Women in the Military

I made the decision to join the Navy today, and started doing some research on stuff like uniform insignias, benefits, etc. When I looked for articles describing basic training, however, I found this. Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1JgqePjhgfg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are you trying to verify something about what she said?
In the army, you can only get promoted (past E4) basically if theres an opening.
In the navy you only have to pass tests.

What questions do you have, OP?
Navy basic training is a fucking joke.
She's probably going to be a whore.
You make rank quicker if you have a little philipino in you.
What do you want to do?

Not quite, you make E-1-3 with time in, you can literally make E-3 in bootcamp as long as you're in shape and have a very nominal amount of military knowledge.
E-4 and up is eval and test based.

No. The point is, she talked about having more motivation than male recruits and women never having to face combat in the same paragraph.

>mfw a female plans on passing BUD/S!
>50% men fail, and they're STAR ATHLETES!

Dont join the Navy if you dislike the ocean.

You've got to be incredibly retarded to never make E4, which is the terminal lance, before finishing your first four years though.

Also
>Eval and test based
Cutting scores are fucking retarded, don't fall for this stupid fucking meme

Not true, almost every female I have met has zero drive. Females are dirt bags and I hate 98 percent of them.
You're likely to encounter the best guys who are in the fields who get closest to combat like greenside HMs, GMs and special warfare.
Honestly my biggest regret joining the navy was that it wasn't the army that I had joined instead.
and this

Some rates its a bit harder, HMs have like a 12 percent advancement rate.
I'm picking up though, but overall yeah you do have to be fucking retarded not to make third anywhere else.

I actually had a guy on my last boat, who DID NOT KNOW he joined the navy, until his orders came down at the end of boot camp.
Some dumbass PR from NYC.

My questions are:
>What is it really like, since all I've read has been sprinkled with bullshit motivational phrases?
>Does it change your character for better or worse?
>What's the pay like?
I'll probably only make E-2 at best at BC, then. I'm new to military trappings.
I love the ocean.

What makes the Army more appealing to you, personally, than the Navy?

Please explain further
The pay is honestly alright, as long as you aren't an idiot with your money. Don't buy shit you cant afford, but just know most of your costs are covered.
I'd say its honestly changed it for the better, I'm a lot more patient with idiots, but at the same time less tolerant with them.
For me its just a job since I work at a hospital to be honest, but I do take pride of what I do and do my best to volunteer and take collateral duties for my department/command.
Making E-2 in bootcamp is alright, to be fairly honest. If you've got nothing better to do you can make it in DEP and then get E-3 in bootcamp.
What do YOU want to do in the Navy, OP.
Just a bit more pride, but also I really have an interest in armored warfare and army history, but also really wanted to be an HM. I'll likely switch over when I can though to get into armor. Just in general I feel like the navy attracts a lot of the wrong people into the military (less so than the army) the navy and airforce thought to be the safer, easier options attract a lot of people who do it for school, or just for a job with free shit and that pisses me off every time I meet one of them.
Also navy senior enlisted leadership tends to be shit. Authority in rank/Respect to the rank goes up really disproportionately past E-5,E-6 and to E-7.

I'll give you an explanation of my what I mean to do. One moment.

Army has a point system for ranks.
If theres too many e5's in your mos, the points are maxed and you basically have to do everything in order to qualify- which is sometimes literally impossible.
If theres a shortage of e5's for your mos, points are low and all you have to do is show up to the board and you're in.
Navy is pretty lazy, so she's probably correct on that.
But old news for the combat thing, military is now equal kill zone for all combat jobs, so that part is wrong.

Just what I said. When this clown got to the ship, he told us, he was stunned to find out he was in the navy. He thought he had joined the army.
I'm assuming from his low IQ, and propensity to get into trouble, he was most likely ORDERED to join by some judge, to get out of a lengthy jail sentence.
He eventually got kicked out, < than a year later.

Im thinking of trying to attend the naval academy and enlisting as an ensign, that any giod?

