely awful. One of the worst movies I've ever seen and I'm not just saying that to bait.

it's great. looks, sound and theme are all amazing.
i consider this scarletts johansen's last real performance.

Absolutely great. One of the best movies I've ever seen and I'm not just saying that to bait.

Really?

Honestly, you liked it?

why would i lie?

Scarlett was good in it because she played an alien who didn't understand human emotions.

it's a great movie, only idiots dislike it

The ending was ok, and the parts she shows her tits and leads them through the floor are ok. But the rest was just fucking boring imo.

Not one person I know liked it.

I fucking hate the scottish.

What's not to like? Great cinematography, great music, creepy and unique atmosphere, interesting style of filming (hidden cameras, actual footages), original and unseen concept.

That the people they used for the hidden camera bits were fucking boring.

its like

hollywood tries doing a cheap surrealist movie

just watch authentic surrealist films. possession (1981) is similar in a lot of ways to under the skin.

Scottish myself and I'm torn on how I felt with the accent overall it's just so fucking harsh sounding in the film, although I read the guys they got didn't know it was being filmed.

She'll might redeem herself with Ghost in the Shell but I have a feeling that she won't.

Perfectly unnerving movie. One of the best movies of the last few years.

Why are her knees crippled like that?

this is the better skinkino

I don't know what do you mean by "boring" exactly. It's not supposed to be an action film after all. I thought it was a rather unique concept that kept me engaged.

i almost started crying when the old man picked up scarlett and carried her across that big pond
don't even know why it was such a weird response like i was a pregnant woman

Genuinely thought it was great, was at the edge of my seat for a lot of it, I'm at a loss for why a lot of people feel it was boring, it was tense as fuck.

Probably the best movie I've seen on the past 10 years. Not even kidding. But yeah it's one of those movies you love or hate.

i loved it so much.

i don't need more reasons to hate stranger things, but the everpresent fuck-you plagiarism of key visuals from superior sources makes me rage like the pleb-patrician combo i trained myself to become.

under the skin soundtrack:

youtube.com/watch?v=45jDQCtWZDo&list=PL6iImCSabKsBw9yc6MMYo_uZHaCxKeHjo&index=1&spfreload=5

>Just back from first viewing and I'm genuinely considering a 2nd run
What is with this wording? Do you have a personal theater or something? The film came out in 2013.

This was legit fucked up, I loved it.

I honestly chat stop thinking about it since the credits rolled. I'm close to putting it in my top movies of all time.

Any other recommendations like this ?

Answer my question first please.

Stumbled upon it on Netflix who gives a fuck if it was out 4 years ago ?

Not like it had big budget advertising

Scarjo doing a pepe

I'm glad this film is getting some positive recognision here.

Totally agree. It's my only 10/10 of this decade so far. The Master comes close but that's it.

>Any other recommendations like this ?
Do you mean by style or storywise? There aren't many films like this but Cronenberg films have a somewhat similar creepy atmosphere in my opinion.

Unironically this. It took the concept "show instead of tell" and tried to sustain a 2 hour movie from it.

The music was really good at being spooky though.

>this soundtrack
>just a guitar with a bunch of pedals having a pick grinding against the strings

top kek can i have a career in hollywood now ive been doing that since i was 17

Anyone who says they liked this is a complete idiot and is trolling. Its one of those kids who knows its shit but says they like it to be different.

One of the dumbest most pretentious pieces of shit in film history.

only good scenes were the intro and the harvesting scene

everything else was far too long and drawn out under the guise of being "meditative"

feel free to tell me to go watch transformers or something

That underwater scene

Can't remember the last time I had chills like that

Well first off what the fuck because it is not on Netflix.

Second, "back from first viewing" makes it sound like you went to the theater. You generally don't leave your house to watch movies.

Saw this in a theater in Boston during its limited theatrical release. The audience was me and two other people. It was incredibly atmospheric. The sound design and cinematography were all excellent and part of the experience. It was disorienting as fuck. Great theater going experience. Shame more people didn't get to experience it on the big screen.

I liked it but I would have liked it more if the scenes where she captures them in the water were shot literally. I guess it was supposed to be an artistic interpretation of whatever really happened and it was neat but it took me out of the film.

This twat for real ?

List one of your favourite movies I'm curious

that story is baloney. there were like 2 people who were asked for directions

the ones who got in the car were obviously actors because they get naked and go to an all black sound stage.

and yeah she probably fell on a real street with real people but there were massive cameras all around so people were probably tipped off.

when they got in the car there was a crew that told them what was going on

what? they pretty pretty literal. She ensares them then something about the ensare fluid sucks the meat out of them then they literally show meat on a conveyor belt. Did they need to have the guys hooked up to massive tubes in their asses sucking out their organs?

