A decade later, and no other cartoon even comes close

A decade later, and no other cartoon even comes close.

Why was it so good, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tpDXavn2KGs
youtube.com/watch?v=zHlqmwI-Bd0
youtube.com/watch?v=Pcs9b5ThOM0
youtube.com/watch?v=7xcVv-m4fmU
youtube.com/watch?v=jm1S3OwCpJo
youtube.com/watch?v=W5gGEWqO_Ag
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>no other cartoon even comes close

Objectively false

gravity falls is bretty gud

>, Sup Forums?

Ask user. They know better than us.

Because it had a great story and great characters.

And pic related, of course.

I agree, korra is pretty good

LOK comes close if you ignore the last season.

Writing, animation budget, and cheap Korean labor.

Wait, didn't you get the memo? We hate The Legend of Korra now because it's the worst show ever.

LOK was great.
Sure the story wasn't as good as TLA, but it made up for it in the animation.

but it has lesbians user

Literally the only redeeming aspect of season 4

Yeah, Korra was great. It had some issues like the love triangle shit and weak start to season 2, but it's far from the disaster Sup Forums makes it out to be, and like some other guy said, it made up for it in the animation. Can't forget the music either.

friendly reminder that she would shit on anyone but aang and toph

she's overpowered as fuck

>A decade later, and no other cartoon even comes close
This will be false by the end of this year

>but it made up for it in the animation.

LOK had the best fight scenes in the history of animation.

It was the opposite for Sup Forums when the season was airing. The hype train was unstoppable until they made Korra and Asami hold hands and now it's the worst show on the planet and Bryke is basically the devil

Lots of writers

Azula was the most op character though. She had to have a mental breakdown just for zuko to last a minute with her

Does this actually have a story or is it just villain of the week?

Didn't she have the mental breakdown after she was beaten by him?

He's got to get back to the past (samurai jack, jack -jack)

The origional seasons had a main villian, Aku, but the series was mostly about Jack learning about the new world

>lesbians
>dates mako

She's part of the bisexual master race desu

You could have an aesthetic turd but it'd still smell and taste like shit.

I think season 2 would have been a better finale for LoK than season 4. I wish Po the facestealer showed up or we could have seen Iroh with his grandson in the spirit realm.

Her mental breakdown began whewhen ty lee and mei betrayed her.
If you read the comics that take place after the series azula was always damaged because she thought her mother favored zuko and never got over her mother's disappearance

It wasn't a turd though.

Shes shown throughout the series to be P mentally unstable. And leading up to the fight shes isolated herself and has become paranoid and delusional. So by the end, Zuko only fights a shadow of herself, because Azula has already defeated herself.

ty lee shat on azula in the prison episode tho

The main story is him trying to get back to the past after Aku throws him into the future. To do this, he tries to get access to portals, wishing wells, fairies, etc. Out if this, he encounter the villian (or conflict) of the week. Dont worry though, some of the best episodes include the villians. There are all kinds of episodes though, you should definitely watch it.

Venture Bros. > Boondocks > Samurai Jack > Avatar

Friendly betrayal don't counts.

The season 3 finale (all 4 episodes) was a disapointing piece of shit, specially considering the endings from previous seasons were top notch.

And let's not even go into the massive turd that was Legend of Korra

It broke the Nickelodeon mold big time. Up until Avatar, what other Nick shows dealt with genocide, imperialism, and military industrialization? Not only that, but it deftly balanced those things with sincerity, spirituality, and humor. Too bad Nick managed the franchise so poorly.

>The season 3 finale (all 4 episodes) was a disapointing piece of shit
Don't know how it's possible to be this wrong

It's pretty great OP. I've rewatched it twice in the last year and I'm thinking about rewatching it god I get teary eyed just thinking about it. it's like star wars where the world makes so much sense even with all the magic powers and shit. how do we write a world like that now? all the good ideas are used up

the only good thing was the zuko/iroh reunion. literally everything else was rubbish

Nigga i'm just sayin'

Aang
Toph
Ty lee
Azula

in this order were the storngest benders wich were still kids

aang just because he is the fucking avatar and air bending is overpowered
toph because she has such fucking raw power and technique
ty lee is literally a monkey girl, even her face is monkeyish it is impossible to hit this bitch

Korra stopped this show from becoming a timeless classic.

ty lee wasn't even a bender my bad
bitch is still fucking strong

I wish they said what happened to characters like Ty Lee and Suki. I really wanted Ty Lee to be the reason the equalists were chi blockers since she could do that Xena pressure point shit.

Season 3 was actually too long.

The Headband, Painted Lady, Boiling Rock 1 & 2 should've been scrapped.

if anything it exposed bryke as hacks switching the well derseved recognition from atla to the brilliance of the orginal writers

How so?
The original Star Wars trilogy is still a timeless classic despite it's shitty spinoffs which are relatively much worse than Korra is to TLA.

Pretty sure they did in one of the comics.

she is

someone shop crying wojak on azula's face

Don't respond to Korra haters. They're just mad because it went against their headcanon and couldn't live up to their unrealistic expectations.

TY LEE THREAD!!!!!

>Boiling Rock 1 & 2
no

I agree that we didnt need to waste time on a prison break episode but the fight scene on the gondola and fucking ty lee hitting azula make it all worth it

Season 3 was the best season of Korra.

>They're just mad because it went against their headcanon
It's not exactly "headcanon" when the show contadicts something that's been established by its far superior predecessor

Because the writers had a cultural revolution inside their own established universe.

