Pence has ‘95 percent’ chance of being Trump’s VP pick

Constitutional lawyer James Bopp, an Indiana delegate to the Republican National Convention who is close the governor, told The Washington Times that Indiana House Speaker Brian C. Bosma, 58, a conservative Republican, had sought advice from him on running for governor.

“He wanted my counsel on what he needed to do to set himself up to run for governor, because he expects Pence to step down as governor in order to be Trump’s running mate,” Mr. Bopp said in an interview.

The Trump election team boosted the Pence speculation Sunday by suddenly adding a campaign rally in Indianapolis to a fundraiser planned for Tuesday featuring Mr. Trump and Mr. Pence.

Several Republicans close to the campaign and to the governor have told The Times over the last 24 hours that they are now convinced it’ll be Mr. Pence.

washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/10/donald-trump-likely-choose-indiana-gov-mike-pence-/

Good pick?

Anyone? This is huuuuuuge news.

As a hoosier, I approve this message.
Also get.

Pence has been labeled as being very anti-gay by the media. Don't you think that will hurt Trump with moderates/independents?

Hey opie.

Does this offset Trump's "NY Values?" will he be able to get more of the religious right?

I think this is good news. Anyone agree or disagree and want to share their thoughts?

>Good pick?

Dont know much past wikipedia about him.

Anti-immigration.

Veteran.

Loves Muh Israel.

Why would James Bopp reveal this? What sort of name is Bopp?

no. all republicans are labelled very ani gay, very racist, very sexist etc. He is a moderate where it counts.

His problem is his support for TPP

Michael Flynn ftw

I fear that it may turn off some of his independent support. Trump has said he supports transgender people using whichever bathroom they prefer and Pence, who implemented the 'anti-gay' religious freedom law, would put Trump in an awkward position.

I'm still hoping it will be a woman. It would BTFO the narrative so hard

samefag:

Bopp supported Romney in 2012 and the lawyer who argued in favor of Citizens United, getting it passed as "free speech"-- so he's that fucking asshole. Makes sense why he would out Turmp's pick.

Not in Indiana, everyone here has very high regards for our supreme governor. His anti-gay lagislation is a bit misinterpreted. It wasn't really AGAINST them, it was for of a "Fuck Off with your hippie nonsense " move.

The liberal kike media has labeled Trump as "homophobic" and "transphobic" even if he is literally the most pro-fag candidate of all time (aka the NYC values Rato was dog-whistling about). It's time to stop listening to the filthy jew media and their lies.

That's not too bad of a record. Anti-immigrant just means against illegals these days.

He is a TPP shill like Newt.

Aw shucks, well that's unfortunate.

In all honesty Trump could probably care less whether a man fucks dudes or cuts off his dick and identifies as an attack helicopter. He just wants to MAGA. There's no doubt in my mind that that's actually his motive.

Am I the only one who wants Flynn?

Trump's main weakness is in foreign policy. I think getting a unity ticket with an experienced General Like Flynn who is vehemently anti-Obama is the best way to win in a landslide.

If Trump was smart he'd pick someone who'd gather the moderates/minorities.

Wont matter. Trump is turning more along party lines every day and will continue to do so until he is a mainstream Republican candidate. Him backing a guy who is comparatively anti-gay/trans was inevitable.

Gay Centipede here, if this is true Trump has lost me.

The American Taliban wing of the GOP is a blight on the party and the country. I would not want a religious zealot at the helm of the world's last superpower.

Flynn is objectively the best choice in the VP shortlist.

Flynn or Webb. Anything else will be a disappointment, especially some establishment BS candidate like Gingrich or el Rato.

I feel less like Pence will work behind trump's back to get him shot. Newt is game over.

Joni Ernst is still a possibility apparently.

Indiana isn't supposed to be a swing state though. Trump needs states like Florida, Ohio, and Virginia to win.

That's a fair point, but now the narrative of the liberals may have some truth behind it because of Pence's religious freedom law.

this is problematic as fuck. what is this the 1950's? this is proof of a racist candidacy. donald trump and his white supremacist cabinet. I can't even.

You are not. Most of us want a robust military man.

