Are Americans allowed to refer to soccer/football as "footy"...

Are Americans allowed to refer to soccer/football as "footy"? Don't want to sound like a fool when I go to Ireland in 2018

>buttoning top button

Of course not. You may only refer to it as soccer, you must accept being laughed at and you must engage in debate every time someone comes with you teaching the proper sports name.
Not complying with this render your image as the one of a vietinamese ManU customer.

should I call it football or soccer? If I call it football will they bully me for trying to fit in? I'm from America so I don't understand banter with the lads. bullying is illigal in the US

>You may only refer to it as soccer
>american reading comprehension

God no mate, just call it soccer, I’d cringe more if you tried to paterinse us by calling it footy. Either way you probably don’t have a clue so just keep your relationship with our beautiful game strictly casual, don’t be fucking round with her thinking you can change her.

They call it Soccer in ireland anyway
only gays in Ireland would call it footie (and british expats working in dublin after losing their jobs in london)

Just call it football, you will be laughed at for saying soccer or footy

>paternise
Didn't you guys invent English?

He probably meant patronize

you can do it if you're neck is long enough

[joke about Ireland and the US both being out of the World Cup in 2018]

Nobody here says footy

Pretty sure the Irish call it soccer too...
Since they have Gaelic football

Just call it football soccer.

>spics

if you're from a country that calls it "football" or something to that effect, then sure you could get away with saying it in english. Don't make yourself interesting.

Bullshit.

>"The association football federations are called the Football Association of Ireland and the Irish Football Association and the top clubs are called "Football Club"."

Just got back from the old country and had a grand time. The thing I enjoyed most was not the sights but just hanging with the lads at the pub. This is a must. Now they speak English in Ireland but some times the accent is hard to understand and they have different words. You need to go down to the local public house walk in and say hey mates give me a pint of the dark stuff. Strike up a chat with a lad athe bar by getting him a drink either a Black and Tan or car bomb. Irish people love to hear stories about your great great grand dad who was Irish. If you tell enough people in one town about your Irish ancestry they may throw you a welcome home parade. Also beware of the drug heads always asking how's the crack or where's the crack. And most important don't forget to tell everyone pug Mahoney it's Gaelic for have a nice day

U wot mate

Call it soccer, it doesn't matter.

Because you post on Sup Forums you would think that every single fucking European cares about soccer, but they don't. It's basically just higher levels of bandwagon. Think of it like collegiate sports in the US. The vast majority of people have only a passing interest in the sport. You'll see.

>Are Americans allowed to refer to soccer/football as "footy"?

Do Americans refer to soccer at all? I mean it's soccer. Who wants to talk about that shit?

Fuck you Eriksen.

BLEACHED
Literally bleached.

Do the Brits even say "footy". I've never heard anyone say it in real life

>Who wants to talk about that shit?

yee, especially after the
>tripadvisor and trivago
fuasco lmao

Why are the Irish so backwards

I usually say footsie

I'm embarrassed

>tfw no curvy womanlet gf

Go here

Who's that chick
Looks like a combination of my mates

Mainland Europe usually adjusts to you and call it soccer in the conversation with you.

Dno how the anglo's are going to treat you, post more QT loo's

where find tiny Indian braphog?

stay the fuck away from my continent, americunt