/180/: 2018 WILLIAM HILL WORLD DARTS CHAMPIONSHIP DAY 13

In this World Darts Championship of shocks, the last 8 contains just 3 of the world's top 8 players, with 3 of the losers failing to make it past Christmas. So a special congratulations must go out to Dave Chisnall, Adrian Lewis and Daryl Gurney for being that bad.

The main beneficiary of Snackpot's disaster begins the day's play as Norfolk midget Darren Webster plays Wales' prelim upsetter Jamie Lewis. Demolition Man has made light work of his rivals, only dropping 3 sets to make it to the last 8 and whitewashed Toni Alcinas. Fireball on the other hand has only dropped 2, and proved his defeat of Peter Wright was no fluke by thumping James Richardson by the same scoreline. The other afternoon's match sees two last 8 debutants in breakthrough sensation Rob Cross and dancing Belgian Dimitri Van den Bergh. Voltage cut down big John Henderson yesterday after he'd dumped Superchin out while the World Youth Champion took advantage of a poor Mensur Suljovic and amazingly scrubbed him 4-0. If both play to their best, this could be a remarkable game.

The evening sees years of experience and 25 world titles on display and repeats of matches from the past 3 iterations. Kicking things off is the Dutch derby between Michael van Gerwen and Raymond van Barneveld: this has been contested in 2016 at R3 and last year in their blistering semi. MVG had a Gerwyn Price choke to thank as his underpar performance nearly got punished by the roidlet, while Barney dominated Chizzy's conqueror Vincent van der Voort in some style. Michael added some spice to the tie by saying RVB will never match the 114 average he recorded in the SF, so it should be fun. The other semi is a repeat of the 2015 final between Phil Taylor and Gary Anderson. Pheel looked ominously good at times against Keegan Brown, while Gando struggled past Steve West with a back problem. Nobody wants to see Phil in the semi so please Gary: REMOVE TAYLEL!

Coverage starts at 12:30pm UK time on Sky Sports Darts (SS Arena).

Other urls found in this thread:

pdc.tv/news/2017/12/28/william-hill-world-darts-championship-day-12
pastebin.com/1DM9V54j
youtube.com/watch?v=evjNI_qxGLQ
twitter.com/BarryHearn/status/946056421719846913
dartsdatabase.co.uk/PlayerDetails.aspx?playerKey=17734
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

All matches are best of 9 sets; first to 3 legs in a set.

>Today’s matches (12:30pm start)
Jamie "Rastajobber" Lewis v Darren "Demolition Manlet" Webster (23)
Rob "Danger! Danger! Shit Nickname!" Cross (20) v Dimitri "Twink" Van den Bergh

>Tonight's matches (7:00pm start)
MvGOAuTism (1) v Barney (9)
Taylel (6) v Gary "Big Game Counter" Anderson (3)

>Day 12 roundup
pdc.tv/news/2017/12/28/william-hill-world-darts-championship-day-12

>/180/ starter guide (now updated for 2017!)
pastebin.com/1DM9V54j

>BDO getting wrecked on Twitter by Bazza

#Pray4Gando'sBack

PRAY4GANDO

TAYLORWINSLOL

Well, writing 'The world's biggest unscripted darts tournament with regulation treble beds' doesn't quite have the same ring does it.

I want Taylor to win, because I'll miss him once he's gone.

>still trying to force this woeful meme

PRAY4GANDO

""""""meme"""""""

Enjoy your cornflakes Bazza :^)

>PDC darts is scripted
It's a shit meme, lad.

All tune in for the Phil Taylor documentary on RTL7 1h before the evening session.

It's this one
youtube.com/watch?v=evjNI_qxGLQ

Where's a good stream lads?

Dinnae worry, lads.

>becomes the Scottish Mervyn King

Great news for fans of major final bottlers - Terry Jenkins will return to the PDC Tour next year following his near absence in 2017: twitter.com/BarryHearn/status/946056421719846913

The Bull is currently 41st on the Order of Merit.

>yfw he ruins another major tournament next year

Yay

And we're on now.

Not long til the proper one starts.

>not showing Keegan's 124
Fuck you, Sky.

Taylor: I can make Corey the best player in the world.

wew

Never knew Sharrock played some development tour.

Just saw it. Man what a cocky twat.

