Thoughts about this? I liked the movie a lot, up until the end

Thoughts about this? I liked the movie a lot, up until the end.

I usually like me some cheesy omg-aliens eye candy, but here it felt extremely displaced and uncreative. All the way through the film, I expected there to be nothing out of the ordinary going on at the surface. I speculated that the injured woman might be another one of howards victims, and that she might have escaped from another part of the bunker, which would turn out to be much bigger in the end, or something like that.

If you take the whole thing into account it's actually pretty clever, but I expected it to go a different way I guess.

I thought it was excellent. I'm not a great movie critic though, I just personally enjoyed it. It kept me on the edge of my seat and I was also expecting something else on the surface, I loved that it was aliens.

The only thing I didn't like was her reaction to seeing the alien ship, she just said "you gotta be kidding me" or something like that. I understand that her character grew and that she was brave enough to face her fears and what not, but that line really took away from the dread

This would be pure kino if the entire ending where cut out. Seriously, just end it on her escaping the bunker. Don't even show her finding out the air is clean. Just a wide shot of her running away, then fade to black.

I enjoyed it. Like others have said the ending was overdone. Just reveal the alien ship then go to credits. But the tension within the bunker was fantastic, John Goodman hit it out of the park.

Utter shit
3/10

>I liked the movie a lot,

You must be a bitch

How is that better, just because you end up in a suspension idiot

Oh well you used the word kino so I should have assumed you re a retard without reading the rest of the post

little baby must have everything resolved and explained in detail before he can go night night

Ending was fine, reminded me a little of Signs.

I asked how is that better not for your "oh you don't like my opinion so you re a baby" shit you nigger idiot.

It wouldn't be any better because the resolve or lack of it isn't better or worse in its own and you re just a fucking idiot because you think that "Hurr mystery in the end, I could argue with my imaginary friends on vietnamese bokchoy farm forum forever like about the thing lolsoepic" is somehow inherently better than simple but a little unpredictable resolution.

You re a fucking idiot.

Because the ending in which she actually finds out the fat pedo psychopath who held her hostage was actually right makes this movie at least a little bit memorable.

But go on spam more "kino" memewords you dense faggot

So the very last thing, when she decides to turn towards like Houston or wherever

What did they mean by this?

Did it mean she was trusting of people now/still? Since it was the radio that said to do it

Obviously there was some intention of it

holy shit shutup, i hate these threads, they're all exactly the same.

>i loved the movie
>the ending was shit
>they should have cut to credits when she walked out of the bunker XD

okay, cool. see you in a week.

im not even that first guy but you seem mad bud

yep

you're a pleb

This movie takes place in the same universe as Cloverfield?

Well it's no wonder actually even if it's a different person making these threads.

When you live in an echo chamber of opinions and where everyone tries to be different but the same (meming shit like kino kino kino everywhere) the result is that everyone's thought processes align and arrive at similar conclusions.

Therefore fat neckbeards are forever stuck in a loop of saying shit they think are new and smart, while they were said 500 fucking times before.

Fuck you all shitheads in the face

It might seem so because I use a lot of fucking and shiting but that's how Sup Forums made me post after these years, so not necessarily really mad.

And well, you've just proven my point with that pleb. Enjoy.

nah you are seeming mad fade to black mystery would be better

Well okay I've backed my points, you don't at all so why would I discuss it any further my little negroid?

i just think it'd be cooler the alien ending is stupid

>Thoughts about this?

The movie is about false dichotomies.

You roll around in your head whether there really is an attack/poisoned air or whether John Goodman is crazy. Turns out it was both.

Lots of really classic horror/sci-fi are written like twilight zones and explore one literary device or theme.

Whoever wrote this enjoyed a few Twilight Zones in their time.

Also, best sci-fi movie of 2016.

Responses please

Nah it'd be ambiguous garbage pull the trigger my man

whats wrong with it being ambiguous? why does everything have to be explained? pull what trigger?

Even with the questionable ending it's still an enjoyable movie.

>The movie is about false dichotomies
This, and due to it the characters are written retardedly and dont apply any logic to their actions, there are around six million better ways John Goodmans character could have dealt with the situation... not to mention that it completely ruins John Gallaghers character. There is nothing humane about him, hes just a plot device with no personality.

Because it's cliche as fuck

nothings original anymore mate

It was a mildly amusing flick.
Definitely not kino.
The best part, by far, was the gratuitous thigh shots.

The only parts I liked were when mew was looking all confused and uncomfortable

Responses please.

The last scene in the movie is her literally choosing which path to take when she is at a fork in the road.
What did it mean

Throughout the entire movie I just thought it felt like the move of some adventure game. Every time she's in some kind of room and macguyvers something with items in her inventory. I really enjoyed the ending with her in the car because I could just imagine the game going "OH SHIT YOU'RE ALMOST DEAD SUDDENLY 2 NEW ITEMS IN YOUR INVENTORY" and you combine them to beat the game

I liked it. After all the shit she went through, seeing aliens wouldn't be a joy or anything but I can see how it'd be more like another headache for her at that point.

i gota smooch those things