Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mZjraQagtTo
soundcloud.com/gilbertgottfried/richard-kind
youtube.com/watch?v=zH58xearYzw
youtube.com/watch?v=LtP1g3mkvOE
youtube.com/watch?v=iJd8ttvIFUw
youtube.com/watch?v=YQTn0psH_bM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's a masterpiece. If Shakespeare wrote an action film this would be it.

always thought that shakespeare is more like die hard type

>DUDE PACINO AND DENIRO SITTING AT A TABLE LMAO

It's shit

shakspera i more of a Nolan type. Think Prestige

They hated eachother during this movie and refused to do this scene together

youtube.com/watch?v=mZjraQagtTo

Director had to use stand ins and camera cuts for the scene

two jews will be two jews

It's ok, solid in terms of craftsmanship, but nowhere near the masterpiece as this Redit IMDB faggot likes to claim.
Same goes for Apocalypse now. Some "masterpieces" are nothing but overmemed.

It's a kino

Though the best Mann movies are Miami Vice and Blackhat

plebs will disagree

>two overhyped primadonnas acting like prick primadonnas

color me surprised. instead of funneling their resentment towards each other that would have actually benefited the scene, they chose to throw a temper tantrum and insist to film the scene seperately.
Just shows how fucking overrated that one nigger cuck race traitor whose autistic nigglet children look nothing like him and that ohter I AM ACTING BY SCREAMING I'M SO MAD REEEEE melted face are.

Blackhat was great except for the roided out chad superhacker. His acting helped but he looked so out of place.

Everything else was kino

>> Blackhat
??
explain please

what is a true masterpiece

what do you need explained?

Absurdly overrated. The operator stuff is fine, but Pacino and DeNiro are not all that compelling and their diner scene is deflating, should have been a two-shot.
Collateral, Manhunter > these two

Miami Vice could have been pure kino if it wasn't for Jamie Foxx chimping out and ruining the entire filming.

Mann has said Jamie's diva attitude ruined just about every aspect of the film. They had to toss away important shots and wrap up way quicker than they wanted.

1:22:44

Richard Kind nails it.

soundcloud.com/gilbertgottfried/richard-kind

I don't care about what happened being the scenes. The movie is a masterpiece.

>if it wasn't for Jamie Foxx chimping out and ruining the entire filming
Niggers ruin everything. Especially this one particular nigger.
Django Unchained was unwatchable because of him.
He ruined Law Abiding Citizen. Everything he is in turns to nigger shit.

Miami Vice is my favourite film of all time and Michael Mann is my favourite director.

This scene is kino
youtube.com/watch?v=zH58xearYzw

Everything is there, it's a flick lovers dream with a promise of action and not a stuffy pissing contest between Pacino and DeNiro.

While I found it good, it just didn't live up to the idea I had going in. A bit underwhelming for me and 90s Val was my dude.

could have been done by any aspiring MTV music clip director.

It's fucking boring is what it is.

Mann might actually be the very best pleb detector

>Blackhat was great except for the roided out chad superhacker
Pleb criticism. Hathaway was a classic Mann character with a lot of flaws. His whole archetype (warrior-poet, body & mind) is introduced intuitively: 1. you see him in his cell reading philosophy books 2. you see him act like a smartass to the prison director, which gets him thrown into the hole 3. you see him workout. He has nothing but time ahead of him and the traditional Mannian sense of discipline. "I do my time, the time doesn't do me", very similar to Caan in Thief. This is the same dedication to a code that you find in characters like Vincent or McCauley. But his flaw is his defiance of authority and arrogance, which is the reason he got caught in the first place. The Asian girl even mocks his dedication to his code in the restaurant conversation, "you still speak like you're in prison", but this is what saves her life during the fight and is what makes her drop her panties.

The fact that Chris Hemsworth is handsome and doesn't look like the stereotypical acne hacker doesn't matter in the slightest. Bank robbers and hitmen don't look like Cruise or DeNiro with their perfect fashion tastes. Mann's world is highly romanticized and idealized.