Can't Recompense the Pence
Can't Fence the Pence
Can't Dispense the Pence
Can't Defence against the Pence
Can't Sense the Pence
Can't Pence the Suspense
Can't Expense the Pence

or my personal favourite:
Can't Condense the Pence

Stop repeating the pandering cuck meme. He's getting more of the Hispanic vote than Romney. Count on it.

You are the blight on the country actually. You're an embarrassment to us before God and our forefathers.

This is a sodomy-free board. Kindly remove yourself.

Excellent. I was hoping for Pence.

Hoosier here. Mike Pence is fucking horrible, and a goddamn shadow of Daniels. He's a retard doing all kinds of autistic shit like fucking up our students with ISTEP (shitty standarized testing, basically the worst example of it and the country) and all kinds of other shit. There's no good reason for him to be the Trump VP either as Indiana is as red as Trump's tomato face.

Fuck thinking about Pence at all makes me RRREEEEEEEEEEEEE

Pence sucks and endorsed Cruz during the primaries. I'll vote for Shillary if Pence is Trump's choice.

The media is going to label anyone he picks with their worn out shaming buzzwords.

It's guaranteed.

None of you notice the plan? Float around multiple people. Earnst, Flynn, Pence - get money - media attention - hype..

You're fucking retarded, dude. There's no proof that that sort of tactic even works, and Trump said he didn't want a gimmick veep.

Trump's position has always been states rights on the issue, which is a polite way of saying "no rights for you." However, he doesn't appear to personally care.

I don't think he is the right guy but it wouldn't affect my vote.

He had to pick someone to rally the Republican base. It's the price for going so hard against the narrative in the primaries.

Good point. Could be neither of the people that have floated around. I am hoping for a VP form the military. If it is not Flynn or Web, then Allen West would be my third choice.

>he thinks Citizen United was a bad decision
You're a liberaltarian aren't you

R A N D
A
N
D

Trump will make Hanna-Barbera real, instead! Weebs BTFO! Make Western Animation Great Again!

YOU GOTTA BELIEVE

mummy should be the vp

>women vote for Hillary solely because she's a woman
>blacks vote for Obama solely because he's black
>doesn't think this same exact logic applies to Trump's VP
You might be the retard here.

Yeah that Palin pick really worked in 2008 didn't it? Don't be a retard. Trump definitely needs to pick a man (probably white, but you could get away with a legit, based minority).

It says on wikipedia that Flynn is a democrat who is pro-choice and ambiguous in his opinion on gay marriage.
Would that not alienate GOP voters? Would he even want to be Trump's VP pick?

Those aren't VPs.

Shit doesn't work for VP choices.

Obummer is also a "community organizer." Ben Carson for example is not, and would not be able to get much black support.

Quit with this "gimmick veep" meme. He wants a functional attack dog.

Reuters is reporting quite a bit about Flynn. Guess it all depends what trump wants more, a politician to do politican things, or a general and hammer down on being tough for national security.

>indiana

stupid, stupid, stupid. doesn't he know we NEED someone from Ohio or Pennsylvania or Florida?? whats indiana gonna get us?

If you want Trump to lose, he should pick either one of them.

No because the VP nor the President have any say on those issues. Mostly these issues are resolved at the Supreme Court level.

All Trump needs to do is emphasize that he will pick conservative judges. That should help recruit the social conservatives on his side.

shit pick.

rand still the best choice.

if trump gets killed they still have to deal with the randal.

>abortion and gay marriage are for the Supreme Court

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Trump Pence 2016

not a huge fan of the sound of that tbqh

Why would they cause Trump to loose? I think a unity ticket would help UNITE the country.

The whole theme of these couple of months is that the country is divided, with a grid-lock Washington. I think with a Unity ticket you can really push the narrative that Trump is the uniter and Shillary the divider.

That is essentially what has been happening for the past couple of years though.

Condi Rice.

>read James Bopp as Bob Bopp
fuck

i'm not surprised

idiots beget other idiots

There's no alienating "true conservatives" when Hillary is on the other ticket

Trump would never get the neocon vote (Krauthammer) in the first place

You have to pick someone that the other party is even more worried about to make assassination and impeachment less of a possibility. There's no reason to impeach Obama because Biden's dumb ass would be president. This is even more important for someone like trump, but it's even harder to find someone the democrats wouldn't rather have as president.