Pretty sure Jamie Lewis's dad unlocked my mobile a few years ago.

I'm okay with this.

>they should call him Reggae Reggae Sauce
fuck's sake midget

>Man's not hot

>they should call him Reggae Reggae Sauce

ha ha time for manlet

I like Webster, cheeky lad

any streams?

Is John Part Elite?

THIS GUN'S FOR HIRE
EVEN IF WE'RE JUST DANCING IN THE DARK

I AIN'T NOTHIN' BUT TIRED

Cricfree. Bosscast not working for me at the moment.

Feels like almost every game/player starts with a 180.

Scripted

Premier League mention counter: II

>manlet

If Taylor wins the tournament, it's scripted. 100%

Just saw the translated comments from this, so Taylor is going to rent a house out to Corey and Conehead Kylo and train them to become the MVG-blockers of future darts?

i wonder where jamie lewis is from

if only there was some sort of indicator, some sort of hint, that would give you an idea

Is there a semi final on the afternoon tomorrow?

Final double session today.

Both semis are in the evening.

I wasn't sure if it's already happening or that it's just a wish that Taylor has.

Welsh Lewis absolutely thumping Little Man at the moment.

Manlet Webster bottling it big time

Webster getting done hard at the moment.

he will

he'll ease past gando's dodgy back, lewis will pull an 89 average and MVG will bottle hard

Nailed on for him to """win""" it. All the other matches are just for entertainment and to fill time until the final.

>Wobster

No way do they want Taylor winning it. A whole year of PDC events without the "World Champ."

The dream pay off for Barry is Gerwen vs Taylor in the final with Gerwen winning 7-6 with a nine dart leg.

ITS OGRE

Poor Kyle having to live with Corey.

lel

Quick, come up with some new chants

Jamie Lewis could unironically beat Taylor playing like this.

This is bewildering.

Lewis is wrecking him

Webster feeling the heat of Reggae Reggae Sauce

Webster is fucking done.

Lewis could make it to the semi-finals of the Worlds, and yet still be behind Christo "Fat Mark Lamarr" Reyes in the OoM.

exciting play but another boring game

webster turning up for his pay check.

Been a really weird Worlds in terms of close matches.

There have barely been any.

Reyes is the only player in the top 32 to have never made a PDC ranking final of any sort.

I saw that from Ochepedia, insane stat. It's been, what, three years since Reyes fully announced himself to world darts, and yet I still have no idea if he's any good or just a man who flukes a lucky draw often enough to stay in the top 32.

Were those Lewis' parents in the crowd?

>4-0
BTFO

Yes

The ABSOLUTE STATE of Demolition manlet

Yeah. As with Ryan Giggs, having a Welsh mother seemingly obliterates all black genes in a man.

How the fuck..

dartsdatabase.co.uk/PlayerDetails.aspx?playerKey=17734

Looks to be picking up winnings regularly even if they're nowhere near the final.

Bazza literally wanks off to pictures of taylor at night lad

this is fucking shit

Based

And a lot of the close matches have only been close because a good player is playing like shit so aren't fun to watch. Lewis vs Wright and Smith vs Cross have been the only close high level matches

Only thing he loves more is money and not having the World Champ at all your events is bad for business...

He looked more Asian rather than black

>And a lot of the close matches have only been close because a good player is playing like shit so aren't fun to watch
Cullen-Wattimena was good.

THAT BULL TO BREAK

Didn't Webster miss 200 bulls before this?

COMEBACK ON

DAT BULL
Prepare for manlet rage

>first stream not far behind but starts to go to shit
>new stream works but ages behind

COMEBACK OFF

Lewis looks the real deal

And I'd literally never heard of the cunt or seen him play before this tournament. Mental

The weirdest thing is, Lewis looked nowhere near this good against Neyens nor Clayton.

Webster is fucking raging

I was one of the idiots who watched the PDPA Qualifiers. He absolutely collapsed against Brendan Dolan in the semis and at that point I thought "even if he makes it to Ally Pally, he'll be dumped out by the first remotely decent player he comes across".

That Dolan game was ridiculous.

>5-0
Webster coming up short yet again.

Newbie to darts here, I know the basic rules, but why aren't they going for 180s every time until they get close to finishing?

Midget in bits!

wew

>Wobster

>manlet

kek