I had one good friend in the world. I let him in 2002, when I moved to his town. Hick place, didn't fit in with the redneck majority. Mikel found out I was into the Lord of the Rings stuff, so we bonded pretty quickly. He was always the good guy, and I was always fucking up. He would loan me books my parents couldn't afford, then just tell me to keep him. Didn't smoke, drink, or curse, went to church all the time. He told me he was joining the Navy in 2007, and I told him I was moving to New York. We both left home. One afternoon in May 2008, I got a call from him. His speech was slurred, oftentimes incoherent, but he was telling me he was afraid of the Valium the medical staff on board the Wasp had given him for his seizures. A few days later, my fiancee told me he died in his sleep.
Now, I consider how much time has passed, look at how shitty things are, and how directionless I still am. I wonder what he'd think about my efforts in life so far. Today, I just decided it was time to do something to turn things around, and I was going to finish where he left off to do so in his honor. I don't mind having to face combat, and I've been through several cases of prolonged physical conditioning. The life I'm living now is absolutely pointless.

Guess the joke's on her, then.

>Typos abound; on new phone with auto-correct. Sorry, all.

Academy = commissioning as an officer, not enlisting.
And to get into Annapolis, you'll have to be a Tier 1 student, and an athlete.
Naval academy is HEAVY on math and sciences. It's basically an engineering school.

I was prepared to attend Uni of Illinois in mech engineering, in which its one of the best, so no issue. Easy to rise up after being commissioned?

I'm sure some very, very rare women who just happen to have the physique, mindset and desire to join the military can do it.

Someone like this fine girl. Well known here for being an especially brutish police officer. She beats up artists and homeless and criminals alike. As you can see, she's also huge and quite manish.

This is the sort of "girl" I'm sure would be fine to have in the military. No risk of sexual misconduct either.

Don't. I'm Fucked up for life after the Navy. My cousin was a ranger in the gulf war and later became a jag. We're both alcoholics now.

From an Army perspective (people have told me the Navy is easier, the Marines is harder, etc.) you're just going follow instructions.

Up until you get your actual post.

Depending on what you're doing, if you're in combat, etc. You're either going to have a job and it's going to feel like a job, or you're going to be shooting the shit with other soldiers for the next few years.

My MoS was Aircraft Structural Repair.
Which means I repair aircraft chassis, and basically nothing else. Nothing to do with engines or wiring or anything like that, that's a separate MoS.

Anyways, I got my requested post, which was in Korea, meaning there was no combat in which aircraft could be damaged, and if anything ever went haywire inside a helicopter or something, it wasn't my deal because I just handled the outside metal.

So, I sat on a base for 6 years and got paid to become an alcoholic.

>The life I'm living now is absolutely pointless.
This is why I think I want to be a police officer. I don't know for sure, but I have time to choose.

I'm already an alcoholic, so it evens out.

You'll commission. Going in the academy is very competitive. I didn't have the aptitude in it but highschool me didn't really care.
My sincerest condolences to your friend.
I see what you mean, I mean I can't say the navy won't give you direction, but that direction might not be one you choose.
I wouldn't just limit yourself to the Navy, try and find a field in the military you really have an interest in. I'm a corpsman (medic in the navy), and can tell you just from some of the fuckheads I know that what happened to your friend is rare but does occur because the navy does attract a lot of uneducated fuckheads.
Try and find a field you want to do where you can find meaning and drive. Be involved with your life.
>Easy to rise up after being commissioned?
Thats such a broad question but the short answer is no. Making O-2 is through time anyway.

What did she mean by this?

She's not ever going to be special forces. Ever. I'll be surprised if she winds up making petty officer before she gets out.

Sounds breddy gud either way. Are jobs issued based on prioritizing individual people's strengths? Like, some numbers with retard strength gets stuck with shoveling shit, while the more intelligent, frail guys get stuck in control rooms?I literally prefer the military over being a cop these days. I don't have the temperament to deal with the shit they deal with. Godspeed if you do, user, we need all the help we can get.

