Is there even a single episode that's actually funny?

Is there even a single episode that's actually funny?

It wasn't about the funny levels. It was comfy. In season 1 the writers had great ideas and executed them well. Then they had success and went completely retarded in every possible way.

It's more about spending time with insanely relatable characters. They all become shit after the first season or so though.

>relatable

Fucking normie reeeee

Character rankings
Marshall
Robin
Barney (he does become more annoying as the series progresses)
Lily
Ted

Correct ranking
s1-2 Barney
s1-2 robin
s1-2 marshall
later Barney
later Robin
s1-2 Ted
later Marshall
later Ted
anything the annoying know it all girl

>Comfy
>Show is about an absolute dickhead who has sex with cute girls nonstop complaining that he can't find the right girl

Man did it have literally the worst Sitcom finale of all time.

Also I really want to tongue suck Cobie Smulders's long ass tongue.

>season 1

Say what you will about this show, but it is the best "show that is entertaining enough to not make you want to blow your brains out but is generally tame enough to watch with your parents when you visit them for the holidays". Or maybe second best next to Parks and Rec. Either way there are a fuckton of episodes of this show so I never have to actually talk to my family when I visit.

I'm next to certain he's complaining in the first episode

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Don't forget he somehow affords a nice apartment in new york while sporadically working and living with a guy in law school.

> what is the purpose of most modern TV shows

>I realise I want to settle down
>nonstop complaining
Tbf you reminded me how shitty written the beginning season 1 was.

really disappointed we didn't get to see Alyson or Robin's tits

>relatable

t. numale cuck

No.

is this real?

The finale should have been a reveal that Robin was actually a dude.

Literally the most Reddit show ever created. I put it on when there isn't anything else to watch.

Ted should have ended up with Marshall. Barney should have gotten murdered by an angry ex.

It should've ended after two seasons and in the final scene Ted is an old man talking to the tv in his apartment.

>that episode where they ripped off the episode of Friends where Joey, Ross and Chandler play Bamboozle, except nobody thinks it's funny, least of all the audience
>that episode where they rip off the episode of Friends where Ross makes up a quiz to see who wins the apartment, except it's about who gets to be a godparent and none of the answers matter because they just chose whoever they liked the most

Downright offensive.

>The entire series is about how Ted met his wife
>"Robin is just the red herring!"
>His wife plays a very small part and later is dropped in favor for Robin
What's the point

>tfw you'll never have a viking husbando that pillages your villages every night

This was what made me stop watching.
Don't come up with a framing device, then drop it halfway through, pick it up again, make it irrelevant and throw it away.
Imagine being the kids
> sooooo, the first 5 years of your story didn't matter at all, did they?

The worst thing this show did was spawn all those fucking underage idiots telling everyone they prefer bars over clubs.

>Ted wants to find the right girl and settle down from the beginning
>he's only meant to be 26/27 in S1

It's normie cancer of the worst kind.
Just as cringe-inducing and unfunny as friends, just without the soap opera shit.

>amerifats just now getting into pub culture

well the show reused a lot of ideas from Friends
They basically made a less funny version of Friends with all the forced drama dialed up to eleven.

Also I dropped Friends after the episode where Monica revealed she wanted to fuck Joey, all the relationship dramas in these sitcoms are so cheesy and contrived.

Wow, how horrible. Completely ruined the show for me. I mean they all have irish blood in them, how disgusting.

It wouldn't even have been that bad if it wasn't for the last season.

>spend entire season on one wedding day, with not anywhere near enough material to stretch it out
>throw it all out the window on the very last episode and go "lol Robin was my soulmate all along" anyway

It's just such an example of stupid writing.

>what was Cheers for your parents

>implying user had parents that old

He got stuck with parents who watched Frasier and preferred coffee places because of it.

Apart from the character of Neil Patrick Stewart, all of them were unlikable assholes, with Lily being the worst of the bunch.

I won't bother trying to argue it here, but I love HIMYM. The last couple seasons sucked but up until that point, I really enjoyed the show.

I can see how the type of dudes that generally post on here would hate it though.

Damn, Robin could eat a dude's asshole on godly levels with that thing.

Barney is actually the most accurate portrayal of Schizod personality disorder I've seen in entertainment.

>(much) prefer Frasier to Cheers
>none of them better than Allo Allo tho
Bars>cafes still

>muh bro-code.

Barney was right up there with Lily, user. His brother was the only one who wasn't one.

Funny to see a thread about this here of all places.
A show for women about how city men are really sappy, stoneless, housebound cunts and the one who isn't is reduced to a cartoon-comical sidekick everyone barely puts up with.
Obvious numaleducation shit. Like Friends.

Boohoo, how dare you be a judge! Why u haven't asked me first whether I'd allow it! Fuck you! I wanna go to France and be an untalented painter instead, so we can live on welfare! Go cancel your career!

Top 3 worst cunt in sitcom history.

>The moment you realize that Ted telling his kids about how he met their mother isn't the real reason why he's telling the story and it's actually about Ted's friendship with Barney and how they're no longer friends because Barney broke Robin's heart, Lily hate him for doing so and Marshall/Ted chose them over him.

Fuck off back to tm/r9k/

*and Seinfeld

>that moment when you realize Ted didn't make it when he tried to jump across to the other apartment building that one time and the entire rest of the series is his coma dream

Friends basically ripped off a lot from Seinfeld. So in a sense HIMYM is an even less funny version of Seinfeld.

I like the scuba diver and the one where hugo from LOST had the blitz curse

Why do people like Marshall? I think he's soft and kinda a bitch.

Ranking Lily anything but last