Tonight is the day of the rake. Get ready leafs our "loss" to Slovakia was a tatical loss. We are playing 5D chess

Tonight is the day of the rake. Get ready leafs our "loss" to Slovakia was a tatical loss. We are playing 5D chess

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/AskEurope/comments/6ik0i1/how_popular_is_ice_hockey_in_your_country/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=comment_list
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argentina_men's_national_ice_hockey_team
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_professional_sports_leagues_by_revenue
uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2493261.html#/
businessinsider.com/fifa-brazil-world-cup-revenue-2015-3
youtube.com/watch?v=dUCBlGCEWWs
rferl.org/a/russia-hockey-khl-dreams-fade/27011993.html
sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/khl-contract-salaries-highest-paid-datsyuk-radulov-kovalchuk-kontinental-hockey-league/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport_in_Russia
twitter.com/AnonBabble

is this thread about yet another unbelievably unimportant amerimutt """sport"""?
I'm having trouble identifying it with such a vague post.

Buncha soyboy sunbelters wont be able to handle a roofless game. We were raised on outdoor rinks

Back to your favella paco

My guess is the ice fighting one.

I'm not from USA m8

ice hockey is played in a large number of countries - many where it is the second most popular sport - and does not even originate in the US

ignorance is not a virtue, cabecita negra

Is he elite?

>ice hockey is played in a large number of countries
name them

>many where it is the second most popular sport
name them

>and does not even originate in the US
I never said that.

Canada, USA, Sweden, Finland, Czechia, Slovakia, Russia, Belarus, Latvia
t. not him

He doesnt understand the Northern, richer hemisphere

>a large number of countries
>9
kek

can you really not look this information up? for starters, the Scandinavian nations and Finland (minus Denmark), several Central European nations (e.g., Czechia, Slovakia), Russia, and more.

Here: reddit.com/r/AskEurope/comments/6ik0i1/how_popular_is_ice_hockey_in_your_country/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=comment_list

> inb4 hur dur reddit omg - it just came up on Google

check the Olympics sometime maybe

I'm not even an ice hockey fan - I only care about soccer and American football. I just think you don't know what you're talking about.

sorry, not from cess/pol/, so what do they mean by "Day of the Rope"?

Norway, Estonia, Poland, Iceland, Chzech Republic, Austria, Switzerland,...

I think they mean lynching black people

That's a decent number of countries for it to be a #1 or #2 sport. How many sports can claim that? Soccer/football, obviously, and cricket, basketball, baseball, rugby, maybe tennis?

>basketball
>baseball

Maybe 5 each at most.

it's their fantasy of a day when all their enemies will be killed - non-whites, Jews, "SJWs", "commies" and so on

sort of a nacht der langen messer/kristallnacht/last days of disco mega-bash

Point is that only a few sports can claim even that many countries. It's a small group, but our Argentine friend thinks there should only be one sport on planet earth

I think you're underestimating the numbers on both there, btw. Basketball can claim at least a #2 status in more than five countries.

>can you really not look this information up?
yes, but I find like 10 countries at most, and you said "a large number", so please name them.

>the Scandinavian nations and Finland (minus Denmark), several Central European nations (e.g., Czechia, Slovakia), Russia, and more.
you named 6 countries, not to mention that you said "several central european nations", as if there were more than 6 countries there, just to make it sound bigger.

>and more
pls expand, you're not really helping your cause by being a retard that doesn't even know countries.

>check the Olympics sometime maybe
only non-sports and irrelevant as fuck """sports""" have the olympics as their top international competition.

>Estonia
Not really.

The only reason Argies would shit on hockey is because it's tangentially related to America. Notice they aren't shitting on rugby or cricket or something even though just a handful of countries plays it.

See above - it's about ten countries. As I said, not many sports can claim #1/#2 status in that many countries.

Just in general, what are relevant sports to you? How many are there? Why do you want the world of sports to be smaller instead of larger? Isn't that sort of petty?

Has America ever done anything to Argentina? Why do they seeth and shun at the mere mention of USA?

Yup. Must be weird hating a whole nation of 330 million people.

We had complicity in greenlighting and enabling their brutal military dictatorship.