Thank you. I have some medical training as a CNA, and I study botany a lot. I'm not entirely sure how that would translate to sea combat, but I wouldn't be averse to flying a plane/jet, either.

>Are jobs issued based on prioritizing individual people's strengths?
No, not unless you join undesignated. You choose from a list of jobs given at MEPS.
I'm worried you might be a bit uninformed, OP.

Im confused as to what it means to commission as an ensign. Does it mean I join the navy, become an ensign and do ensign things? Does it mean I join the navy, do regular things, but if everything goes well become an ensign rapidly?

Though its a little childish, I was thinking of being stationed around Japan, I grew up around a japanese part of the family and as such, can speak pretty good japanese, could you request where to go in the navy? Even if i did get there, would I be circling it on a boat, or on land for most of the time?

That depends. You do have to be ambitious, and as sad as it sounds, there is politics and brown nosing involved.
It's not right, and has no place in the military, but that's the fact.
If you go for a BSME, either at Annapolis, or through ROTC, whatever, you'll end up in main propulsion. You'll start out as a division officer, and after you get all the qual's needed, and IF you stay in after your initial requirement, you'll move up to Dept. Head.
The problem with officers is, the navy likes them to be well rounded, meaning you'll have to some time in OPS(operations), CS(combat systems) etc.
IF you choose to get out after 5 years, you'll have a BSME, 5 years practical experience, and 5 years of mngmt. expericnce

I'm pretty sure the test is the same for every, the ASVAB, PICAT, all that.

It's individual sections of multiple choice questions (math, science, reading, word definitions, mechanical, logic-esque shape puzzles) and they all have their own score which gets added together or averaged out to the final score.

Don't worry about this test at all, I don't know if the minimum score needed is different per branch, but I believe my recruiter said the lowest score you could get was a 32, and I got an 86 even though I essentially guessed on all the math problems Another dude I went in with got a fucking 15, and the average score for other people I talked to was in the 40--50 range.

You'll get a paper that tells you what you scored in each category, which is important because that will determine what MoSs you can choose from.

But than in itself is misleading. Like, I got 30 choices. Based on the way I scored, several were in engineering fields, a few were medical.

What that won't tell you is, if you scored decently, or high, you're then CUT OFF from "lower tier" jobs.

You want to be cook and you scored above a 60? No chance. You're going to be a technician or a repairman and you're just going to have to accept that. That's something I didn't know at the time, but wish I had. I was kind of thinking about become a supply man or something of that nature, but I scored too high for it.

But generally speaking, if you don't know what you want to do, but you know it isn't infantry, you'll have a wealth of options unless you're a dummy, in which case you'll most likely be infantry.

That's why I'm asking questions now. I realize the importance of protocol in the military, at least; no problems with taking orders (unless it's "Shoot those Americans!"), not particularly picky about jobs. I've done dogshit labor and register work, alike, and smiled about it. I intend to speak with a recruiter about the jobs thing, but wanted more personal, detailed answers from Sup Forums, since this is where I get most of my military knowledge from.

join the air force instead

>I made the decision to join the Navy today,
how many dicks an hour can you suck?

The airforce is almost as much of a joke as the coast guard, man.
It's got the highest number of women and the least intensive training.

You might as well just go to college.

some women are suing the M.O.D over here because they hurt themselves marching

Most Corpsmen honestly don't get ship billets unless you're an IDC (independent duty corpsman) or a female. You'd likely get field training and go with the marines after training or after your first rotation at a military hospital.

