What was the point of this movie? What was the message here?

What was the point of this movie? What was the message here?

not all movies have messages like some saturday afternoon special on PBS, retard

the message is more overt than 90% of films you may have autism OP

the point is how the economy pushes news orgs to cover bs

If you want to win the lottery, you have to make the money to buy the ticket!

Basement dwellers will never understand.

a capitalist society encourages and rewards sleazy behavior, jakey boy is capitalisms endgame

A hyper-competitive economy breeds & rewards sociopaths.

I didn't feel like I gleaned any sort of message from it. It just felt like a look into the life of a demented man trying to find his place in the world. Although I felt like it showed the thin lines between being an observer and an active participant in violence.

If you wanted to win the lottery you haved to earn the money to buy the ticket.

What diden't you understood?

Yes comrade. With glorious communism nobody ever does anything underhanded

>there are only two options, pick one even if you hate them both

Rene Russo will do some things if you put her under pressure. Important lesson.

The message was that Jake Gyllenhaal is a hack who plays overracted wide-eyed, smiling creep in every movie and that Sup Forums has no taste.

Dont believe the (((news)))

It's a film about pathologically internalising normative rules which you're supposed to accept but nonetheless be ironically detached from.

In other words, the main character is a reflection of what an individual would look like if one were to truly follow and believe in the demands of society.

Jake Gyllenhaal has an ugly face which is usually overlooked because he is often in good shape for his roles. When he plays a scrawny character it becomes apparent how disgusting his mole-ridden face actually is. Potato nose, massive forehead, lips that look like a fucking armpit. An all round ugly face that inspires mistrust and suspicion. He looks like your average rapist or the coworker who never showers and is always talking about baseball. Oh and have I mentioned his moles that will inevitably become cancer one day. Jut try farting one day. Sniff your fart and picture Jake Gyllenhaal's face staring at you. Doesn't it fit the smell perfectly? He has a very Russell Brand kind of vibe going on. Utterly disgusting.

Good thing he is wealthy or he would be one miserable man and most definitely a permavirgin (and for all the wizards out there no, prostitutes don't count).

It's just a movie about a physcopathic streetwise LA native that stumbled into the world of freelance journalism by chance and starts doing a bunch of fucked up shit to make a few dollars.

name one (1) better option

Businesses are naturally sociopathic. Jake is the embodiment of capitalist market actors.

A new idea which builds on the strengths & successes of past systems, and corrects the flaws which led to the inevitable corruption & failure of those systems. Like capitalism & communism both were, when people developed them as improvements on previous ideas which had corrupted and failed.

>capitalism
>failure

Fascism

I like the implication that communism has any successful components

An autistocracy governed by a Circle of Elders, each specializing in one unique ability and fighting technique.

this tbqh. only women and homosexuals oppose fascism

Not him, but I would say "failings" would be more correct "failure". Capitalism as a form of social and property organization definitely has drawbacks.

This question is the most ridiculous thing someone that watched any movie could ask. Seriously, how can someone be so dense?

Well now to be fair, cars manufactured in the Soviet Union were actually quite sturdy and reliable desu

An argument could also be made that communism is preferable to capitalism in that communism is more straightforward in its destruction of society, whereas capitalism is more insidious and destroys a society over many generations through cultural decay.

Ultimately, both ideologies are Jewish scams and funded by the same people.

>overracted
love this buzzword

Kek wills fascism

>both ideologies are Jewish scams and funded by the same people.

Daily reminder that jake literally did nothing wrong, this is what human nature is you cuck plebs

What's the point of your existence, OP?

The fourth political theory

It was a character study about an impulsive socio/psychopath. Not everything has some deep message. The movie was about the characters and visuals, much like his actual rise to success, he manipulated characters and perfected his visual craft.

This

>movie was all a dream

turned it off at that point desu

learn to negotiate and git gud

Socially awkward people can excel in any profession if they put their heart, mind and soul into it and also cut the break lines of a competing news stringer as well as blackmail their boss into having sex with them as well as stage crime scenes in order to achieve a better shot and get your partner killed because he was trying to extort you for more money.

That's what it taught me

That if you're ugly women are justified in being disgusted if you ask them to sleep with you

"be savage"

Some people are naturally winners

The director himself considers Lou a success story. Whether or not you agree with his methods it can't be denied that he turned out a success.

The MSM are blood merchants.

Basically this.

>Hard work pays off

How did you miss that, OP?

These are it. Not so much that only sociopaths can thrive in these large cut throat businesses but that they create an environment perfectly suited for them and that success practically demands that you step on people. It's all fake and you end up with people like Lou in positions of power. See all his self help crap where he essentially reads on how to bend people to his will and manage (control) people.

This is only considered a "critique" on capitalism because it never shows the part where all the shit he did catches up with him. The way he was acting was simply unsustainable. May as well make a movie about a guy that raids the rations depot in Soviet Russia and call it a "critique" of communism (although I think in that case it actually works).

what about prisoners
what about zodiac
what about october sky
what prince of persia
even in donnie darko he didnt play that much of a creep
we are talking about the same actor right?

are you ok?

The message is that capitalism is what breeds psychopaths and allows them to thrive. Its a dumb message but that is the message.

Everything has a message because it's impossible to make something without meaning whether it's done subconsciously or not.

It showed the inherent problems with something as essential as news being treated as a commercial enterprise and the kind of people who take advantageof it.

What?

The important question is, did he fuck the mature woman and did he like it.

Voyeurism of the media and its moral bankruptcy

>sociopaths
>psychopaths
He was neither. Lou was just a normal guy doing his best to get by. I really related to his struggle.

A horror movie about what psychopaths in real life are actually like and how fucked the news has become. The fact he is so successful is more of a thematic twist of the knife than a wholly separate theme. I wondered if the blatant reinforcement of his generation (talks about how he knows all that stuff his parents told him is a lie + milf fetishism) was something as well, saying something about Gen X-ers and Millenials

well, d'uh, he did obviously

did you watch the movie with your ass?

They didn't show any sex, they only implied it. And implication is not a fact.

IF YOU WANNA WIN THE LOTTERY

>replying to contrarian redditors

sad!

It dealt about what you saw, the morality on media and such men as Lou, but it never fully examined it's themes, they were just there.

>I only understand things happened if they happen on-screen, preferably with characters or a voice explaining everything

truly a brainlet and the reason movies are going to shit more and more. kys famalam

He literally deceived his colleague/assistant into getting himself killed to get footage and advance his career. Is that not a huge indicator of a sociopath?

The fact that this thread exists for non-meme reasons despite the movie making this very clear throughout the movie and especially in the last shot makes me understand why mainstream things suck. Some people get overwhelmed by straightforward stuff.

>Ultimately, both ideologies are Jewish scams and funded by the same people
So Hitler was right?

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Well he wasn't wrong