Can we have a thread sincerely discussing Eric Andre? Is he a talentless hack or underrated hack...

Can we have a thread sincerely discussing Eric Andre? Is he a talentless hack or underrated hack? Does he make a living pandering to that "lol so randumb" subset of comedy or is there something profoundly unique about him?

SUP TITTYBOI

I like him

He's pretty great. "Profound" would be a stretch, but he consistently makes me laugh. He's one of those guys that's just naturally funny in the way he delivers a line, and he goes all-out in his physical comedy too

*underrated genius

Holy fucking shit I've never laughed at one of my own mistakes so hard before.

tom green of the 2010's

>naturally funny
I don't know about that. Have you seen his interviews? He falls so fucking short at trying to be funny when outside the context of his own show. Look at his Nardwuar interview for example.

He's played characters on other shows where he's much more toned-down and subtle than on his own show, and still funny. Still a little schticky sometimes, but I think he could make a decent character actor in the right context

Dudes just weird and I find his content somewhat entertaining.

>or is there something profoundly unique about him?

if Andre is Tom Green's successor then who was proto-Tom Green?

>unfunny nigger who copy and pasted tim and eric

Kaufman.

that guy is an insufferable faggot. T&E brand of humor stopped being funny years ago. Its irrelevant.

Where do I start with him?

Nah you were right the first time

Whether it's irrelevant or not is debatable but there's always going to be a niche for this brand of comedy.

I bet your parents said the same thing.

THERE'S A HIDDEN CAMERA THERE

You could say that about anything you dumb fucking fag, it's literally copy and pasted tim and eric shit show for the black community + interviews with B list celebrities

>You could say that about anything
Exactly, which is part of my point. Popular culture is just rehashes of rehashes. Settle down now.

I just watched this and I spent the entire episode repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my sofa for the last 30 minutes it was so painful.

>Ayy quirky post ironic mixed race man lmao
If you liked it you're in the wrong place

siqq burn

he's on 14.8 of his 15 minutes of fame. but there is always a new eric andre every few years.

So pretty much every celebrity that's not a Paul McCartney or a Clint Eastwood only has 15 minutes of fame?

hes not funny and he is definitely lol so randumb cringe

only the ones without talent

There's only so much you can do in presenting your absurdist brand of comedy while still maintaining a conversation.
Not giving a fuck about idiots like you is why Andre does as he does, dismantling your presupposed notions of structured comedy. Tim and eric are obviously heavy influences on his work, and unlike other comedians he actually has the gall to act like an insane clown on the streets.

>I spent the entire episode muttering "this is Reddit, this is memes...."
Wow, pure fucking autism

*tips fedora*

It's a meme copypasta from 2014 during that period where Sup Forums was extremely angsty over reddit.

>I spent the entire episode repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

>so new you can't recognize a pasta that's barely three years old

christ

you fell for the "we don't recognize that pasta", it's the oldest gag in the book, newfag

This