That said, they ignore that this was the product of a few thousand Americans in government, acting in secret, while millions and millions of ordinary (and elite) Argentines were complicit. And then they pull off the mental feat of blaming only the Argentines who were directly involved, while blaming ALL Americans. Their mindset is fascinating.

I was not arguing against that, I was arguing against the fact that 10 countries are not "a large number of countries" like this mongoloid said a reply I got even though I never even mentioned the sports popularity.

see above.
FIFA has more FA members than there are countries in the world, and football is the #1 sport in about 150 countries.
that's a large amount of countries.

ARGENTINA

OUT

All of the posts you're responding to are mine.

As I said, I am primarily a soccer fan - I don't really need to be convinced that it's popular.

But it's the ONLY sport with anywhere near that popularity. No other sport can compare to that reach.

In the next tier down, ice hockey is very firmly established, along with three or four other sports.

Is literally every sport besides soccer "incredibly unimportant"? Can there be only one sport? Isn't that a bit small-minded?

>10 countries that equal ~500million people (approx 1/15 of the population)
>not a large amount

>redditspacing

For the Argentine guy, he just wants to endlessly compare it to soccer - even though all involved would have agreed at the outset that soccer is far more popular.

He doesn't get that ten countries is a large number of countries to be #1 or #2 in compared to, say, most all other sports.

Also the spacing of most written language. Known as line breaks.

>All of the posts you're responding to are mine
you're a fucking idiot then.
I never questioned your """sport's""" popularity, I don't know why you kept going on about it like an absolute retard.
I was just pointing out that you said "a large number of countries" and it's not true, that's all.

I was talking about the amount of countries, not people, you dumbfuck.
do you seriously wanna go for amount of people anyway? your gay sport isn't even in the top10 worldwide.

>For the Argentine guy, he just wants to endlessly compare it to soccer
what the fuck are you even talking about?
seriously just fuck off, you're a legitimate mongoloid.

>imagine being Argentinean
>ancestors experimented on by Nazis now you are a mutant
>live in favella
>wear shirts of losing super bowl teams
>wait hours to use the village computer to shit post about how much you hate America

Based, muscular post

>not even top 10
Revenue wise says otherwise, but let me guess, revenue means nothing for popularity, right?

You labeled it as "incredibly unimportant" based on a comparison to one other sport, then fixated endlessly on the "large number of countries" thing because it was the only part of the argument you felt like you could win.

You also using words like "retard" and "mongoloid" but frankly are coming off as rigid, poorly-traveled, small-minded, and chauvinistic.

>Revenue wise says otherwise
oh so first it was countries, then it was people, and now it's money, keep moving the goalpoasts, faggot.
also, you're actually fucking wrong.
you're talking about single league revenue, not entire sports.

>You labeled it as "incredibly unimportant"
when did I do that?
on my first post?
if you look closer I didn't know what sport this thread was about and I was asking, never talked about ice hockey's popularity.
you're the mongoloid that spouted retarded facts about it's popularity, not me.
I mean, I don't expect you to say I'm right and recognize that you're mentally challenged, but you know it's true.

kek

too true, don't know why I am responding to this guy seriously...his autism activated mine

>cheeky friendly banter thread between 2 North American countries talking about their game tonight
>Argentina who is not involved in it at all comes in to talk about how irrelevant it is
>live in their head rent free
>litterally obsessed with our "irrelevant" sports

kek, talk about moving the goalposts

is that what the fabled argentine machismo has curdled into? autistic obsession with winning arguments where you got btfo?

call it...Falklands Syndrome.

>also, you're actually fucking wrong.
you're talking about single league revenue, not entire sports.
>literally top 5 highest league revenue for NHL
>not included are literally are 10+ leagues

So tell me, what are the top 10 highest revenue sports?

American football is easily #1
Soccer is 2
Basketball and Baseball 3 and 4

Whats next? "Muh cricket" doesnt generate a lot of revenue

this faggot will tell you polo or something

literally has no clue

>then fixated endlessly on the "large number of countries" thing because it was the only part of the argument you felt like you could win.
I don't know man, it seems to me that was the only bit he was arguing about.
I'd recomend you to re read his posts because you're not sounding really smart.
not to mention you're the one deviating with that picture.

ya fue chabón son re mogolicos, no les hablo más, ni te gastes.

the day of the rake shall be glorious

>American football is easily #1
lol wat
proper football is clearly #1, are you seriously this dumb?