There are literally zero enlisted sailors who pilot aircraft. You could be part of an aircrew, but in order to be an aviator you must have a degree, get accepted into OCS, and aviation school which is extremely competitive. Do you like construction?
Ensign is a rank, O-1 its the starting point for all newly commissioned officers. You become an ensign after completing college through ROTC or getting your bachelors degree at the navy academy. Alternatively if you're enlisted you can request to go to OCS if you have a bachelor's degree (or higher).
Yes in the Navy, you can request where you want to stationed. They won't always be honored but you can still put your name out there. Chances are good if you want to stay overseas because a lot of sailors don't. There are several ships who's home ports are in Yokuska, Japan. (Which means they are docked there when not on deployments). There are also air stations and other shit going on there. You could also go to okinawa.
Going to japan is kind of shitty right now because all liberty (leaving base) is restricted indefinitely as is alcohol consumption.
The military is basically a 9-5 when you're not on deployments or doing field training.
Whether you'll be on a ship is entirely on your job and command. Most of the sailors I know have never been stationed on a ship (this is because I'm a corpsman and most go to the marines as medics or to naval hospitals).
You should honestly only be an officer if you feel like you're apt to lead. Remember many of the dudes that you'll be in charge of are enlisted and have several more years of experience than you (who wont respect you unless you are good), and then there are the younger enlisted dudes who need your leadership.

I'll be a tech or repairman, then. When I took the GED, I hadn't stepped foot in a classroom in almost a decade, had three hours of sleep, half-drunk, never studied, last in, first out, perfect 99 in two subjects. Math was abysmal, though. I'm comfortable as a tech or repairman.

>GED

I love construction. My dad taught me growing up. It's honest work, at least, and it's familiar.

I know a few former Navy SEALs and they have a lot in common with each other that the dyke in your pic does not.

They were in marathon runner condition when they passed BUDS. They weren't anything like the guys from Predator.

They're leaders. Captains of football teams, the guys that make girls slide off their gooey chairs. That's them.

They all solve problems. One is in IT; designs computer systems for big data or w/e. Another Director of Business Intelligence. Again, something with computers. The third guy is a mechanic, but, hey, mechanics solve problems too.

lel im in this group on fb for soon-to-be ADF recruits and some half abo bitch the other day was saying how she got accepted as a clearance diver in RAN and was waiting to start her training. training for CDs in RAN is legit the hardest training in the whole ADF

western militaries are so keen to get women into the special forces just to be pc man its fucked

>Trying this hard
(You)
Run along, now.

Yeah, I was the same.
I went into the Army at 22, after four years of not going to college, and working shit retail jobs.

I'm pretty sure any tech/engineering MoS training will be around 15 weeks, though (mine was). And that's on top of basic training.

That kind of MoS training isn't anywhere near as physical as boot camp, of course.

is there ever a legitimate reason not to complete high school in US? the poorer the region the easier it is to pass it

Please never join the airforce. I work at a joint base and have met maybe about 4 respectable airmen.
Like I said the Navy can be a great place if you love what you do. Most sailor's can't say that. I enjoy what I do, even though its not what I originally intended. If you can take pride in your work and you don't mind putting yourself out to distinguish yourself among the other junior enlisted.
Maybe consider not getting your info here though, OP. Try browsing /k/, they have military enlistment threads but they're prettty shitty. There are also several online forums and even pages on facebook that have better advice than anyone here.
>I love construction
Check out the Seabees then, they're a great bunch. Over manned rate so advancement kind of sucks, but if you do love what you do then you will have the drive to succeed.

Though you may need a waiver for that GED. Its not disqualifying but the navy is overmanned and so sailors with GEDs tend to get the shit end of the stick.
Consider looking into the Seabees, SH, GM, and FC rates I think you'll like those.
Honestly I think the closer you get to combat arms jobs in the military you find the more outstanding individuals, and then you see all the shitbags and human refuse who choose occupations like in the cooking, quartermastery and supply fields.

>women can't be in combat roles
>imma be a SEAL

How stupid can one get?

>Please never join the airforce
we're full anyway

Full of nu-males and pussies

When I went through MEPS 90% of the airforce people were 18-19 year old girls.

At least most of the navy girls looked like some bad ghetto bitches, but the airforce girls bordered on looking like emo kids and hipsters.

I figured there'd be more than one horror story about muh equality in this thread. Was not disappointed.
Sure is: It was a waste of my fucking time. Hence why I was able to condense 4 years of Jewish lies and history revisionism into roughly an hour, taking a test that's arguably more difficult than final exams. If you want anymore attention, you'll have to leave the basement and get it from your mom.
I already know about the Air Force's reputation. Didn't even halfway consider it. As for the bits on /k/, Seabees, etc., thanks. I'll look into that.