Trump should pick Iron Mike

fuck condi, she's tainted with the stench of dubya and cheney's taint

reminds me of "tuppence"

Yeah, the further to the left Trump can go the less air Hillary has to breathe.

Now if there is a third party to the right of Trump his only chance then will to be a better left candidate than Hillary, which is very possible.

Though he really needs to get the party shit sorted out though so they can start running their ads, and he can run his specialized ads for crooked hillary.

What moderate Democrat is actually going to vote Trump because he picks Flynn or Webb. Seriously.

Definitely, he will seem very backwards to them and it'll hurt Trump's chances.

The only right choice is Gingrich or Rand Paul.

>Pick Flynn
>It's a general
>Has national security experience
>appeals to poor people
>Has foreign policy experience, appeals to republicans
>Is moderate so its not trump alientating voters but the party

too good to be true. to be quite honest family, we fan dream.

Thank you for saying this, was going to say the same thing. Now that Pence fucked education in Indiana, they have one of the largest teacher shortages in the state's history.

I went to high school with his daughter-in-law.

Indianafag here, seconded. It's more of a "don't impose government rules on private businesses" law than a gay-bashing law. I don't know anyone here that wouldn't serve a fucking cake to a gay couple, and I live in a town of 2000 people. They might talk about when they get home like "those gay guys ordered a cake, can you believe that shit?" but they wouldn't be rude to their faces. It'd be impolite.

Except New Castle. That place is methheads trailer trash central.

hahaha wow

Talk to any normal person in Indiana and you'll see what it's about. It's more libritarain than it is anti-gay.

Trumpence 2016

Seriously, what?

that you believe it

No, GOP voters would see a strong military leader and instantly pledge allegiance to team Trump.

Dems/Libs could be persuaded to join the fight because of the General's political alignment.

Flynn is a 100% win.

Kek blesses this.

I'm from here (Indiana). What state are you from?

>army general seeking high political office
just 3rd world things

I wish it was Gowdy
That dude is based as fuck

>Not choosing a woman, nigger or some minority guy as a running mate to please SJW
>Instead, Trump chose a middle aged white man

Now, that's ballsy

Trump literally doesn't care moderates and independents. He presents his views and asks people either vote him or fuck off somewhere lese.

>I have no idea who Dwight Eisenhower or Ulysses S. Grant are

gave up on the Religious Freedom Act without a fight because oh no they threatened boycotts

probably a concern troll when it comes to 'our tone with these wonderful Hispanics'

very likely soft on immigration like the rest of the American ''''right''''

yeah he's cool af until you find out he's one of the biggest open borders agitators in Washington

HA CALLED IT FAGS

FBI insider here, I know exactly who Trump's nominee will be

>anecdotal evidence

indiana is fundie as fuck

rural Hoosier here

most of us genuinely don't like Pence at best, hate him at worst

Mitch Daniels was well-liked by both sides, Pence is not

I don't think this would be good for Trump nationally

Is this that retard who pretended (as does the entire GOP) to be anti-gay to get some extra votes? Good short term strategy, terrible for building a state's economy.

That Trump would pick him is a YUGE red flag for me. Trump needs to pick someone who will MAGA for everyone, no exceptions. Mike Penis doesn't fit that bill, IMHO. Tons of better choices.

Shut your cock sucker, you faggot.

no, he's legit retarded

>indiana
>liked bitch daniels

no

Fuck you dude Indiana here and Mitch Daniels should have run for president. He's based as fuck.

it's gonna be crispy creme

I was a didn't really pay attention to local politics when Daniels was in, but I remember family saying they liked him.

Dodging the question. I'm from Indiana. What state are you from to act like you know how people are here?

James Mattis would have been the ideal. There are no real good picks for VP here. Unfortunately, Trump has to settle for political experience and what the GOP will tolerate. Since he has to deal with Congress as President.

its apparent

>Centipede

Reddit has gay boards, right?

Think of all of the narratives you've heard bashing the "average American," and see if you can work out whether or not they would support it.

What is good about letting corporations spend unlimited money on candidates? It's a horrible fucking thing, and they argued that it was "speech". God awful.