So, Sup Forums, let's assume you suddenly become the main treasurer for your nation...

So, Sup Forums, let's assume you suddenly become the main treasurer for your nation, and are tasked with stabilizing and strengthening the economy. Main problem is, however, that your currency is worth exactly as much as a promise made by a Jew, so essentially nothing.

Reinstating a gold standard would be highly impractical. What would be another commodity that can be used to back your national currency?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bancor
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ammunition when everyone's forced into the Metro.

Bottle caps.

Avocados as currency.

Fuck currency: invest it all in farms and housing

refugees

>Meme money
We already run on that Juan

Even gold has an intangible value. FDR set the gold price at $34 because 3+4=7 and that amused him somehow.

This brings us to the only feasible alternative:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bancor

A currency based on commodities, which is what China is gunning for.

But here's the thing:
America is in such a huge trade deficit, that we have essentially been 'floating' our cash overseas since after ww2.

If certain markets were to drop the dollar in favor of another international currency, those floating bills will have to either be payed back or defaulted.

And this is important, you greasy sausage-eating sea-jew, we won't let that happen. We have 12 goddamned carrier strike fleets patrolling the world. Its not there for democracy, or stability. Its to defend our precious dollar that is worth exactly what we say it is. Think you're smart enough to start your own little currency and back it on a commodities trade that cuts out our jews, like, lets say petroldollars? Well, look at there, you fuckers have WMDs! Now you and your family die, and we continue eating cheeseburgers.

A currency backed by labor.

The us dollar.
After that id sell my country to the highest bidder

My brother has enough bottle caps in the attic to fill two 50gal drums, and they're old rare high quality bottle caps.

I like this idea.

>tfw gold mines

Use prisoners till automation is possible to dig up the gold to reinstate the gold standard.

That's not the only reason. Resetting the price of gold in that case was basically a 2:1 currency devaluation combined with a gold confiscation scam (which no rational person complied with) while also selling out the country in yet another fashion, as if we hadn't been sold out enough already.

>our first cripple president

Australia used Rum back when we were a tiny colony. A still was essentially a money-press.

Crypto currency?

No need for currency when you can trade.

blow it on weed and goon

hire a jew to make it look like I didn't blow it on weed and goon

Uh, I wouldn't. That's retarded, and you're retarded. I'd keep the fiat currency, and since I'm the treasurer I have no power over the economy.

>Reinstating a gold standard would be highly impractical. What would be another commodity that can be used to back your national currency?

SmaLL countries should just use gold, large countries like US/UK/China should use their fiat currencies as they do today.

Russia should go to a full gold standard, because the US is counterfeiting their currency as in wartime, to destroy the Russian economy, and it's working.

We have plenty of humans to trade I suppose.

Estonia already did this in the nineties: estonian crown was backed with our forests (timber)

>print loads of shit money
>hyperinflation, pay back debt
>be debt free, abort the currency
>new currency at the silver standart
>some coins got silver in it
>break the big banks
>????
>profit