Wow this really makes you think

Wow this really makes you think

Other urls found in this thread:

slate.com/blogs/quora/2015/01/15/medieval_history_why_are_the_middle_age_often_characterized_as_dark_or_less.html
study.com/academy/lesson/the-agricultural-revolution-timeline-causes-inventions-effects.html
compodispo.free.fr/voir-histoire.php?id=22
persee.fr/doc/geoca_0035-113x_1954_num_29_4_2010
slideplayer.fr/slide/5102955/
study.com/academy/lesson/the-medieval-warm-period-and-new-agricultural-technologies.html
climate.umn.edu/doc/journal/kuehnast_lecture/l4-txt.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Isn't it generally agreed that the dark ages was caused by the fall of Rome? All the religious stuff came AFTER the social upheaval.

wtf i love islam now

Nice metric for 'advance' nigger

they all suck

The term "dark ages" was coined by Petrarca in 1330ies because the faggot thought the Roman literature was the pinnacle of literacy, and that the Middle Age represented the decline in the literature.

Middle Ages laid the foundations of the Copernican Revolution and modern science.

>who's Nicolaus de Cusa, Roger Bacon, Albertus Magnus, N. Copernicus

I'm so fucking sick of this meme

Yes, the breakdown of the roman street system and the roman controll of the mediterranean sea to be exactly.
Ideas just couldn't spread that fast anymore, it wasn't at all about christianity

Islam just sucks a little bit harder than all the others

You'll love it even more in the future.

this is what open borders will lead us to

>"they all suck"
>t. Moor
>implying benign faiths like Christianity and Buddhism are anywhere near as bad as the sandnigger draconian doctrine that is Islam.

Fake

Fuck off Muslim living in Michigan.

slate.com/blogs/quora/2015/01/15/medieval_history_why_are_the_middle_age_often_characterized_as_dark_or_less.html

Read this and stop being stupid

Does anyone have the edited versions with the developement of Math that had "Irresponsible analysis" and the one on Marxist dialect with dark age caused by revisionist scum.

Yes

It's not like that hole was caused by Germanic Tribes taking over their rightful land as well as Islamic Expansion and new diseases from Asia. Christians are so anti-Science!

>major powers fall and fracture
>scientific advancement falls
who'd have thunk it?

We are still in the Cuckstian Dark Ages.

Think how much cool stuff we would have now if Jewsus freaks hadn't hidden libraries full of knowledge from us, to control us.

They will do anything to stop people becoming self-sufficient of their filthy scam society. Debt slavery is no different from real slavery.

Make America Christian Dark Ages Again

I doubt muslims will be the cause of another dark age, more likely it will be SJW fucktards, the world is happily speeding towards a cliff while waving flags representing the beliefs and values created by the mentally ill.

As an atheist tardy lardy I can confirm that the graph in question is retarded, it doesn't have any measure other then "subjective bullshit" and if it does I can't know because there is no link to the fucking evedence.

Shape is about right though, and the blame for the intellectual dark ages was mostly due to the fall of the western Roman Empire, remembering that the Eastern empire went on for another thousand years and slowly went down hill untill it was Arab tier.

makes me think about when the next dip will be

upward trending charts are nice but usually fleeting

Yeah, christianity salvaged what was left of civilisation, it didn't destroy it.

I fear we live in interesting times.

Hurr durr if ther were no ebil christinas then we would have spacecraft by 1000 """"CE""""

This is the real one.

lost

REALLY MAKES YOU THINK>

>USA
>White

Your president is a fucking chimpan-C

How scientific see these measurements? I don't doubt there was progress lacking but this seems gay.

America is whiter than Chile, m8. The only notable thing your country has ever produced is a military coup.

>BLACK GREECE/EGYPT
I lost

Stop shitposting and show the rest of the image that shows the hole left by Islam.

>ISLAMIC DARK AGES

Trips checked and pic saved

Christianity and Buddhism are anything but benign. Even today Christians suppress stem cell research and abortion in the US. Imperial Way Buddhism is, in some part, responsible for Japan's invasions of the US and China.

They may appear to be bleating lambs now but let us not forget what they were responsible for when they were strong.

Fuck off, Cultural Marxist.

>Labeling the axis? Pfft who does that? Only nerdy scientists!

By what metric do you measure scientific advancement? They learn't heaps in metallurgy and medicine during the dark ages. The architecture was also astonishing. Namely is was a period of art and culture.

