Swedish influence

Estonian influence

Finnish influence

Angl-... nevermind

Kraut influence

What is overweight for this chart ?
5kg, 10kg ?

1 ounce

Doesn't "overweight" always mean the same?
>25 BMI from what I recall

tfw my BMI is 26

BMI isn't a perfect measurement desu, since it doesn't actually account for your muscle, so if you lift, chances are you're statistically overweight despite a low bf %.
Not that I think that's the reason for anglo fatness being so high.

fatass

Not necessarily, there is a difference between overweight and obesity for example. BMI is a rather inacurrate way to define things, but everyone kinda rolls with it anyway

We have the highest living standards

Yeah, and thats why America has such an absurdly high """"obesity"""" rate
despite the fact that most of these obese people are like 26 BMI

It works for 99% of the population.
The one in a million 2.10m tall hardcore weight lifter doesn't change that

Ever heard something about EPODE? I'm writing an esssay about the project and the FLVS study and I was just wondering if it's "widely" known in France, since everything started there. Thanks in advance.

Because it tends to falter on a lot of women, tall men/short and different body types. Taken alone it's not good enough to make an accurate judgement.

I agree that it isn't very accurate, but there are different standards for being classified overweight and obese though. So no, "most obese people" can't be 26 BMI, since that doesn't even fit the definition.
Only people with BMI above 30 are considered obese.

>EPODE
Don't what is it, soory. even with google. It shows me thing related to greek

Sure, something like body fat analysis is definitely more accurate.
But if you actually have a BMI of say, 30+, chances are extremely high that you're too fat, statistically speaking. There's a possibility you're aforementioned insanely tall bodybuilder, but it's very low. In reality, >99% of people with such high BMI have too much fat on them, period.

That number is quite adventurous, but I can see where you're coming from. It's not about the fact that you can apply it to most of the people without bigger problems, it's about the fact that it's just an inaccurate way to measure in the first place. There is nothing that can change THAT unless you come up with a better way.

mate, the average high school football player in America would be considered overweight according to BMI

There are over 14,000 HS teams, each field at least 11 players, some as much as 30+

Yeah, but people also call all Americans fat, but only 30% of Americans are obese.
And only 6% are "extreme obese"

And also BMI of 30 is really stupid to call obese in my opinion, for me personally i'm about ~30.2 BMI, yet I look nothing like the dude in this picture that is 30, hell i'm skinnier than the 25-29 dude.

>30.2 BMI
lmao fat fuck

EPODE stands for "Ensemble Prévenons l'ObésitéDes Enfants" and is the biggest project of its kind. That might ring a bell, but hank you nevertheless

>mate, the average high school football player in America would be considered overweight according to BMI
Yeah, and chances are he has too high of a body fat percentage too. There's a thing called "builtfat", where you have a lot of muscle, but at the same time still too much BF%, but the muscle may visually mask it

Yeah, as I mentioned, BMI is supposed to work on average people, but if you do any type of sports for example, it will be blown out of proportion due to the simple fact that muscle just weights more.
The main advantage of using BMI to measure prevalency of obesity at large is that it's very simple, compared to, say, measuring the exact bf % for each person.

Sugary and fatty food

People who only speak one language use their brains less.

>This is a prevention program to combat the excessive weight gain of children from 5 to 12 years old. This action is effective in 10 test cities spread over 10 regions in France.

lel, it's very obscure that's why I did not know. Especially on small cities

You asked if being overweight is always meaning the same thing. Don't mind the Ameritard

Also, have a schmexy pic of me when I was near my peak weight, I think 95kg at the time at 1.90m, or a 26.3 BMI - so metrically only in slightly overweight territory AND being slightly above-average tall (for tall guys BMI can even overestimate obesity). Now tell me I wasn't a fat fuck

Well, there are over 500 EPODE communities worldwide now, most are in France if I'm not mistaken. I was just wondering how far the journalists reached out, since not every little village has it's own newspaper. Nvm

Fast food invented by the eternal Yankee

Have high carb diet, used to be ok when most people worked labour heavy jobs. Now we still have the same high carb diet but work in offices and stuff.

>but only 30% of Americans are obese

le global poker face.jpg