It's on the EU Netflix not sure about NA.

and they just happened to be good actors too? c'mon man use your head

I don't usually get freaked out when I'm just watching films in my room, but that underwater scene where the first guy just crunches up like paper, that freaked me out.

The only other time i was genuinely scared watching a film in my room was that fucked up face in Inland Empire, fuck that.

I will admit there was some downtime here and there perhaps about 15 mins total but overall it was pretty solid

I don't understand then. They go into this old building and suddenly they are in a massive black space with a huge pool of liquid. Are you saying this was a literal place they constructed inside this building? And why would they do that

I heard rumours that this was filmed by just having Scarlett drive around town picking up the local Johns.

it's a space ship disguised as a building

It was alien technology, end of story. There's nothing to understand.

Watch this short video if you actually wanna know
youtube.com/watch?v=vNKfTVgLLYA

READ THE BOOK

Absolutely phenomenal movie, literally one of the best of the decade.

Totally engrossing and entertaining whilst thought provoking and shocking. It is a complete movie

Was this made clear in the movie or is that just an interpretation?

It's completely irrelevant how the harvester worked regarding to the actual plot of this movie, therefore your questions are pointless and dumb.

How good is it? I got it on my list already, but depending on your comment I might read it next or in the next 5 years.

Go fuck yourself. If it's not relevant then it wouldn't be part of the movie.

Anyone got a webm of this dude dancing?

Yes and that is why it isn't.

It's pretty good, unique film.

>Mica Levi was nominated for Jackie but not for this
Fucking Academy niggers
youtube.com/watch?v=Z_Cc20I-maM

the idea is that it is most likely technology beyond our understanding. This is probably the best non-hokey way they could have done it

this looked waaay cooler and more interesting than just having a person hooked up to a harvester.

You're a fuckiing retard friendo

It did look very cool and the scenes where the people were dissolving were creepy as hell

I thought it was brilliantl. The film is great at leaving a lot to the imagination, in order to cause a truly alien atmosphere. You don't really know what the aliens perceive, or even if they concieve existence in the same way... contrasted with the grim view it shows us of human day to day. It's really something special.

mfw I loved it

had no idea /tv hates it

>scarjos jiggly titties in the beginning

wew

>people thought this was good

>a movie where you can literally fast forward through 4x speed and not skip a beat on the plot

You should watch a Tarr flick sometime

Sup Forums liked it until this place became he man woman haters club

Sup Forums hates it for some reason.
I myself haven't seen it but am looking forward to it as it seems like my cup of tea.
I don't watch movies at the time though.
I'm just here to tell everyone to watch Ex Drummer (which is free on youtube with english subs right now!)

Then the movie succeeded. The whole point was to portray an alien perspective, both of our world and the limited POV that we would have of their world.

Fuck off shill

How great was skull island though???

I'm not shilling. I'm saving this shitty board full of Power Rangers and Star Wars fans who enjoy comic book movies.

It's ok there's a lot more detail than the film and you learn more about the aliens.

Fuck off shill

It was a beautiful film op

Those must be stunt legs

Both were great. Very different movie though, really no need to compare.

Skinkino

Those are ScarJo's feet
I know ScarJo's feet

>shill
does this word have any meaning now or is just something dumb to shout at people when you have no argument

Truly God tier feet

sup shill

Scarlett looks good in it
if you catch my drift

I liked Her and Lucy better

Good year for her though

Excellent film. Pic related's hanging in my living room.

Glad Glazer gets to make the films he does somehow, which are all strange and unique, Sexy Beast and Birth preceding this.

don't waste time replying, they're just trying to get a raise out of you

really good. slow burn, strong ending, great sound design, great production design on the black liquid / skinning / meat troughs / etc.

i can see why it's polarising though. it's not for everyone and it's not a masterpiece, just very good if you like the vibe and don't go into it with wildly different expectations about what it is

>She'll might redeem herself with Ghost in the Shell but I have a feeling that she won't.
really going out on a limb there

it's one of those lazily written movies where you have to read to book to understand it

see

>poor alium hotty just wanted 2 b human

That's pretty sleek

I'm curious are his other films like this ? Just finished watching it for a second time and it was just as good if not better.

This film man.....

>can i have a career in hollywood now ive been doing that since i was 17
Have you actually tried?

literally
>pretentious: the flick

fuck this shit

It's brilliant. It makes the source novel look like some severely dumb shit.

a real film feel and looks great

Only in that they're strange and unfold slowly.

Sexy Beast is about a mad gangster confronting a stooge who retired. Birth is about a woman who thinks her dead hisnand is reincarnated in a child.

The ultimate pleb filter