""""""""""""English"""""""""""""""" premier league

>""""""""""""English"""""""""""""""" premier league

>Get to watch the best players from all over the world rather than 99% British shitters

sounds good to me

What's the orange, light blue and red?

ay lmaos

wait, 60% of the players are foreigners?
are teams allowed that many foreigners?

in our league you can only have 4 foreigners in a club.
I think the just expanded it to 5 today or something like that, but I don't know.

redpill me on the Bosman ruling

If english players played in the english league, nobody would be watching.

but english players play in the english league.

You can even name a 100% non British match day squad. No prizes for guessing which club was the first to do that in the PL.

CL rules are tighter than PL rules in this regard.

>it's a sport where success is entirely tied to money

Cool.

South america and asia/australia

>Bosman ruling
>Union Royale Belge des Sociétés de Football Association ASBL v Jean-Marc Bosman (1995) C-415/93 (known as the Bosman ruling)[1] is a 1995 European Court of Justice decision concerning freedom of movement for workers, freedom of association, and direct effect of article 39[2] (now article 45 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union) of the TEC. The case was an important decision on the free movement of labour and had a profound effect on the transfers of footballers within the European Union (EU).

>The decision banned restrictions on foreign EU players within national leagues and allowed players in the EU to move to another club at the end of a contract without a transfer fee being paid.
intresting to see if that will change post brexit, but i don't see the EPL wanting to loose the shekels

some butthurt Belgian football nobody upset the whole world of sports

I don't one be one of "those" people but that can't be good for your national team.

>can't be good for your national team.
well you know the memes about >englel

I hope brexit doesn't fuck up the premier league. I'd rather watch bundes than a league filled with nothing but rooneys and vardys

england was always shit long before epl went international.

I'm stupid, which club was it?

arsenal vs crystal palace 2005

wonga

We used to be GOAT, lads.

true, tbqh

(despite the flag, grew up on the terraces in the 70s. i miss those days in many ways but the actual fucking football is so much better now.)

>Irish number keeping relatively stable

Absolutely disgusting

>2018
>Being so racist that you think that clubs should prioritise players simply because they were born in a certain country as opposed to choosing the best player available.

Absolutely disgraceful.

>CL rules are tighter than PL rules in this regard.
the rules aren't even for the nationality, just homegrown.

but if we had quotas they would probally end up filling them with dele allis and oxlaide chamberlins instead of good white euros

literally who cares?

When a player enters the last 6 months of their contract they are able to enter talks with other interested clubs, so you could sign a player on the 1st jan with 6 months left on their contact meaning they would sign in July 1st

>The state of Scotland

>the EPL is now the world cup
so much for exclusive sporting events that occur within your borders right? lmao how pathetic.

One of the core principles of the EU is freedom of movement for workers.
People noticed that this went against previously-established football rules, like contract obligations or for example a limit of foreign players per team which a bunch of leagues had.

im assuming you've seen their national team play? Who would watch a fucking CLUB full of english players.

>mark the Bosman-ruling
>although trends already starting way before it
ok

why are americlap-leagues so communistic?

>draft-system in which the shitty teams get better picks
>salary-cap
>salaries are public
>players are unionized
>players can seize the means of production (aka season-lockouts)

whats wrong with that

Pay-to-view and having plenty of customers willing to cough up more and more money.

Bosman ruling finally corrected a medieval situation. Imagine seeing out your contract and your boss can keep you against your will.

>2018
>Being so racist you think that your house should have doors

Yes. Teams would become so much stronger if the rich clubs could properly build on success rather than share the latent wealth. Free market my arse. Why haven't they fixed this?

Nobody should be able to buy their way to the top. It's the epitome of anti-competitiveness. Draft picks aren't all they're made out to be? Do you know how many people were drafted before Tom Brady?

hey I have a slew of """"16"""" year old african "youth" players for you that dominate all their "fellow" youth players you can have em all for the low, low price of £23 million don't forget my fees okay?

>English citizens cant have foreign heritage

Since when?

>implying the best players go to your mickey mouse league

Maradona, Cruijff, di Stéfano, Pelé and Messi (the objective top 5, without specific order) would want a word with you

Wait a cotton-picking minute, you want regulations and middle-men dictating how clubs spend their own money? Money their fans and their appeal have largely contributed? How are clubs meant to be great again?

The rich teams do build on success though. The Yankees alone have 41 American League titles in the past 100 years.

they're not really communistic, they're just designed to maximize profits for the fat owners

The two biggest football brands, Ronaldo and Beckham, both played in the EPL

Your argument is invalid

the extremely talented players, the best of the best, don't play in England because they can get top money at real or barca. but that's only 5-6 people at a time. as for everyone else, the epl gets the lions share of top players.
the gap is widening. i see epl teams making deep runs in the champions league for years to come.

Hopefully Burnley will start the reverting of this regressive trend

But English clubs pay more than Real or Barcelona...

Yaya Toure earns almost twice more than a living legend like Iniesta

>le current year
>So raciss
>Imagine if teams were to prioritise their youth programs and support local football instead of just buying players
>Absolutely disgraceful

Aren't lot of foreign players int he Premier League from your own club's youth academies?

Big clubs tend to have lot of international players in their youth systems

That's why he specified supporting local football as well

Serious question here

Can anyone tell me why, in the 90's things changed across all the European leagues so dramatically?

Didn't read that part, he's right about that

Italy removed the foreign players cap and got 2 consecutive group stages exists in WCs and now they didn't even qualify. Or check Mexico, they have clubs with 10/11 foreign players and their NT also sucks

Buying foreign talent is stupid

broadcasting revenue and better marketing to JFs

also Bosman ruling on that graph - far easier for players to move clubs after that

It's not called the 'English Premier League', it's called the 'Premier League'.

Why is there a different section for France and African countries?

> Bosman ruling

Interesting, so will things change post-Brexit?

what's wrong with british teeth laddies?

FPBP

What happened in 1995? Was there a change of signing and transfer rules or something?

>intresting to see if that will change post brexit
Kek. Of course it won't.
Capitalism trumps borders.

No, it was Chelsea in 99 you casuals

>not naming Pogba