Everything that made the Avatar universe consistant as well as great fantasy was torn to shreds into Korra. All spiritual aspects were gone.

She's just the best.

Is it worth the rewatch? I watched it maybe 7 or 8 years ago...

Definitely.
Probably the most rewatch value of any show I know of.

I think I've seen it in it's entirety around 5 or 6 times.

I watch it every other year, so yes.

>fire/water, sun/moon, red/blue
>it would go with the fortuneteller prediction that katara would marry a powerful bender and that there's no love life in aangs future
>aang is shorter, younger and less mature
weird as fuck
>there was more romantic chemistry between zuko and katara
the moment in the catacombs, their fight in the north pole, the southern raiders and the finale showdown
>the parallel loss of both their mothers
>katara had a big sister/little brother or even mother/son dynamic with aang
their "romance" felt like borderline incest (not the wincest kind, the creepy kind)
>aang is a child, katara is a teenager
disturbing
>the whole deal with aang having to let go of katara to master the avatar state.
aang finally chosing to let go of his earthly attachments in favor of the spiritual path for the sake of the greater good would have been awesome character development. it would represent him maturing and accepting his duty to the world above his personal feelings

I could go on...

This made it into the show?

Ok, you convinced me.

English or Swedish dub?

>zutara poster
BACK TO 10 YEARS AGO YOU FUCK

cry more

Dropped Korra for Wakfu

Was worth it imho tbqh

Don't really have any experience with swedish dubs, but it's a pretty general rule that subs are the better option.

So she did teach the equalists? I'm still pissed Sokka just fucking died in between Korra and ATLA and only appeared in the flashback.

iirc this was going to happen but the execs blocked it

I dont understand how it all went so wrong in LoK

youtube.com/watch?v=tpDXavn2KGs

untrue

kataang was set up from the very beggining

It was obvious from the very beginning Katara and Aang were going to end up together.

season 2 was terrible, but on the other hand, we have season 3
youtube.com/watch?v=zHlqmwI-Bd0

The girl Aang really should have gone for.

I thought season 1 was ok and season 2 was an abomination . Is it really worth watching the next two?

Season 3 is IMO the best with the order being 3>1>4>>>

>korra
>good
you have to be a retarded sjw femenist to think it's good
I bet you think steven universe is good aslo

What is this from?

Literally what was sjw about LOK?
Lesbians?

fucking kys

ATLA was ridden with feminism too.

Sokka being constantly being sexist and getting btfo by Katara and Suki. Not to mention the whole "women are forbidden to learn waterbending in the north pole" plot.

>no other cartoon even comes close.

sorry OP.

BUT JACK IS BACK!

>mary sue protagonist
>no consequences for her actions whatsoever

In my objectively correct opinion, Season 1 and 3 are the best. 1 has the edge in terms of villains - Amon gets the most development of all of them, his plots are relatively grounded and practical, and the resolution with him and Tarrlok was genuinely shocking. Zaheer isn't as compelling, but an Airbender villain is intriguing as hell, and it's the most tightly written season with every plot thread coming together neatly.

And if none of that appeals to you, watch season 3 for the final battle at the end. I'm not exaggerating when I say it's worth the price of admission on its own, and it's probably the greatest showdown in the entire franchise.

Season 4 is okay. Bolin is fucking cancer. Toph takes up too much screentime, and discussion of that season has been retroactively ruined by Korra X Asami overshadowing everything, but it's not bad.

What happened to his mother?

use your google-fu

ill give you a hint, start with Jeremy Renner, the actor in the picture.

tfw all my m8s seem to think korra is better

honestly stupefied how they have been able to come to that conclusion

>mary sue protagonist
>Literally loses her hero power in season 2 and then ends up getting crippled for half a season

its explained in a comic...basically she met up with the face stealer to change her appearance. In doing so, she created a new life for herself during her exile.

youtube.com/watch?v=Pcs9b5ThOM0
youtube.com/watch?v=7xcVv-m4fmU
youtube.com/watch?v=jm1S3OwCpJo
youtube.com/watch?v=W5gGEWqO_Ag

Something retarded about spirits, covered in the comics.

Don't bother reading the comics.
Ozai killed her in place of Zuko.

the fire nation attacked

>[YouTube] The Legend of Whorra: Reniggings
yeah, I don't think I'll be watching this

he's right though
it's a shitty show

Any chance of a link to that fight , will base watching the season on it.

Korra is literally the farthest you can get from being a Mary Sue while still being the main character of a magical/superpower story.

>We
Fuck off, just fuck off you shitter.
the legend of korra is objectively shit, especially after season one. They got rid of the most interesting antagonist, they made hundreds of asspulls and all the characters are barely even two dimensional.

So don't go for the group think here, mate. your tastes are shit and the only way you can defend them is to say everyone that dislikes what you like are sheep. EAT A DICK.

Why?
If you watch the fight it spoils the entire plot of the season.

Just know that it was an even better fight than this one also from season 3

Korra was probably the poorest written protaganist in the 21st century, her actions are plain retarded and, as other user said, her actions had very little consequences.

Their first mistake was making a sequel, they should have make a prequel focusing on an established Avatar from the past.

I'd feel as though I was taking something away from you by just linking you to the fight without any context or anything. Granted there's other great fight scenes throughout the season (Tenzin finally gets to show off) but still.

Anyone have that 15 or so second WebM of Korra vs Zaheer for this guy?