Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=37Jev9k-b4o
youtube.com/watch?v=FJt7gNi3Nr4
youtu.be/uVtAcLQRUCY?t=10s
imgur.com/PNvkzw3
youtube.com/watch?v=znuECQodI2o
youtube.com/watch?v=g3aIsJcAMhY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Legendary's monster movies are just capeshit with monsters. Leave the real kaijukino to Japan where it belongs.

Too many stupid decisions in Shin Godzilla. Plus the design was garbage.

they need some actual interesting human characters.

What would their babies look like? Godzilla is a girl.

fuck off Sup Forumsmblr

Sauce?

Hoping WB will add some of their monsters to it, like the Ants from Them!, The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms, Kraken from Clash of the Titans, Morlocks from The Time Machine and such, hell Starro and Topo from DC would great to add

Also Gamera, they need to get the rights to Gamera

But can they beat Evangelion :^)

Unfortunately it's trash

I think user was making a meme off Godzilla 1998, which was a girl
Although Kong is certainly the man in their relationship
>dignified, kingly roar
>protects his home
>respectful of humans, falls in love with one
>fit
While Godzilla is
>retarded autistic screeching
>destroys everything
>'protects' humans by wrecking their cities
>fat
Sounds like a woman to me

fuck off weeb

>>>/reddit/

What's left to go after Godzilla vs King Kong?
Are there any other monsters that can hold a solo film?
Mothra did it, Rodan did it.
Who else?

I'm pretty stoked. Will they dare do Mothra? Moths aren't precisely that scary nor intimidating.

weebtrash goes to

how will they have godzilla vs. king kong when godzilla was set in the present and skull island was the 70s? also why does godzilla get two movies

>any westshit beating eva

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Ghidorah, obviously, then robo-*put a monster name there* variations

why not both?

because muh team

>shitposters think they're being clever ironically supporting one cinematic universe to take down another

Cinematic universes in general are the cancer that's ruining film.

No more sequels.
No more prequels.
No more spinoffs.
No more reboots.
No more shared universes.

Single entry kinos only.

>robo
that's Mecha to you

Pretty sure it was said in the movie that Kong is 'still growing' and is basically a babby. He could grow up to Godzilla's size in 40 years

Are you kidding dipshit? Logan is an oscar worthy movie and godzilla and kong are 1 time saturday night popcorn movies at best.

Godzilla vs. Kong will be like Batman v Superman in that they will fight against each other before another super monster shows up. Probably King Ghidorah. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" so they fight that thing together because they realize that thing is on another level and they only have a chance when fighting together. In the process they save each others lives and become friends. King Ghidorah kicks Kong's ass fairly easily and then fights Godzilla. Godzilla doesn't hold up too well and loses more and more ground. Kong starts to recover and slowly get up while Godzilla gets beaten down. King Ghidorah is about to deliver the finishing blow when Kong quickly jumps in and saves Godzilla, sacrificing himself in the process. Kong lies on the ground next to Godzilla, badly injured, shallow breathing. They lock eyes as Kong is trying to reach out his hand to Godzilla. He makes his last breath and his arm falls down before touching Godzilla and his eyes drift into the eternal slumber. Seeing his first friend ever die makes Godzilla really mad so he struggles himself up and roars like never before, charging King Ghidorah and slamming his entire weight into that threeheaded bastard. They exchange hits and bites and after a bit of that Godzilla simply lets loose and supercharges his atomic breath and annihilates King Ghidorah. Last shot of the film will be a close-up of Kong with some small sign that he's alive like a finger twitch or his chest moving a bit up.

agreed on kong, although I enjoyed it. godzilla is pretty kino at times though youtube.com/watch?v=37Jev9k-b4o

logan is probably only oscar worthy for acting, but obviously it depends on how the rest of the year pans out

King Ghidorah is in Godzilla 2

I'm really curious to see how they portray King Ghidorah. I'm pretty pumped desu. The after Credit scene in King Kong got me excited