>Sure is: It was a waste of my fucking time. Hence why I was able to condense 4 years of Jewish lies and history revisionism into roughly an hour, taking a test that's arguably more difficult than final exams. If you want anymore attention, you'll have to leave the basement and get it from your mom.

You do understand a GDE is nowhere even close to being equivalent to a high school diploma?

youtube.com/watch?v=1JgqePjhgfg
I think you should definitely look into the seabees.
One of the other more respectable parts of the navy.
Don't disagree with you about navy bitches being nasty. But I also didn't join the military to fuck nasty bitches or be surrounded by them in the airforce. That said I the most attractive girls I see are in the army, and I work at a base with all the branches.

Yeah, there was a cute blasian girl on my base, but she was regularly getting turned inside out by 2--3 dudes every once and a while (a couple of times I even partook).

I wouldn't suggest anyone ever get with an enlisted girl, they usually have problems, if not before they signed-up, then after, after being surrounded by mostly dudes for years on end.

Dont join the Navy bro, just go to College or get a Trade its not worth it.

That shit sounds heroic af, man. They obviously take a good measure of pride in what they do, which you mentioned was important. That's the kind of stuff I find most appealing. They give a shit. It helps that they have a history and microculture of their own.

soldiery is mans work. it always has been and it always will be.

I'm sure actual combat will show these silly cunts a lot more than anyone could tell them. If one of them can hack it, great, but that certainly doesn't mean the majority of them can. That's just being unreasonable.

I got in the 92nd percentile for my ASVABs, I'm moderately in shape and I've been mulling over the decision to enlist with recruiters leaving me a message every week.

Army or Navy?

They really do, thats why I tend to appreciate those who stay closer to the front lines. They build a culture of heroism, and violence. The ones who are cooks, and logistics have their culture of doing civilian jobs.
What do you want to do? Honestly thats what really matters in the military because you make the same.

I don't know. I'm pretty directionless. Hence, asking a bunch of strangers what I should do with an important life decision.

I've always been good with technology, math and science.

Blowing shit up, or piloting drones might be coo'.

It depends on what you want from the military.
If you want the classic bro-tier, non-PC experience of being able to sit around with dudes and talk about the foreign pussy you just slammed, or be racist or talk shit, that's easier to do in the Army. Less women, less easy.

But the Navy is cool, too, I've known a lot of great sailors. It's just a slightly more politically correct branch.

That's the main difference, aside from the overall more sea-focused bent of the Navy, which isn't to say that you can't join the Navy and end up being a sniper or a medic stationed in the desert mountains of Afghanistan with Marines or something.

>Not even considering the Air Force, the branch which is a hundred times more likely to give you an actual marketable skill, the best bases, best quality of life, best deployments and TDYs
>If you're too stupid to realize this, you're probably to fucking stupid to even be in the AF anyway
Nevermind, carry on. Please become a fucking blueberry faggot sailor or a piece of hur-dur cannon fodder

>marketable skill

Like what?
All the MoS's that have literal equivalents in every other branch, but with higher standards of training?

You can be an engineer, a technician, a psychologist, whatever, in every branch, the only difference is the standards to which you must rise, and the Airforce literally has the lowest standards for all their shit.

Ew, don't do drones, nobody will respect you. Even yourself.
Consider Field Artillery, or being a forward observer.
Shut up AFaggot

I have shit vision, and I'd rather go into the Navy and become an engineer if I'm looking for a long-lasting career/job skills.

So, just grunt work? Kinda sucks, was hoping with that score I wouldn't have to hump ammo mags. I kinda wanted to taker it again when they said I was one off from the highest tier, but the mechanical portion bogged me down too much.

One recruiter gave me a spiel about how I could enlist to be a nuclear engineer, but it reeked of bullshit anyways.

>Why would you not rather be a pussy
This isn't about being comfy. It's about being a part of a military.

