What do people in your country think of Band of Brothers? Did they enjoy it or hate it?

What do people in your country think of Band of Brothers? Did they enjoy it or hate it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gec7OUrj87M
youtu.be/IS1RB3qvFjc
youtube.com/watch?v=XpdffyOFJso
youtube.com/watch?v=3M4O5ipn1QU
youtu.be/K6eJrgrk1A8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_War
youtube.com/watch?v=R6da9U6Xjd8
imdb.com/title/tt4697002/?ref_=tt_rec_tt
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It was nice. Though the Western front didn't really see any action.

Also, what is the Band of Brothers of your country?

I'm running out of things to watch but have only seen Unsere Mutter Unsere Vater which was kind of dumb and gay except for the parts with the brother (that one jew shouting 'shalom' in the middle of the street in 1941 Germany and dating a slut that fucks SS officers)

literally what

the pacific was better to be honest

Good series, good games, shitty clan.

Best WW2 show.

this

youtube.com/watch?v=Gec7OUrj87M

i watch it every year in its entirety, very nice show
we dont have anything like this obviously because even if we did have the money itd turn into a dindunuffin nationalist fapfest

It's very not popular here.
But i guess it's a good thing because I've heard it was very anti-french as asual and that wouldn't surprise me when I see the burgers comments full of hate on this video fucking lmao youtu.be/IS1RB3qvFjc

everyone sucks its dick of course

Not enough investment in the characters to be honest. It's hard to remember who is who let alone care about them vs. Band of Brothers where everyone instantly recognizes characters like Winters, Bull, Speirs, Guarnere, Doc Roe, Blithe, Malarkey, Sobel, etc.

eugene was pretty qt

Also did The Pacific even have interviews with the real life people like BoB did? I don't remember if it did, compared to I would recognize the real life Winters too from his appearances in BoB.

had the best theme though
youtube.com/watch?v=XpdffyOFJso

>tfw start watching it again every D-Day anniversary

Comfy, desu

>not posting it with the great intro video
youtube.com/watch?v=3M4O5ipn1QU

I just like it better cause I'm an infantry Marine honestly
I just learned a few months ago the unit Bob Leckie was with (witty typewriter guy who married his catholic neighbor)
is my unit, 2nd Battalion 1st Marines
And it's really fucking cool watching it from the perspective of our predecessors

the real life winters passed away 6 years ago Brian

RIP

I could still recognize him if I saw pics

what will be your pacific war? what gun loadout do you use?

>not posting the intro with rising storm's main menu theme
youtu.be/K6eJrgrk1A8

Nobody gives a fuck.

a masterpiece 2bh, rewatched it a few months ago with my ex
generation war is also great

>what will be your pacific war?
No clue
>gun loadout
My humvee has three people as of right now, we each have our M4s and if we get equipped correctly we'll have a M41A7 Saber system and a 240 mounted as always
Hopefully with the other 8 trucks in my platoon with us, of course

Generation Kill?

Kill > War

Nobody give a fuck about advertisement paid for by the pentagon here.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_War
a miniseries that brings the German point of view which is very refreshing
Kill sounds interesting as well I should give it a watch

A massive hit, I got my dad the set in the metal tin for christmas and had to order it 6 months in advance since it was sold out.

There's a 3 show miniseries on Netflix about brits in WWI
They're all prettt fucking cool but they need to fucking make more. My favorite of the three was the episode about your 'Pals' system, then there was the beginning of tank warfare and holding some bridges in Belgium I think

I've seen it
It was pretty good

The last episode was filmed here

two different miniseries
Generation kill was fucking awesome

Also, Dutch people believe they were liberated by the Canadians.

It's on tv every year, usually during summer, was obsessed about WW2 stuff in general back in early 2000s, I've read the book

Were you not?
I know we were in netherdutchlands too but didn't the candos do most of the work there
I don't know

>. My favorite of the three was the episode about your 'Pals' system
It still exists today in a form, I joined the PWRR which is a Hampshire Regiment because it was my local Regiment. There are a lot of advantages to recruiting people from the same area.

I believe the south was liberated by the Americans. But the rest was liberated by a mainly Canadian army a couple months later.

But in the Netherlands the worst part of the war was the time in between those two periods.

>still nothing

Dropped em like some

Especially in the U.K. I imagine
That's pretty neat stuff my man I like it
How's Wales

As in the germs started killing villagers in retaliation or some shit? What was going on

In the Netherlands it was expected that the Americans would push on and liberate the rest of the country.
So Dutch workers stopped all trains and made transport of any German reinforcements impossible.
Operation market garden happened. And the coal mines in the south were liberated.

Operation market garden went wrong. And the Americans in the south never pushed on. So the Germans weren't too happy. And they started becoming more violent and opressive. Shooting people.

The west of the country is one big city and the east (near the German borders) was were our food supplies are. So the Germans forbid us to resume the food transports to the west. And they blockaded the roads to the west. So Holland couldn't be supplied with food anymore.

Considering the coal mines were liberated but the rest of the country not really the rest of the country also ran out of fuel. And then the winter came.

So, a famine broke out and a lot of people starved.

Well I suppose that's probably something else that's our fault as well
What was your military like before they invaded?

>How's Wales
Boring as fuck.

You guys are going to win the next six nations right?

Great stuff i remember to wtach it, it was really good and the scenarios - call of duty

Well, our military before WW2 was a mixed bag.
Before the invasion happened our military armed up, but they wouldn't want to arm up too much as to not provoke the Germans.
Our generals didn't really feel like waging war against the Germans.
Considering we were neutral in the first world war we also expected to remain neutral in the second world war.

