If he was born English, would they have a decent chance of winning the World Cup?

If he was born English, would they have a decent chance of winning the World Cup?

If he was born English, would my Gareth Bale meme finally take off????

unironically yes

No. Even if Messi was born English they wouldn't win the World Cup.

just like Giggs

Makes sense, since Messi has never won the World Cup.

Sterling is better.

jej

Well Argentina arent going to win it with Messi anyway.

>be Wales
>basically England B team
>but every few years you produce a world class winger who cant/wont play for England

The current Bayol ? No

But Bale at 2015/2016 Yes

Does Madrid like to have a token Brit in their team?
>McManaman
>Beckham
>Owen
>Bale
whose next (spoiler: it's Kane)

Brits at Madrid

>McManaman

meh

>Beckham

Failure considering his hype

>Owen

Failure , A Balon D'or winner that is a bench warmer

>Bale

Mixed (Good for two seasons and shit for two seasons)

I wouldn't chose Madrid if I was Kane considering Brits track record at Madrid

>A Balon D'or winner that is a bench warmer
I cant remember if it was at Madrid or an England game but I remember he collapsed and suffered a bad injury mid-run, was never the same after that. As for Beckham, he was 90% hype anyway.

No, because they simply don't have the tactical genius teams like Germany, Italy, Spain, etc have. This is exacerbated by the fact too few English talents at the top teams get the time to gain the experience needed at that level to give them the edge.

Talking about British players at Madrid has made me realise you really dont see many English players in foreign leagues. Almost every other Euro nation has players all over the place.

nigga wales made a semi with a bunch of championship shitters, there are barely any tactics in international football

>Goal kick
>pass to 2nd best player
>hope he passes to 1st best player
>score

Wasn´t that at the 06 WC? Against Trip Advisor and Trivago of all things

Cringe

do you think messi regrets not playing for spain?

Sterling Kane Bale
Lallana Dier Henderson
Rose Stones Smalling Walker
Butland (?)

Honestly even with Bale I can't see them winning, their midfielders just aren't good enough.

Italy doesn't have as many players abroad either, but you wouldn't consider Italy a shit national team historically.

>no Vardy
tell me how I know you don't know shit

Should be something like this

--Kane-Vardy--
Alli-Dier-Wilshere-Sterling
Rose-Keane-Maguire-Walker
----Pickford----

lmao

McManaman is also listed as a club legend on the official Real Madrid website, with his legacy being that of being fondly remembered as "The versatile Englishman", and described as one who "in only four seasons, won the hearts of Madrid's followers. The mixture of his gentlemanly nature both on and off the pitch, combined with teamwork and quality made sure that this Englishman was one of the most loved players by the fans...McManaman's natural position was on the right, but during his time at Real Madrid he played in every midfield position. His ability to change position made him a very versatile player."[139]
t. Wikipedia

forgot Jonathon Woodgate too

In a hypothetical scenario where Bale was English you would seriously start fucking Vardy over him?

The tactic falls down when your 2nd best player gets suspended for the semi final.

See also: Uruguay, 2010

what will he do when the man bun fall out of fashion?

upvoted

Why the fuck isnt there just united kingdom national team?

Wow, green japan

15/16 England would have needed 3 or 4 Bales.

Kemon aso bhaiya, desher bari koi?

>having to use jordan henderson in your national team

The way they defended that wouldn't have mattered anyway.

becuase it would be england + bale and the other countries would whine about muh representation

Ramsey might start too, it's not like England's midfield is full of talent at the moment.