I just watched this because I have a thing for goth girls...

I just watched this because I have a thing for goth girls. Netflix and a bunch of other sites categorize this as a comedy, but I'm pretty sure it's a straight drama. I can't remember a single joke.

Also, it's weird how there isn't a synopsis of either Wikipedia or IMDB. I'd write one, but I'm still trying to tell two of the minor characters apart, which is actually why I tried to look for a synopsis.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ViHWwY2XqNQ&ab_channel=LaGrietaIndieradio
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

um... ok?

Has anyone here seen the damn movie?

>Has anyone here seen the damn movie?
What movie?

The one about Stephanie from Lazy Town where she's a goth girl.

No but I just saw the Addams Family, wanna talk about that?

This movie is pretty good.

should i watch it?
logan left me with a bad taste becaus it was shit hopefully this is decent enough

It's in top 3 of the year IMO.
Ask what you wanna know user.

spoil it for me pls

I've seen it, it's great.

I agree with you on it being much more dramatically focused, there were defiantly funny moments but most of the parts that made me laugh was the cringe humour.

I don't know, the movie touched me in ways I didn't expect. I thought it was just another 'coming-back-home' movie but it was much more than that.

But what I really love this movie for was introducing me to this great song.

youtube.com/watch?v=ViHWwY2XqNQ&ab_channel=LaGrietaIndieradio

it was Richard Brody's top film of last year.

imho it's a modern classic. It's the type of movie John Hughes would be making if he were alive today.

I hear good things about Edge of Seventeen which might be similar. I guess I should check that out too.

>dat halloween dance scene

I liked Little Sister but Edge of Seventeen was pretty cliché and really predictable in my opinion. Dunno what you're looking for, but i thought it was really unoriginal and didn't really enjoy it, very average.

that's a shame. literally every critic I respect raved about it.

>dat halloween dance scene
someone needs to make a webm

Maybe I'm just a pleb or have bad taste, but I predicted most of the story after like 10 minutes of watching it, which made it more ridiculous than enjoyable.

Am I the only one who thinks this movie is like Manchester by the sea, but with the cold and depressing things replaced with warm and comfy?

coming home/family reunion movies are a dime a dozen in independent cinema. It's kinda hard to find one that stands out. that's why Little Sister is so successful.

It got very overlooked. I've read the message boards on IMDb for it, and holy fuck. No love at all.
I forget how much normies can be plebs.

Yea I'm game. So just how sexy is the girl in braids?
I mean my cock just shot right up. My wife noticed but I don't care. She didn't say anything. She could feel the regret in choosing to watch this movie. That bikni scene man.
Made my wife blow me while I thought of those teens

the dancing is all spliced with scenes of them doing other stuff so this is all I got for you I'm afraid.

So the disfigured veteran has a fiancee, but we see him hooking up with that one chick who had a crush on him in high school. Which one of the two is the one who's with him at the Halloween party? Which one is the one who marries him at the end?

No, she's a Christian who USED to be a goth.

Say, does her attending an artsy, punkish performance at the beginning of the movie show that despite her Christian conversion, she's the same person on the inside?

the fiancee is the one at the party and the one he marries

The fiancee. He just messed around a bit with the other chick. That's kinda how he started to feel comfortable in his one skin again. Literally.

the hookup was just a temporary thing. he married his actual girlfriend.

she undressed for guys on webcam to satisfy her needs because he was too plagued with guilt, so they drifted apart. him kissing the girl was an indication that he was finally ready to accept affection in spite of how he looks. So by the end they finally accepted each other and married.

>>she undressed for guys on webcam to satisfy her needs
So the movie promotes being a camwhore and still getting a normal relationship after that? Oh fucking wow.

I really liked this movie. The highway shots with the autumn setting, the hills and the credits superimposed really resonated with me for some reason.

I don't want to ruin this thread by bringing up politics but the political message in the movie was too big to ignore. The fact that Obama was elected clearly had no effect on her brother at all. People kept bringing it up as if "it was all worth it, now that Obama got elected!" Made me so sad to see his reactions to that.

Anyways, comfy movie/10. Really enjoyed it. Also Addison Timlin a CUTE

she does it out of frustration and it's clear she doesn't actually enjoy it.

aspie virgins won't understand.

huh? it takes place BEFORE Obama's election. He pulled troops out from Iraq.

His election is seen as a sea change in the film.

Haha yeah I cut off the infidel's head out of frustration I didn't like it even for a second :)

and histrionic reactions/false equivalencies like that is why you'll never be a grown up.

That gave me a laugh op because I have it on my list for the same reasons.

This.
The movie shows how people make shitty decisions in real life, and that decisions ultimately make them want to be a better person.

Well the film is set in 2008, clearly in the fall, so Obama is about to be elected.

It's in the midst of the whole "Hope" and "Change" campaign and people keep waving that around like it's going to change her brother's situation, when obviously it won't change a damn thing in his life.

>His election is seen as a sea change in the film.

I didn't get that impression at all. It seemed to me that the point of the movie happening during the election was that the abstraction of hope and change isn't going to change the concrete despair that he was feeling as a vet.

Again, I fully respect but don't quite follow your reaction to the film. first of all, it was a happy ending? I don't know how concrete despair plays into people smiling and cheering on a wedding?

but moreover he is a vet who was wounded in Afghanistan because of a botched invasion perpetrated on false evidence.

Obama's subsequent rejection of that war and wind-down of troops on foreign soil signals that he would actually value vets by not throwing them into prolonged armed conflicts.

(Republicans at the time actually wanted troops to remain in Iraq which would have caused even more casualties and injuries, creating more "concrete despair" as you see in the film.)

HAHA YEAH MUST WHORE MUHSELF ON LE INTERNETS TO BE BIG GIRL XD

and histrionic reactions/false equivalencies like that is why you'll never be a grown up.

whomst art thou quoting?

I want to marry the main character. Too bad she's celibate.
>tfw her actress looks younger than me but she's 4 years older

she's already my waifu. so sorry user.

she just premiered her new film at SXSW that sounds really good actually. it's like a Cronenbergian take on social media stardom. she plays someone who becomes famous after a video showing her robbing a store goes viral. it's all neon and sci-fi looking. can't wait.

she's also the star of a Twilight rip off called Fallen that's huge in South America/South East Asia for some reason. Instead of vampires it's about... immortal angels. yup.

Didnt know about that. Looks cool, will make a reminder to some 2months later. Thanks

What's it about?