>tfw you left straight after the john c. reilly coda

Trailer drops

youtube.com/watch?v=FJt7gNi3Nr4

>Human beings in a mob
A mass of people running, screaming. Camera zooms in one one in particular who isn't going with the crowd. They're fixed in place, as if hypnotized, and looking up. In awe or in horror? And at what?
>What's a mob to a king?
His highness: King Kong standing as tall as a skyscraper in the center of town. Extreme perspective shot shows how large he is compared to the bystander from earlier. Then, Kong drops on all fours and begins to barrel forward, vaulting over the humans on the street to clear entire blocks in one leap.
>What's a king to a god?
SKREEEEEEEEEEONK. Godzilla blasting atomic breath, spikes glowing blue-white, as Kong swerves wildly around them. Godzilla's on the defensive, but not ceding an inch as it blasts through the buildings to get to Kong.
>What's a god to a non-believer?
THOOM. A massive, three-headed silhouette drops in the middle of the city. It's larger than anything ever seen before. Its long-necked head coils upwards. Then, two more around it. Their glowing eyes leer through smoke and debris.
>Who don't believe in anything?
youtu.be/uVtAcLQRUCY?t=10s

Fuck off faggot

>logan is probably only oscar worthy for acting

Stewart deserves to get a nom for best supporting, mangold deserves a nom for directing and I could see the movie being nominated for best picture. The newest godzilla is shit and the roland shitfest from the 90's is trash. Godzilla was never good but at least the old ones are pretty comfy and make for great MST3K episodes. Kong is always great fun but it isn't even in the same universe as a movie like Logan.

Already has more convincing action scenes than civil war. And it looks less cringe inducing

>no huge, weird looking flesh eating plant on Skull Island
>no scene where we see them taking samples or seeds of it
>no pic related ever

It hurts.

>Stewart deserves to get a nom for best supporting
agreed

>mangold deserves a nom for directing
not gonna happen, rightly so

>I could see the movie being nominated for best picture
maybe, it would have zero chance of winning

like I said, the new godzilla has some great cinematography, and it's at least tonally consistent unlike kong. I'm not saying it's anywhere near as good as logan, but it's not shit

Why is autism like this not a bannable offense?

skull island was so shit man

fucking disgusting, peter jacksons king kong way miles better

Kong was even worse than Godzilla, which was mediocre as hell to begin with. Why do you have any hope for this 'cinematic monsterverse'?

>imgur.com/PNvkzw3
>literally fucking redditors are the only people who hate godzilla
L
O
L

Go to bed you Sup Forums reject

Jackson's King Kong had the higher highs but also the lower lows.

>DUDE LASERS SO EBIC
I bet you love videogames

>not gonna happen, rightly so
>rightly so

How the hell do you figure that? Quote me on it. Mangold wins best directing for Logan and rightly so, if he doesn't he was robbed. And of course a movie like Logan would never win best picture even if it's the clear favorite when the time comes. I just want to see it recognized.

Honestly I hope they will team up in the movie

>he didn't like the 1 hour build up getting to the island

You must be the master of the plebs.

Where df can I watch Shin Gojira

REBOOT
REIMAGINE
REHASH
RERUN
RERELEASE
fuck all of this shit

Jesus the 2005 fight was so much better.

It was embarrassingly shit.

Did you faggots forget me, the true Kongkino?
>youtube.com/watch?v=znuECQodI2o

Kek, was that meant to impress anyone? It looks like a fucking Corridor Digital YouTube video.

Actually I liked the buildup. That's what the new one is lacking imo.

>This pathetic samefagging Sup Forumsshit

To be fair some things need to come back. I've been in Mummy withdrawals the last few years and tomb was shit.

>How the hell do you figure that?
because it has a lot of weaknesses that are extremely difficult to overlook once you take it out of the superhero genre. although admittedly most of those issues are to do with writing, and worse films are nominated every year. he won't win best director, I'm pretty sure about that even if he does get nominated

>if he doesn't he was robbed
the fact you're happy to say this in march says a lot

God damn man. This shit is actually pretty good.

>unironically liking new fat neck western Godzilla

even 98 Ferris Bueller Godzilla is better

>the pleb taste itt
kneel you fucking shits

Nah the 2005 one is a lot better, the original Kong is shit but Jackson's is kino

youtube.com/watch?v=g3aIsJcAMhY

>I can't fathom the possibility that people don't agree with me
Pathetic

>s-surely so many people can't hate my weebshit, r-right?
>MUST BE SAMEFAG!

