Ghostbusters New York Times Review

twitter.com/nytimes/status/752342835630923776

>"Ms. McKinnon makes for a sublime nerd goddess... and in an earlier age, would probably have been sidelined as a sexy, ditsy secretary. Here, she embodies the new "Ghostbusters" at it's best: Girls rule, women are funny, get over it."

>"That the movie stars four women is kind of a gimmick, of couyrse, but it's one that the filmmakers and the excellent cast deepen with real chemistry and emotionally fleshed out performances, particularly from [Who gives a shit], who are playing old-friends-turned-sort-of foes [sic] who need to work some stuff out."

>"They do, which means that 'Ghostbusters' is also a female-friendship movie"

>"Part of what makes Ghostbusters enjoyable is that it allows women to be as simply and uncomplicatedly as men [sic]"

Just make the pain go away...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-c99_Ad62fw
youtube.com/watch?v=2AQ44nPrRTM
youtube.com/watch?v=I7izJggqCoA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The last line was supposed to be "as simply and uncomplicatedly funny* as men"

Jesus Christ look at that shitty grammar and spelling

Someone's trying very hard to make the mundane sound not mundane.

anyone who watches this must be a literal retard. no excuses

>NYT

Not true. They could just be a feminist. Oh, wait...

I saw it last wednesday. It's actually really funny

Chris Hemsworth steals the movie.

Does anyone have the picture showing the similarity between the sheeiiitt guy and the black chick?

I love it when reviewers tell me to like something.

>(((new york times)))

why yall niggas even carin?

Wow, I hate the originals now.

It's actually an improvement and easier to look at. It's a sad sign when nigs are actually uglier than animals

>

imagine the backlash if they said it was shit

>juts turn your brain off

Damage control to Major Tom.

It's certified fresh on Rotten Tomatoes now.

Oh boy.

Obviously. Giving it a bad review is essentially a hate crime.

>"That the movie stars four women is kind of a gimmick, of course"
>four women

I see three women and a black NFL linebacker, wtf

I really dislike the idea of women taking over a franchise instead of making their own and making it great.

so the movie ''''''''''''''review'''''''''''' revolves around the vagina of the protagonists ?

For all reviews. For top critics it's at 50%.

>Girls rule, women are funny, get over it.

What is this Newspeak fucking shit?

>disposable
They certainly got that right

Weren't people expecting utter shit? Like Catwoman levels or something?

>disposable fun
Garbage

It's at 76|64

honestly who gives a fuck what other people think of movies? rotten tomatoes has equilibrium rated at 30%

kekked

Honestly the harder you alt-right faggots cry about something, the more SJWs are going to praise it in mainstream publications just to spite you

See: Mad Max: Fury Road fiasco

Yes. Should probably be below 20% from what critics are saying, along with what that guy that leaked the whole movie a while back said as well.

Only 30? Fuck that shit.

>disposable fun

Anything that can be called "disposable fun" doesn't deserve more than a 7/10 at most

A 7/10, by its very nature, is nothing to write home about

So, just like star wars 9 reviewers, what she's saying is "if you ignore the 'progressive angle,' it was actually pretty predictable and forgettable, but I'm gonna rate it highly because I have to"

>Woman are funny

> review written by a woman named Manohla Dargis

Women can't understand decent film or literature. I'll wait for a review by someone that is competent.

youtube.com/watch?v=-c99_Ad62fw

I liked Mad Max. It was a genuinely good film. I don't have feminists themes in movies, I hate having women for the sake of having women.

>Godfather

>Not Goodfellas

VERBOTEN

>it's a-a lot uh - of enjoyable, d-dis-sposable f-f-fun

I still can't get over how ugly that gorilla is. Could have a decent looking black girl?

they are paying reviews to post these reviews

paul f will lose his job making movies if this doesnt make back all the money he spent

>Girls rule, women are funny, get over it

Boys rule, men are funny, get over it

>REEEEEEEEE SEXIST PIG!!11!!!

I fucking hate them.

>they are paying reviews to post these reviews
take your meds

The difference between this and mad max is that strong womyn could have been switched out for a man and it would have made no difference. The film tries to gain strength by using its all female leads instead of actually making a good film.

Like how the Hill shills try and say that she should be president because it's good for womyn.Trump is right to say that if she were a man her support would be less

>Man On Fire

What is this cuck shit?

>(((disposable fun)))

completely unheard of thanks for clearing that up leaf

>disposable fun

so a "turn off your brain" a.k.a brainwashing movie.

ZIMBABWE!