This image doesnt even include the almost 8billion for NCAA

Re-read mine. As I said, it's a "large number of countries" compared to most sports. Not to soccer.

"Large number" is subjective, and generally determined by comparison.

Like, if you said you had a large number of socks, and you had 10 socks, that would be odd, as most people have more.

If you said you had fucked a large number of supermodels, and you had fucked 10, that would make more sense, because it is far more than most people.

As for the picture, dude is only in here to troll Americans, so trolling back is fair game.

it also doesn't even include the other 100+ professional football leagues in the world.

you're the one wasting everyone's time, dude

>As I said, it's a "large number of countries" compared to most sports.
but this isn't true, even fucking rugby is popular in more countries.

It also doesnt include the other few professional football league

You gonna say those other "100" leagues equal a revenue of 2billion when the literal last one on that image is only 400million?

I'll agree with you that soccer is easily #1 by revenue.

Nah. Burger football generates more revenue because there are like 4 wealthy nations that care about soccer and then like 90 third world shitoles

I already cited rugby as one of the few second-tier sports, like ice hockey, that are popular in a large number of countries.

(Although, frankly, rugby enthusiasts always overestimate its popularity. As a native of the UK, honestly, few people actually care about rugby there.)

No way, the amount burgers love Handegg, they even pay to watch preTeens

There are a lot of middling leagues in prosperous nations, many of them high revenue, like the J-League and K-League. Then there's international competition and the World Cup to consider as well.

not the other "100", no.
just the next 4 are more than enough.

When you total up all levels of the sport, it's world #2, for sure.

Soccer is much, much harder to total up, but if you could, adding up all the world's leagues (and there are plenty of respectable leagues outside the Big Four), plus international competition, I think it easily surpasses gridiron football.

I freely admit I can't prove this, but these are the two sports I closely follow, and I feel fairly comfortable saying it.

Lol we going by that we gotta redo math, as it say Primier leatue alone lost 1billion

It's kinda weird that none of englands former colonies give a shit about soccer. We all prefer contact sports

Thats the problem though, theres only 3 or 4 "professional" american football leagues. NCAA is collegiate.

holy fuck you're dense.
there's literally no way football isn't the number 1 sport in revenue.
you're gonna have to deal with it m8.

Prove it then

Not 100% sure what you're saying here, Canbro

at the time they exported football to us, it didn't have a particular code or form, so everyone just developed their own codes over time. Australian football for the aussies, Canadian football, American football...

...while the UK developed their own codes, soccer and rugby

... and THEN exported those, as immigrants, to countries that they had never colonized

so basically it's just that we got the game earlier, before the rules were set, and drifted off into our own rulesets

A lot of Gridiron revenue comes from leagues not classified as Professional

the last world cup alone made $5 billion and isn't even listed in that shitty graph you have because it's not a domestic league.
Champions League makes about $2 billion as well, and there are other international competitions that aren't listed like UEFA Europa League and World Cup of Clubs, plus more than 100 professional leagues in the world.

but yeah, sure, since I don't have hard data on all of the revenue your retarded mind will find a way to convince itself this isn't true.

Gotcha...indeed, billions. I still tend to think that all of the pro soccer leagues - even just the top 20 - plus the World Cup etc., total to a larger revenue. But I haven't run the numbers, so..

>our once every 4 years event got 5billion"
Buddy the PAC12 alone generates 1-2billion yearly.

Hate to say it, especially after he was backing up that retarded fellow Argentine, but I do believe he's right about this.

I have a half bil for the Pac-12, which includes basketball

(Which is still fucking crazy high)

Yeah looking now appears it dropped drastically this year. My bad

starting to think there is one total Argentine in this thread senpai

He types like a buffoon

Argentina is just butthurt they can't into ice hockey

They get rekt by Mexico and Argentina has snow Mexico doesn't

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argentina_men's_national_ice_hockey_team

Soccer is the #1 sport in revenue. Although I bet that college football makes it pretty close.