>chair force
>military

Pick one, faggot. I worked in naval electronic warfare and cryptology for six years, and it set me up to get my ME degree, which turned into an aerospace career. Fuck of with your day camp bullshit, pussy, and leave the military talk to soldiers, sailors, and marines.

OP, you do god's work joining the finest navy on earth. Fair winds and following seas, shipmate.

Of course every branch has some similar MOSs. However, you go Army, you're liable to get dumped into infantry or some shit. They don't give a fuck about developing you as a person. The Air Force has a very small operational side, which is good if you don't want to have your only skill be "good at shooting gunz lol"

Good one. Army, I'm guessing? How much do you hate your life as a know-nothing grunt? Or did they kick you out after you did your 4 years, after you broke your body, for peanuts?

>Navy

drowning for Israel

Feels good, man. This is the most I've anticipated anything for a long time.

No, no, that's not what I meant.
You can do essentially whatever you want with a high score in either branch, I just meant the quality of day-to-day life, which trumps most jobs you'll get, because in a non-combat post, if you're any kind of tech or engineer, you're not going to be doing anything related to your job most days, because shit isn't getting fucked up, and you're just going to be hanging around with everyone else on base.

If you are a "grunt" you'd most likely get sent somewhere shitty, like into combat, or into New Jersey.

Scoring high and getting a technical or "rare" MoS in terms of how many there are is the best way to ensure your requested posting is where you'l end up, and most people request places that seem interesting to them for superficial reasons (Asian/Europe) and at that point you're just there with your brothers aside from the occasional day off to fuck up the local city and get trashed.

Your free time, which you would have a lot of, you'd spend playing football or getting a tan or playing playstation or something.

Unless you pick the Navy and end up on a boat, idk how that goes. Probably the same, but without getting to leave on your off time.

Since there seems to be some military bros in this thread, I'd like to ask several shitty, vague questions of you guys.

I'm 19 and going to graduate with a BBA in about year, and was planning on joining the armed forces, probably Marines or Army. I'm in half-decent shape strength wise, but my cardio is a little rough(I can only run about a mile before I feel like dying).

How well would I fare in boot camp, and would I have any chance of making it into special forces? Also, what exactly are the career options like in the military if you're pursuing a combat position? Would I likely just eat a bullet after 5 years or so?

Again, sorry for the vague questions, but I don't have a lot of info on the military besides what those faggot recruiters babble about even though I'm interested.

>leaf

As to be expected.

Honestly, being a nuke in the navy is one of the least bullshit things as far as enlisting into it.
Its like 2 years of difficult schooling, and shit duty but you actually do get certs from it. Probably one of the shittiest jobs though.

DESU marketable skills in the military are a meme. I can give medications, narcotics, start invasive devices, even assist in surgery and am trained as an EMT but have zero certificates. It would just be an edge after I get out and IF I decide to continue medicine.
Grunt work isn't so bad, as the saying goes: Embrace the suck. You'll deal with some of the shittiest times but with the best people.
Navy, but I love what I do, especially since I don't turn knobs on aircraft in air conditioned hangars.

This was more than likely written by a man for fun.

>get dumped into infantry

Literally the only way to get into infantry is to request it enough times or to score so trash on the ASVAB that you can't do anything else.

Do you think the hundreds of Army bases around the world are filled with thousands of infantrymen? In like, Italy? Or Japan?

We're only fighting a war in one region of the world, and the Army is also in every other region.

>To truly have been in the military, you need to break your body
Nice meme, dipshit. Enjoy your sub-100 IQ

>Chair force
Wow, so original
I'm not done laughing over how you think you're so hardcore because you were enlisted (lel) in the fucking Navy as, essentially, a computer geek. You have NO place to make fun of the Air Force.

This thread... kek

I sure hope so.

>leaf
>knowing anything about a military

It should feel that way. You're joining the oldest fighting force in the country, and it will set you up for life if you do it right. I haven't read these whole thread, did you say what you'll be doing?

If you have any questions that are unanswered, let me know. I served 03-09, so it's been a minute, but I'm happy to share my stories and tell you what I know.