Hathaway is a complete man, like a Greek hoplite. His enemies however reflect the false dichotomy of the body and mind. The villain hacker is stereotypical, unfit, neckbearded, glasses, king in the virtual world but out of touch with the real world. He has to hire a mercenary to be his body, who is fierce and methodical but lacks brain and ability to adapt. In the end Hathaway adapts to his environment and disposes of both, by literally walking "against" the crowd, against the norm and false conventions. All of this is told mostly visually, without dialogues.

i dont mean this is garbage or smth but just don't see the point of it after watching. for example lalaland was funny flick, and i enjoyed it, heat was showing off masculinity, donnie darko - wannabe mindblowing teenage movie etc, but this? blackhat is just like documentary about autism for autism

are you gay?

Why did he hold his hand at the end? Were they gays? I'm a girl btw

Bait, but I could see some dumb whore asking this.

/fit/ culture and philosophy is inherently gay.

The first ten fucking pages in Plato’s FIRST dialogue have Socrates lusting over a teenager’s sweaty, manly pecs through his toga. Socrates likens himself to a lion that is about to gobble up its prey. He can barely control himself. That is how the Western Philosophical tradition starts: Homoerotic lust for ripped abs.

The controversial casting of Hemwsorth is actually the thematic point and ethos of the whole film. He is shown as a character above conformity and false dichotomies, training both body and mind in his cell. No doubt he has read Yukio Mishima's Sun & Steel (also Gay!), which angry fat Sup Forums neckbeards have never heard about. People spouting this criticism never address that Sadak fits the negative hacker stereotypes, and this is what ultimately makes him lose. he has hubris and is self-agrandizing, but it's about how hes come to see himself behind a computer screen, an online God, then gets caught back by reality: he dies a pathetic death, he is nothing in the real world but a fleeting shadow in the middle of an indifferent crowd, one screwdriver is enough to end him. Its similar to how Vincent dies in Collateral: build up throughout the whole film as an invincible hitman who has everything figured out but dies indifferently on a subway as the city slowly wakes up. Hathaway "wins" because hes still connected to the real world, through his love and passion with Tang Wei, though all the self-reflection and meditation he went through in prison, through his anger and grief. The chaotic brutal nature of the action scenes mixed with the ethereal sensuality of the digital photo reflect that.

One of the rare instances where a film being shot on digital rather than on film makes thematic sense and contributes to the film's discourse. A digital film about the clash between the digital and the carnal worlds, feeling more organic and alive than films shot on film.

Heat was good but not great.

Fucking love Theif.The fucking color palette in that movie man my god.

In Heat, Neil dies because he decides to change his ways

In Collateral, Vincent dies because he doesn't (trying to do mozambique drill out of habit despite being behind train doors whereas Foxx randomly fires the gun and hit him out of sheer luck)

This theme is explored again in Blackhat. Hathaway survives by adapting himself to his environment and improvising makeshift armor and weapon.

Notice how both Heat and Blackhat end with the male character trying to escape in an airport (ready to start a new life, a very symbolic place), with his loved one.

The melancholic desire to escape is of course another main running theme in his films, and another way of showing his characters don't belong in a world of conformity.

There's a transcendent, almost metaphysical quality to water in his films, like the characters are longing for a purity and freedom they could never find on land. It's both calming and worrying, as if they're contemplating their own inevitable doom and are at peace with it. Even in a 100% urban film like Collateral, Max relaxes by thinking of the sea, it's what drives him forward.

Hathaway starts the film alone and in prison. In the end, he finally reaches the airport and escapes, but only because he found a sensual connection along the way. This also mirrors Neil reaching the airport for his escape with his girl, but the fate is reversed.

>Machismo

Not being a punchbag it's not machismo, it's what you expect from any men and his grenade launcher.

It's kinda boring for an action movie and kinda shallow for kino. But it feels somehow Shakespearean in a way like said, but not in terms of quality.

OK Siskel. We could watch the commentary or the youtube round up of major themes in his movies if we didn't have a life too.

>tfw you'll never escape from Sup Forums

>Guaranteed replies

It's great, and it's a shame to see Sup Forums shitting on it, especially by calling it boring or other lazy criticisms. The coffee scene isn't even amongst the most memorable, for me anyway, I don't know why that's all people talk about.

Not Mann's best, but he's an all-time great so that's not a problem.