Soccer: At least 21.5 billion euros
>Premier League: 4.8 billion
>German league: 3.2
>Spanish: 2.4
>Italian: 1.9
>French: 1.5
>Champions: 1.3
>Brazilian: 1
>Russian: .8
>MLS: .8
>English 2nd division: .7
>Japanese league: .5
>Turkish: .5
>Korean .5
>German 2nd: .5
>Dutch: .5
>Europa: .4
>Argentine: .3
>Chinese: .3

Football: 13.3 billion euros
>NFL: 13 billion
>Canada: .2

Baseball: 11.3 billion euros
>MLB: 9.5 billion
>Japanese league: 1.3
>Korean league: .5

Basketball: 6.1 billion euros
>NBA: 5.9 billion
>German: .1
>Chinese: .05
>Spanish: .05

Hockey: 3.7 billion euros
>NHL: 3.7 billion

Interesting how all the sports stack up, I'm surprised the Chinese basketball league isn't bigger. And then there are the big international tournaments (World Cup, Euro, Copa America). The WC alone brought in $4 billion last time, Euro 2016 brought in $2 billion.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_professional_sports_leagues_by_revenue

uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2493261.html#/

businessinsider.com/fifa-brazil-world-cup-revenue-2015-3

I didn't know ice hockey was played in snow.
our snowy areas are pretty much uninhabited anyways.

*Football should say 13.2, my bad. I'm sure that's not the only error in that post

>I didn't know ice hockey was played in snow.
Sometimes they play games outdoors in the snow, it's pretty cool.

youtube.com/watch?v=dUCBlGCEWWs

That's pretty pathetic America has national teams in sports we don't care about like rugby, cricket, and men's field hockey and we never put up performances like that

>men's field hockey
Wait, there's a men's field hockey competition? I thought field hockey was for women only.

sounds more like the night of the rake desu

>hockey
Whats KHL yearly revenue?

Having to shovel off the pond every 10minutes is the comfiest level hockey

The KHL is so low that that it's not even on the list. They average 6,000 spectators per game, the league is seriously struggling financially, and the highest paid player in the league makes just $5.5 million.

rferl.org/a/russia-hockey-khl-dreams-fade/27011993.html

sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/khl-contract-salaries-highest-paid-datsyuk-radulov-kovalchuk-kontinental-hockey-league/

I'm surprised, I only watch hockey casually but I was under the impression that the KHL was a big deal.

nah, it makes sense, Russia is a football nation, and as such, nothing besides football is really that important.

>nah, it makes sense, Russia is a football nation
Are they really? It's strange how they're traditionally so bad at soccer and so good at hockey, then. The Soviet teams of the 60s/70s/80s were borderline unstoppable. They won 7 olympic golds in 9 olympic appearances, the only times they failed to win gold were the two times the US won gold.

I can assure you, football is infinitely more popular there than ice hokey.
the fact that their national team is shit doesn't mean anything btw.
most countries in the world have shitty national teams, there's only 7 elite nations, everyone else doesn't have the slightest chance of winning the world cup, football is still their most popular sport by far.

Mexico and Turkey are clear examples.

Interesting. I knew a lot of Russian/Belarussian kids in high school (a prep school in miami) and they all loved hockey, so I guess I got the wrong impression from that.

well they weren't going to talk about football with you, were they?
if I was to go to poo peeland I would obviously just talk about rugby with them.

Dont listen to this dumb argie, Bandy is the most popular sport in Russia, and its just offshoot hockey

>The most popular sport in Russia is football [1] According to Yandex search analysis results rating of the most popular sports among Russians: "Football topped the list of the most popular sports in Russia" with 5 to 10 million requests. Ice hockey came in second with handball, basketball, boxing, auto racing, volleyball, athletics, tennis and chess rounding out the top ten rankings.[2] Other popular sports include bandy, biathlon, figure skating, weightlifting, gymnastics, wrestling, martial arts, rugby union, and skiing.[3]
sure m8

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport_in_Russia

>well they weren't going to talk about football with you, were they?
"Football" (Soccer) is very big in Miami, because of all the Colombians/Brazilians/Argentines we have here. I'm Cuban so my family was all about baseball, but my other latino friends loved soccer, and I'm surprised that my Russian friends didn't. Maybe hockey is an upper-class Russian sport, with the average Russian preferring soccer?

>and as such, nothing besides football is really that important.

Finally, you say it. Guess the point went entirely over your head after all