Our government considered building up a large navy in Indonesia, just in case, but that plan was deemed too expensive.
Instead we bought a lot of military supplies from the Germans. Which of course were never delivered.
There were wartime canals made, which would make an invasion by tanks impossible.
And there was a large mandatory draft.

When the Germans invaded our military figured they could hold out for months.
But our government fled to the UK and they had instructed the military to minimize civilian casualties. And got instructions to surrender after the government was secured.
Our military fought for a couple days. The paratrooper drops of the Germans were killed. And the German tanks were stopped at our wartime canals.

Germany got frustrated because they expected to beat us within 3 days, which seemed impossible now. And they had no intention to wage a long war in an urban / canal environment like Holland.
So the Germans did an air raid on Rotterdam.

We had limited anti air. And considering our generals had the instructions to minimize casualties. And they didn't expect a lot of allies to come to our aid in time (if they would come at all). So we surrendered before most of our army had even seen combat.

France did intend to come to our aid, so our military only fought on in the south to give the French some time to retreat again.

A portion of our military went along with our government to the UK. Who would later aid the British war effort.

Also, after Pearl Harbor the Netherlands declared war on Japan. Before the Americans had even declared war.
But our military in Indonesia was quickly defeated by the Japanese lol. So that didn't turn out so good.

generation kill is a bit of meme show desu

i am watching "seventeen moments of spring" lately. its dope af so far.

The Dutch people in Indonesia were put in prison camps.
And about 20% of the Dutch soldiers in Indonesia died in Japanese camps.

That all makes sense I suppose
Now I know the basic rundown of the Dutchlands in WW2 finally
And also yeah, there's no way whatever garrison you had in Indonesia could've help up against the nips

We've got ANZACs, featuring Crocodile Dundee

And Gallipoli, haven't gotten around to seeing either of them but according to reviews they're meant to be good

Are they love stories

Well, after world war 2 ended we started a new war to reestablish control over Indonesia.
To put down any rebel factions that disputed Dutch control over the Islands.
In the Netherlands it was known as "the police actions". After all, we were just policing our own territory, with tanks.

We used the marshal plan money to mobilize a huge army (comparable to the American forces in Iraq) and conquered the cities of Indonesia. The Indonesian rebels waged a guerilla warfare from rural areas.
We had yet another draft to send in more people and our soldiers became increasingly cruel.
We wiped out entire Islands and so on.

The Americans came under fire for funding our war with marshal aid. So eventually the Americans instructed us to end the war effort. And threatened to stop the marshal plan. As everyone turned against us we decided to end it.

Considering the Dutch people weren't really welcome in Indonesia anymore after 400 years we pulled out. And that's why we have so many Indonesians here (who were eurasians and Indonesian soldiers and politicians that supported our war effort). And that's when WW2 truly ended for us.

Based series

fucken hope not

dont think Anzacs is according to the wikipage, more about mateship

i really enjoyed it when i was watching.

i think i watched the entire series 5 times.

my fav character is definitely speirs.

I think I've seen gallipolli
Too bad Indonesians aren't that pretty
I would've taken a war bride or two to be honest bud

This is also why almost the entire right wing in the Netherlands is run by Indonesians.
They ran the colonies. And have more practical ideas about how to deal with minorities.

God bless the dutch. But why were the japs so mean to them?

how does one become as based as speirs?
youtube.com/watch?v=R6da9U6Xjd8

never bothered to watch it to be quite honest pal

The Japanese believe a soldier should fight to the death. It's pretty shameful to get captured. And captured soldiers deserve to be killed.

Plus as any nazi they believed in their racial superiority. And had nothing with humane treatments.

Give it a chance, it's one of the best tv series ever made.

BASED french lads

Plus they believe they were liberating Asia from white oppressors. While they were actually just becoming the new oppressors.

probably will sooner or later since everyone's jerking off to it
I liked Generation Kill though

bump

wrong

As good as war kino gets. Unsere Mutter, Unsere Väter is the only one that comes close.

If only we could get a BoB scale/budget mini-series about German tank crews, then my life would be complete.

>my uncle was a québécois serving with the brits in hong kong in 1940
>Almost immediately placed in a work for 6 years

actually survived and he apparently was such a douche and liability after that, that my family kinda kept his existence secret. Apparently not a likeable person at all but I don't know what he did.

>no kursk mini series

I honestly hate everything that's ever been filmed about WW2. The only thing I didn't mind was Bridge on the River Kwai and it's not exactly a heart-warmer.

Holy fuck Marine secure that 550

why do you hate everything that's ever been filmed about WW2?

Even Dunkirk?

>tfw there are no war films from my cunt to compete Americans or other European war films in the international film industry
>tfw most of the new ones are either made by Marxists about out civil war and portray the red guards as some "people's heroes" while white guards are devils
>the rest is WW2 made by boomers for boomers

Overly dramatic. 2bh

Why doesn't some nice film make a film about based Simo?

Someone is already working on it. Too bad it's an American and it will most likely flop

imdb.com/title/tt4697002/?ref_=tt_rec_tt

>Those comments
People don’t know shit do they

Does Europe have anything like this for the other countries like maybe exiled Free French or Polish

A shitty movie full of "MUH EBIL GERMANZ" cliches and the story of saving some private is a made up bullshit. Only retards enjoy such shit.

It never says or tries to make them evil