Boot camp is 9 1/2 weeks for the Army, less for the Navy.

They work your ass hard the whole time, and do the physical tests at the end. People go in fat as fuck and/or lazy as shit and come out the other side fine.

And now recruiters (at least for the Army) do a mandatory weekly training session with recruits once all the MEPS shit is said and done and the only thing between the recruit and boot camp is a few weeks/months. In that training they make you do the sit-ups, push-ups, and the running (which is what you'll be "tested" on at the end of Basic), which is great for nothing else if not showing you what you'll need to be able to do.

Also if you end up seeing a ton of combat, you can make serious bank once you're out doing private security work. But that's also darker shit.

>I made the decision to join the Navy today

Why would you defend a feminist shithole like America?

Buddy in college had a 3.9 in astrophysics, got non-vol'd to infantry. An anecdote, but still. If not infantry, it's some other worthless MOS... supply, vehicle ops, etc etc.

Just because you don't have anyone to make sandwiches for, doesn't mean you're fit for the navy.
>Stop being a faggot and find a husband

Definitely work on your cardio because all of the fitness tests require you run well over a mile, except airforce. Be sure to focus on your general shape too.
Don't go marines though (unless you really really want to), you don't get a say in what you do, and advancement sucks. Also the marines don't have a lot of special forces. To be in special forces you need to be a top tier athlete, not like a body builder but someone who can run, swim and carry shit for miles and days. Also strong leadership traits are pretty important. While injury is possible no matter what field you choose, death is pretty unlikely. If you're overly concerned about being a casualty though I wouldn't be. Especially if you're infantry or SF, because then you'll have other guys to help you too.
But yeah bootcamp is honestly the easiest part of being in the military. Graduating bootcamp is like the equivalent of an xbox achievement.

Alright, fair enough. Thanks for taking the time to type all that out.

I'll mull it over, talk to some of the personnel in the family and get their opinions too. Giving myself till the end of the month.

If you can only run a mile you have no hope for making special forces. Work on that. I was running 4-5 miles per day 5-6 days a week going into boot camp.

Also, if you are dead set on seeing combat, consider the French Foreign Legion. The U.S. military is not going to see widescale combat again for quite a while, so unless you actually do make it into spec ops you are going to do nothing but train for 4 years and never get to put that training into practical effect, which will frustrating as hell, believe me. The FFL is always deployed to Africa fixing some shitty situation that the nigs get themselves into. The FFL is your best bet for actually seeing combat these days. Also, they still ban women.

Air Force and Navy have practically identical fitness tests. 1.5 miles of running for both. Army (last I checked) is 2 mi. Marines 3.

Don't listen to people who don't fucking know what they're talking about, OP.

Navy bro, is there a way I could get in as an asthmatic? I have it under control and it hasn't bothered me for years but I heard is a dis qualifier but I hear that people with asthma enlist all the time.

I wanted to be supply, senpai, but I scored too high and couldn't.

You have to fuck up to get forced into an MoS against your will. Sounds like he must've failed secondary training and then been at the mercy of "The Needs of the Army".

Lol, jesus christ, you sound like the biggest pussy alive.
>but muh broken bawdy
>but muh superior intellects
Literally no one here is buying that shit. If you were half as intelligent as you're trying to convey, you'd have known better than to admit which branch you're in. Air Force's rep is so terrible, even total civilians know to avoid you faggots. You should go to /po/, I hear they like fragile little white things.

Unlike you wannabe faggots, we actually deploy to do our jobs. You might as well have played CoD for all the actual "military experience" you got. Rather than picking the easy, comfy branch to get some bennies after 4 years of camp, the real men work hard and earn their stripes.

You wouldn't last a week on a carrier, let alone a deployment. Like I said, let the men talk ITT, you have no place here.

> asthma sufferer here.

Don't mention it to ANYONE.
It's best that way if you really want to get it. Had my doc at meps say is it really a problem with that face saying 'tell me its not a problem and your good to go sonny