>Seeing his first friend ever die makes Godzilla really mad so he struggles himself up and roars like never before, charging King Ghidorah and slamming his entire weight into that threeheaded bastard

>assmad godzilla autist
Why are you so defensive? It's kinda cultish desu.

>jackson kept the jaw breaking technique
>he even kept kong playing with the broken jaw
that man never ceases to surprise me

>phoneposters

this is actually wellmade

While the scene is pure kinography, I never really understood why T-rexes were so fucking transfixed on a skinny girl instead of just ganking Kong

Jackson's was better. CG ages a lot better than janky stop motion. The original movie is shit.

Godzilla vs Biollante flopped because no one gives a shit about her, only fat american nerds care

>slamming his entire weight into that threeheaded bastard
wut

I don't think you have the first clue on what you're babbling about. You sound like you're 20 and new to this sort of thing. Come back when you have a few more seasons under your belt kid.

Vs Biollante got popular in Japan years later and is one of the most popular Godzilla movies nowadays.

Wut? It's one of the most popular Godzilla movies you retard.

Not that I agree with the anons you're fighting with, but on the topic of samefagging, are you the same weeb who keeps popping up in Godzilla threads here on Sup Forums, on /m/ and on Sup Forums, always keeps praising the nips and always brings up Sup Forums every time he sees a slightly differing opinion?

Because I keep seeing the exact same responses and the exact same obsession with Shin Gojira and with Sup Forums in almost every Godzilla related discussion on this site.

It wasn't at the time. It was a box office flop which in an emergency caused Toho to bring back Ghidorah immediately in the next one, which of course was a big hit. Of course Biollante is quite popular now.

>Guys in suits and miniatures.

The formula for inmortality.

not him but /m/ hates Sup Forums (for many reasons) but in this case because they disliked Shin Godzilla and prefer the 2014 capeshit

Fucking plebs

obvious samefagging

I don't post on /m/ so it ain't me, I just assume it's Sup Forumsmblr trash because they shit their pants anytime Godzilla is serious and not like how they want, like this

that's funny because you haven't actually said anything specific about any of the films you're talking about. but please defend the completely unnecessary cliche five minute smartphone video exposition in logan. or the cop out mutant tracking and super-strength serum

>new to this sort of thing
>have a few more seasons under your belt kid
you even write in quips, your opinions are starting to make a lot more sense

t. 90 year olds

>Not that I agree with the anons...
>actually does agree with the anons
What did he mean by this?

I'll bet you liked the new clash of the titans too fagget.

Well I never pretended otherwise.
2005 was a great movie and one of the few remakes far better than the original. Not very hard though considering that movie is 85 years old.

For what it's worth, if you want my opinion on that, it's hard to argue that the original isn't dated pretty hard due to it's effects. I'm not one to forgive movies or games for limitations due to their age, either, and it infuriates me when I see the original super mario on best game lists when objectively speaking most games in the past 30 years or so are just objsecitvely more mechanically complexed, polished, have more content, and have better video and audio.

I haven't seen the original King Kong in years though so I can't speak to how strong it's writing/acting/camera usage is and how well it can stand on those despite the video qualuty/effects being limited by their age

>Movies from 2005 look better than movies from the 1930's
Thanks for the helpful insight, user. I truly could not have figured this out on my own if it hadn't been for your incredibly vast fucking knowledge.

So what's your fucking problem? 2005 is the better movie objectively speaking for the sheer fact that 70 years had gone by.

Godzilla was shit, Kong was decentish and Godzilla vs Kong has always been a shitty overrated matchup. Give me Godzilla vs Ghidora, Biolante or Mecha Godzilla over the monkey, hopefully the studio will realize by the time these movies come out that people dont want to see American milliary doing milliary things for 90% of a giant monster movie.

Depending on how this is done it could either be really eyerollingly cheesy or very emotional.

No sense trying to explain anything to a knowitall 20 year old. My main point still stands... go watch more movies, kid.

I hope this happens

>2005 was a great movie
it was boring as fuck and literally nothing happend until the end

Nice ADHD pleb