What happened?

What happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com.au/billions-in-tax-dollars-subsidize-the-junk-food-industry-2012-7
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Freedom happened.

corn syrup

were they less free 20 years ago

welfare happened

This
Notice how the fad is always anti-gluten, anti-fat, anti-cholesterol, anti-refined sugars, etc. But never anti HFCS?

Can you even be anti corn syrup in the us? Isn't it added to everything

This probably is a huge factor behind it.
We put high fructose corn syrup in everything from sodas to bread.

more mexicans

>bread
Wtf

now you can
lots of people have been waking up to it over the past decade

I wish it were a meme, but it's not

how? fat people here are skinny in freedomland

>People buy bread that contains such ingredients
Scary 2bh

nice try paco
>Mexico ranks the most obese country in the world in adult obesity (as of 2013), and first for childhood obesity with about 4.5 million children diagnosed as such. Mexico passed the United States as the most obese country in the world.

>2013
dude

The Frankenbread is much more common and cheaper than stuff without it.
I mean, we put the stuff in seriously everything. Even things that really have no business having it in them.
>e.g. salad dressing, lunch meat, pickles.

Does it all taste too sweet?
>mfw

But why?

>in america normal bread tastes sweet instead of salty

nigga what pickles are you getting that have sugar added to them
also I can't find any deli meats that have high fructose corn syrup added to them. closest are honey hams that have, surprise surprise, honey
and I'm not looking at fancy shit. I'm looking at the popular brands Vlasic and Hillshire Farms

t b h it's pretty much a worldwide thing
Da world is getting fadder

Some things do, some don't

closest reason I could find is that sugar prices went up a while back, so people used corn syrup instead.

Eh, it's not sweet, but you can definitely tell the difference.

Sweet gherkins and bread and butter pickles are sweet.
Hillshire Farms is nice stuff as far as I know.
>MALTRINĀ® maltodextrins and corn syrup solids are part of the moisture management approach used in the formulation and production of processed meat and poultry products.

junk food is tasty and cheap !! Burgers combo in USA are like 1 for 1$, here is like 1 for 5$

aaaaaaaaaaj

that looks like it's actually butter flavored syrup (aka fake maple syrup) but someone photoshopped syrup to read butter

shut up

My dad made american pancakes and bought what i thought was maple syrup.
Turn out it was maple flavoured pancake syrup from Minnesota.

noice

FREEDOM

>burgerclaps rioted and stood in USSR-tier waiting lines for this

Check the WHO, even Australia is fatter than Mexico

wew

fast food and cars

thing is for us and probably you too what we consider fat is nowhere near what is fat in America
there's plenty of people here that carry too much weight and just scrape in as obese, but I've never seen a lardass like what you get in burgerstan

It feels pretty good that the rest of the world can't stop thinking about us

bad

it's actually crazy, a lot of the bread they eat there would be legally classed as confectionary in Australia because of their sugar content

Obesity is determined by bmi, you dumb criminal cunt

why is Colorado the only one not fat as fuck?

Eat shit you dumb bogan cunt

>y-you're just measuring wrong

is the classic angloshit defense

a lot of uncalled aggression, maybe you should go easy on that sugar sweetie its not good for your temper

That would actually be you my Amerilard friend.

excellent

>insult ausfalian bogan
>sheep shagger shows up
Like fucking clockwork

there is actually a lot of products that say they don't have hfcs. But the fact that has to be said is amazing

FREESM FREESM FREESM

but why? cheaper? create addiction? used to dumb people down so jews can dictate law?

It does. But they're all used to it.
It's just like drinking coca-cola or other garbage high on sugar. If you're drinking it everyday - you don't feel the sweetness, you brain has been numbed.

Give it up for 3 months and take a sip - you'll spit it out.

Constant consumption of corn syrup is what keeps american consumming it. Constant exposure numbs them and they don't notice it.

does healthy normal food without this shit cost much more?
I thought only really poor trash ate like this

I cook most of my meals from scratch and bake my own bread, so I rarely consume corn syrup. Cooincidentally I'm possibly the thinnest person at my job.

>he has to cook bread in order to avoid corn syrup
that's like comic book tier, the corn syrup dystopia

Americans also still use olestra in their favourite chip brands like Doritos, Pringles, and Lays. Olestra is banned in Canada and the EU because it is known to cause anal leakage and excessive weight gain.

its just evolution. entire world is getting fatter, animals too. its just nature.

SU-SUPER SI-SIZE!

god bles Amerig- I mean the Nederlands :DDD

>criminal
Stop pushing this meme. Your country has more people incarcerated than any other modern nation, so calling anyone else a criminal just makes you look like an ignorant cunt.

To keep a million corn farmers in business.

businessinsider.com.au/billions-in-tax-dollars-subsidize-the-junk-food-industry-2012-7
>Of the $277 billion spent on farm subsidy programs since 1995, about $81.7 billion went to subsidise corn and $26.3 billion went for soybeans. In a sign of the political clout of the biggest producers, 75 per cent of the all those subsidies have gone to just 3.8 per cent of U.S. farmers. In contrast, the government has provided only $637 million for apples or vegetables.

It's no conspiracy that corporations buy and sell governments, or that the government of the USA is incredibly open for corruption. Who are they going to listen to, Joe Shmoe or a multibillion dollar lobbying front?

what happened in ~2005?

they started calling freedom fries french fries again and people stopped eating them

Honestly this country is a fucking dystopia. Like a great tumor upon the earth.

The jew

why are people always screaming about moral degeneracy? This is 100x worse.

Well of course it's more expensive.
Corn syrup works as a filler so you can use less more expensive ingredients for the same weight of the end result.
And because sweet dominates everything else you can get away with something that would normally taste horrible

That makes sense. So many people have shit lives and they need something enjoyable to give them a pick-me-up.