T
E
R
Y

settle down hot head

>Another movie wins the award
>Movie about a black guy steals it
POTTERY

I seriously don't know how it won, I know for a fact that 5 billion less watched this than 12 years a slave, which was a better movie actually. That had Brad Pitt.

>get blown out
>spew memes
pottery

>Black guy has five minutes of screen time
>Wins best supporting actor

You can't make this shit up.

You would have cried if a fucking movie about people dancing won too. You're just more mad that it's about black people.

>Brokeback Miami
>Good

first post best post

>the throwback musical about hollywood doesn't win
>the movie about a gay black person does
>Sup Forums thinks this is normal

what

Yeah and Crash won Best Picture too.

>Make a black movie
>also make it a gay movie as well
>???????
>Oscar

idk what people found so appealing about this film. felt like i was watching some indie shit made by a couple of college kids in their spare time

>implying 99% of movies that get nominated for best picture weren't planned to be oscar bait

even the studios know when they decide when to release the movie

>memes
>memes
>memes

this

You re racist and probably a trump supporter

/thread

To be fair he was the only good part of the whole movie

OP completely BTFO

I agree, which is why it sucks that his role was so small. I mainly watched it for him.

you funny

Chair scene though

I haven't seen this movie yet, but that guy really is a great actor. He singlehandedly made "Luke Cage" seem like a good show until they killed off his character

Do you sell drugs?

>Oscarbait
>didn't release in November or December

You're new at this.

Honestly they could've made the whole movie (or at least the first two acts) about how he cared for Chiron but was also selling drugs to his mom. But instead they spend 2 minutes bringing up that conflict and then Juan is out of the movie so we can focus on Chiron getting a handy.

fucking retarded tbqh

was it just about gay niggas being gay or was there an interesting plot too? didn't watch

There was hardly any plot. Just random scenes from the dude's life that never went anywhere.

Normie

There was barely any gay stuff in the movie. Just one short handjob scene in the middle and one at the end.

>Next year 2018
>Oscar for Best Film goes to a gay-trans-musical-immigrant love story flic

Independent A24 movies aren't Oscar-bait. Moonlight was lucky enough to be released during a shitty year.

>Just one short handjob scene in the middle and one at the end.

Was there a happy ending?