>See: Mad Max: Fury Road fiasco

>clickbait site go out of their way to try and make gamergate/mra/whatever get pissed at Mad Max so they can have something to write about
>nobody gives a shit, return of kings makes a blog post and that's it
clickbait site still run the story they already decided to run
>narrative still becomes "gamergate/mra/whatever are furious at new Mad Max because they hate women"

The Fury Road "fiasco" didn't do anything other than prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that what happens in reality has no correlation to what news outlets will print.

Americans clap at stand-up comics

The memes are true.

>The "failing" New York Times

>disposable fun
>disposable

Wait, do people in other countries not clap at stand up? That's kinda rude

A fatty. A groid. And two hardened veteran CC riders. What movie is this? "Lock, Stock and Four Wrecked Vaginas"?

Only a woman would use the phrase "disposable fun" as a positive. Everything women enjoy from makeup, jewelry, shoes, fashion trends, gossip, reality tv - all disposable. All forgotten by the following week.

>sublime nerd goddess
wasn't that sigourney weaver's character pretty much in the original.... smmfh

we wait till the end then clap.

based mystery science theater 3000

>4 women
I see three and the lesbian

Saw the movie last week

The irony is that a guy, Chris Hemsworth, is the funniest and most likable person in the movie. He really steals the show.

"Sex and the City: POLTERGEIST"

Ooooh, generally so do we, but if there's a particularly funny joke, there might be an applause break

That's what I've heard. That's interesting considering the article at the end says something like "If only the director could figure out how to put funny men and women in the same movie"

I wonder if that was on purpose... no, surely not

>The Last Samurai
You lost me.

Why not both?

This post really made me think!

You think that's bad?

>The NYT review of "Ghostbusters" : It's "a lot of enjoyable disposable fun"
>disposable

Well at least there's a tiny bit of truth there, even if it's just one word.

I hate it not because of women. You can tell they're trying be what they aren't.

They characters are easily readable, clique.
>The fat white, leader replaces murray
>Probably loses hope in the end but is convinced to carry on and takes charge like the strong woman she is

The blonde
>Muh RUSKI SCIENTIST
>WE meeex chemickl watch as I make ghost go boom

The other white one
>Loses hope in the beginning
>other things outside of Ghostbusters matter more to her but she puts that aside because SHE INDEPENDENT AN SHEIT

Token black
>Probably the nigger from SW7 in disguise

Screen this

You should look at the ratings for (more recent) Adam Sandler movies, it's a funny and sad sight.

Leafs and bongs have a tradition of vaudeville entertainment. So do we, but we developed the modern stand-up in the late 50's/early 60's.

To them it's still an evening at the theater. Comedy rooms began here, and in a room you clap and laugh whenever you fucking feel like it. This is America, after all.

nigga what are you smoking?
where do you see that movie?

Why do the jumpsuits look so fucking cheap? They look like trick-or-treat costumes.

CAUSE I'LL SHOW YOU BAD

now, there's a movie i can get behind.

Audience score will remain dismal, ticket sales and rental sales will guarantee no sequel

>sidelined as a sexy, ditsy secretary.

Instead Chris Hemsworth is being sidelined as a hunky, ditsy secretary.
Well done feminists well done.

I hear Thor is the funniest thing in the film. Female """(((comedians)))""" BTFO by a normal actor.

PRAISE KEK
gona need some luck this week

K. Keep me posted

Praise kek

PRAISE KEK

The 80s had to rely on better practical effects and costumes to make a convincing movie. The best movies came out between the late 70s until the mid 90s desu.

Nowadays movie companies think they can get away with using shitty set designs and costumes if they throw enough CGI shit at it. And they actually do get away with it for the most part, majority of people are plebs that just happily eat shit that is forced on them.

Because instead of buying actual jumpsuits and sewing patches on, they had 40 or so of these "specially designed" costumes mass-produced in Bangladesh.

I don't know user, do you think a movie that has a theme song by America's hottest band Fallout Boy could be bad? You're not some loser MRA, are you?

youtube.com/watch?v=2AQ44nPrRTM

praise kek

PRAISE KEK

Praise kek

Also this movie is a complete turd -_-

>Could have a decent looking black girl?
They dont exist

>Thinking Goodfellas is superior

How does it feel to be absolutely wrong about everything?

>missy eliot
what is this 2003?

>enjoyable, disposable fun
Just like women.

PRAISE KEK

>reply with praise kek
>papyrus font

REEEEEEEEE
SHIT FONT
BAKA

hitchens said it best

>>Christopher Hitchens: Why Women Still Aren't Funny
youtube.com/watch?v=I7izJggqCoA

PRAISE KEK

>women will never understand
>the outsiders
>movie based on novel written by a young woman

movie and book are still based as fuck

You know what? I'd love that movie too. Maybe I'll see it afterall and squint my eyes and pretend.

No it's okay because privulug