The Matrix

Fences

Gotta go with Interstellar
>tfw didn't watch it in theatres
Biggest regret

Box of Moonlight

Sweet Movie.

John Carpenter's The Thing.

Watched it right after playing RE4 for the first time. That was a fucking great weekend

The Raid in theaters, for sure

Breathless

It's the best the first time.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

fuck man, no movie will ever pass it for me I think

The mist

>Eyes Wide Shut
>The Godfather Part II
>SW:ESB
>"Red wedding"
tbqh

Moon

The fountain

Excellent answer.

LotR trilogy, particularly Fellowship

also Star Wars IV and Terminator II

The Dark Knight Rises

>Hey dude let's try to copy Ryan Gosling: The movie

Moonrise Kingdom tbqh senpai
The first viewing gave me feels that I'll never be able to replicate. I can't pin down precisely what's so special about that movie but it just touched my soul. Unforgettable.

The naked gun

Laughed so hard I cried

The Shining I guess

Or any movie I watched in a hazy period of my life where I'm capable of remembering the large details, but not the smaller ones, so while it feels like I'm watching the movie for the first time I actually know how it's going to pan out

The Sting

inception. i remember going to the theatre with some friends after exams and watching taht shit and we couldnt stop talking about it for the next whole year. i have never been as hype or enjoyed myself in a theatre than when i watched inception. shit was tight. if i could erase my memories of taht just to watch it again for the first time, u best beleive a nigga would

Havent seen any of these besides Inceptiom

the first 2 harry potter movies and the lotr films
the comfy levels will never be reproduced

Godzilla 2014
Movie was ok but the theater experience was awesome and when his back began to light up after he got his kicked shit in was HYPE. AS. FUCK.

Drive

>I'm 17 and my only knowledge of 80s aesthetic and synth soundtracks comes from Drive and video games, also I haven't seen the movie: The Post

I watched the Shining recently and I need something similar, I never thought it would be as good as it was

Recommendation? Ive got this list I've been going through and I'm not sure what to hit up next

Super

Predator had a real mystique to it when I finally got to watch it for the first time.

I'd never really watched anything remotely scary and my nerd parents didn't want me to watch it.

Then it was kino.

Gladiator

I really can't decide on "the one" for me so I'll give 5. This isn't any particular order, just as they come to mind.

Her
28 Weeks Later
The Vanishing On 7th Street
Wreck It Ralph
District 9

>final seconds of the film
>camera slowly approaches the thing
>deadest silence I've ever heard in a movie theater
>closer
>closer
>seats creak as people lean in
>closer
>closer
>ringing noise rises
>gf is squeezing my knee
>Cut to black
>INCEPTION
>mfw
>Entire audience grunts, sighs, breaks out into satisfied chuckles
>One man in the back yells "GOD FUCKING DAMMIT!" and everybody laughs
My opinion on Inception has grown harsher over time, but that was the most unified moment I've ever had in a theater.

It was the most perfect ending I've ever experienced desu. And I don't ever want anyone to try to explain to me what happened. That mystery is what made that movie one of my all time favorites.

One of my favorites along with The Shining.

Drive

Mulholland drive. I went into that movie knowing nothing about the plot so everything kind of came as a surprise and there were a bunch of moments that actually made me feel some emotions while watching it.

>He was alive in the 80's
Hey grandpa

Lost in Translation. The levels of comfyness I achieved lasted me for about 3 months thanks to the soundtrack. God damn was that beautiful.

This
This
And The Fifth Element

The Dark Knight

It was absolute kino

This

Starship Troopers. Last movie I ever watched with my dad. He thought it was terrible. I wish he were still here so I could tell that faggot how much of a motherfucking pleb he is.

Aliens

>mfw haven't seen this for the first time yet

Scent of a Woman and American splendor.

>mfw got to watch it in IMAX alone at a pivotal time in my life

The Fellowship of the Ring
Signs
Shutter Island

meme reply, but inception in the theatre was great

LotR
Forrest Gump

Oh man, watching this film in the IMAX theater in Melbourne (third largest in the world) was an unbeatable experience. Especially that one scene when the space ship leaves Earth's atmosphere, and you've got the Earth filling up the left half of the screen, and the little ship with space in the background on the right. The screen in Melbourne is a square shape, so when the black bars disappeared and the aspect ratio changed, it filled up the entire thing.

Conan The Barbarian 1982.
Changed me.
I like superhero movies and shit like that...but only movies like Conan get to me. The closest thing I've seen to it in years is John Wick

Watch MOON and Starship Troopers.

>The Fifth Element

Fucking this. How has this film been so divisive? Do Americans just not get the humour?

revisit? or no, i still rewatch it quite a bit

You do realize the spinning top was not his totem, right?

The Blair Witch Project

Not a movie but pic related. How I wish I could selectively erase my memory

Suicide Squad

logan

Persona
Me and a friend were watching at home
Movie starts Nice and calm
And for reasons we don't understand we became entranced and terrified
Bergman started to trancend our mental capabilities and general understanding of Life
Film ends
We were not even far from sober
Hands on our heads
Bergman did it

>pretending the Guest was anything other than derivative shlock

you gotta be 18 to vape bro

Children of Men

The usual suspects

A lot of good choices in this thread, most are true. But i wanna go with something more simple - Redline. Literally blew my mind that such level of 2d animation could exist.

>Les Intouchables

That would be Princess Mononoke for me

;_;

The assassination of Jesse James

Oh yes

heat

pulp fiction

Boyhood

Jumanji

that and Millennium Actress too

>watched it for the first time on a fucking plane

man i should watch it again properly

I saw it in IMAX twice and didn't enjoy it a whole lot either time

This and Airplane!

Jurassic park. I can watch it over and over again but seeing that as a kid was something else entirely

ctrl + f "fight club" no matches

cmon Sup Forums you can do better than this.

I hope this is fucking bait. Otherwise you fucking idiots seriously need to get some taste and/or education on film.
That is fucking pathetic.

shut the fuck up faggot

This board is +18. Get the get out underage faggots.

Get some taste or gtfo, dipshit. Anyone who considers shit like Inception, the Fountain or Interstellar the best cinematic experience of their life is either a child or a pathetic person to be pitied.

GODDAMN i cried so much to this movie.
The ending hit me more profoundly than anything before or since has. I just cried and cried for minutes.

I know, exactly same experience in my case - i couldn't believe it. If you want a similar experience watch Giovanni's Island. That one hits hard as well at the end and it's a pretty unknown but good movie.

When Marnie was there, A Letter to Momo and Kaguya Hime Monogatari gave me similar experiences but these are fairly known so you've probably seen them.

Harakiri (1962)

>movie
Fellowship of the Ring

>show
Dexter (mainly season 1)

>video game
The Arkham series.

Good Choice

Silence of the Lambs

YOU ARE NOT SMARTER THAN THE DEVIL, HOMER SIMPSON!

King kong 2005 Christmas day theater filled with all of my cousins

im holding out hope that some war veterans or trauma survivors start funding memory modification research groups so people can delete whatever memories they'd like.

most people would get rid of the trauma but id just delete memory of good tv shows so i can watch them again.

>memory modification research groups so people can delete whatever memories they'd like
Yeah, whatever could go wrong with tech like this in government hands.