>substitutional dose of machismo for sissies
I don't see how that's mutually exclusive to being a great film.

yippeth ki-yae forsooth

>robert "JUST" deniro
No, thanks!

the point is its the only feeling i got from every scene in the movie. i got the same feeling throughout true detective, which i love btw, but in incomparably less quantity. in td there was some philosophy to it, in the heat - pure masculinity wanking

That's probably because you're a faggot

Wtf does that even mean? You expect police and criminals to be feminine? Retard

We're set for life!
Oh but I know the action is the juice for some of you.
See you at the safehouse.
*click*

He was starring in some great movies back in his days. Disliking his movies just because he's an utter asswipe in real life is pretty autistic and none different from sjws.

Am I the only one who thinks he's actually a really shitty actor too? All he does is smirk and silently look at other actors under his brow like an autist. He's literally been playing the same character for decades

So wrong. Fuck off.

IT'S NOT AS GOOD AS PEOPLE WILL HAVE YOU BELIEVE
but you should still watch it

i mean heat is transformers for adults

>De Niro is a shitty actor
No, there's plenty of retards in the world so you must have company.
Fucking Sup Forums

>Argumentum ad populum
Wow, what a plen. Have fun thinking the guy who can't play anyone but le absolute madman is a great actor

Foxx is also easily the worst actor in that movie or maybe in any Mann movie. MV is still 10/10 though.

Is Heat reload-kino Sup Forums? What are some other films with god-tier reloading besides Mann

>The fact that Chris Hemsworth is handsome and doesn't look like the stereotypical acne hacker doesn't matter in the slightest. Bank robbers and hitmen don't look like Cruise or DeNiro with their perfect fashion tastes. Mann's world is highly romanticized and idealized.

This. The "Hemsworth" is too good looking" """criticism""" is one of the dumbest you can level. It also applies to maybe 50-70% of other movie roles, so, it's totally invalid. High school nerds don't look like the ones who play them in high school movies, fighter pilots don't look like Tom Cruise, etc. etc. ad nauseum.

You are a grade A moron if you ever "criticized" Blackhat because le hackerz are supposed to be neckbeardz XD

Way of Gun with mexican Brad Pitt

sicario

watch sicario motherfuckers, there is no such dick swag rolling, tho it is kino

Sicario is mediocre and it's protagonist is a woman, one of the main themes of the movie is how she as a woman is constantly dominated by men in their own game. You're a moron

it's excellent but
>I may be stoned on grass and Prozac, but... you've been walking through our life dead.
is one of the worst lines of dialogue I have ever heard.

so? just because the main protagonist is a woman the term machismo cannot be applied?
fuck, you really think that one of the main theme in sicario is about gender equality? god, how stupid are you

Wtf does "machismo" even mean? I've never heard that word in my life.
And not gender equality, gender inequality. Did you miss all the scenes where she gets humiliated by men or shows her weakness when men show stability? Or the part where she's saved by men or the part where her little story is basically a subplot to a man's story?

That's just a stupid internet theory that's been debunked a long time ago, they were together and loved working with one another during the shooting.

Here's proof from the location manager and the producer
youtube.com/watch?v=LtP1g3mkvOE
>6:10

And here's proof of their relationship during shooting
youtube.com/watch?v=iJd8ttvIFUw

DeNiro was digitally added into the shot

Even still, they might as well not have been there together as they're not actually on screen together sharing any sort of chemistry. It's directed as if for television.

I sincerely hope you are just baiting

>Even still, they might as well not have been there together as they're not actually on screen together sharing any sort of chemistry. It's directed as if for television.
Ironically, Heat was originally a TV movie called L.A. Takedown, which Mann made as a 'rehersal' experiment for Heat. Mann shot this scene in this shot/reverse shot way on purpose. A methodical, obsessive visual filmmaker like Mann doesn't redo the same film twice with the same shots for no purpose.

youtube.com/watch?v=YQTn0psH_bM

It's pretty decent, very overrated though for some reason.

fuck that soundtrack

it's kino, plebs gtfo

Put down your phone and watch the movie.

>that final shot

>soundcloud.com/gilbertgottfried/richard-kind
the fuck is this?

All Mann are pretentious, but perfect to appear straight among a bunch of closet gays. Watch it, perhaps it'll help you make friends.

what exactly are you talking about?

Its /k/ino

>perfect to appear straight among a bunch of closet gays

Is this something you're forced to do on a regular basis, user?