A lot of thee regression, I will add, likely had little to do with the church. Feudalism is a destructive and incredibly inefficient and chaotic system. In reality the church didn't dominate Europe. Kings and lords dominated Europe, and the church simply attained power by existing beside them. Sure there were some times in which the church had real power, but ultimately it's the fault of government bodies for the halt in progress.

Remember that the Romans had Christianity as a major religion for hundreds of years of years before the dark ages, which weren't even as dark as you people believe they are.

The legacy of Christianity was indeed passed down by the Romans, but so to was the feudal disarray of their empire in Europe, which partly lead to it's downfall and planted the seeds for feudal civilizations for a thousand years to come.

Some truths are just to deep to put a label on.

FUUUUUUKC FUCKING FUICKING FUCK FUCK NGIGER FUCK1!!!!w!#!@31ONE

>Remember that the Romans had Christianity as a major religion for hundreds of years of years before the dark ages

Became official religion in 390 even though majority was still Pagan, fell in 420.

Major =/= majority

The Christian community was indeed large.

Also when the Roman Empire fells is debatable. It didn't just tumble down instantly. The eastern Romans existed for hundreds of years afterward.

>Even today Christians suppress stem cell research and abortion in the US
Where majority are protestants, who are against christian values.
also
>suppress abortion
>anything but benign

>They may appear to be bleating lambs now but let us not forget what they were responsible for when they were strong.
I'm listening. I hope for non-meme answers.

That chart is incomplete:

You have no fucking idea how much islam influenced science in the middle ages.

>post human explosion
sounds like a Meshuggah song

No this is wrong, Islam would bring us back to the dark ages.

What a dumb chart.

lmao, you mean guys who were forced to live in islamic areas that would have got killed if they got caught and probably hated muslims?...i guess sure thing ....loloooool

>This.
There was some technological stagnation though. Mainly agricultural.

Those "books" the monk tried to save would have been some religious scripture, not a scientific text.

you can't measure scientific advancement faggot

kek

>Islamic expansion being a cause of the middle ages stagnation.
I think you forgot the islamic golden age.

This proves it, turks are white
pol btfo yet again!!

Pagan destruction of Rome

"Christian Dark Ages"

Nice logic friend, do you agenda much?

The purpose of that graph is not to show an actual, measurable figure. Its purpose is to show the effects of a hypothetical loss in technology. It doesn't really make me think.

Which was peanuts compared to the renascence, as well as the Romans and Greeks. They did good for a historical five minutes before becoming scum again.

>ah ah ah christianism is shit just look at this proof I found on facebook

When I was an edgy teen and saw this picture it literally made me hate what Christians did to society.
Then I actually studied some history and realized this chart is bullshit makes no sense and if anything Christians are responsible for preserving knowledge in Western Europe.

Also, the dark ages were a uniquely European affair. The world kept spinning in the east while Europe was farming dirt.

95% of this board's knowledge is based on memes

I think you are being subjective. Islam is shit don't get me wrong. But the Islamic golden age saved a lot of ancient data and gave us the basis for some sciences; mathematics, astronomy, medicine, etc. Until it ended.

>There was some technological stagnation though. Mainly agricultural.
Absolutely not, Middle age had something called "agricultural revolution" which is considered the first big demographic step before industrialization for Europe

Use of horses rather than cows to workd fields, triennal agriculture, fallow fields, horseshoe, plow, fucking mills. All of this led to a better agriculture and resulted in a demographic boom because it revolutionized agriculture.

Yeah, I feel bad reading all these retards not even using tools of information age to not spout shit in here. Holy shit I'm mad.

The plow seems to be important. As far as i know a lot of knowledge was temporarily "lost" (Like crop rotation).

I would enjoy to read more and correct my point of view. Would you give me some sources, mon ami?

The plow seems to be important. As far as i know a lot of knowledge was temporarily "lost" (Like crop rotation), until the late middle ages.

I would enjoy to read more and correct my point of view. Would you give me some sources, mon ami?

Saved that ancient data from the Greeks and Romans. Mathematics was already pretty advanced under the Romans. The Muslims did however connect us with algebraic knowledge, that they by no means invented. . As for astronomy and medicine, I know they did good work in medicine, but I never knew about them being good astronomers.

Use of horse was critical too, they obey better than cows, are more endurant. And can work a field several time faster than a cow. Also climate was warmer which helped too, but unlike what you say there wasn't a technical stagnation in agriculture, it's the opposite, it's the field that got most innovation during this period.

I only have French sources on this (and most of this are just what I remember from school), but I'm sure you can find all the sources you want on the internet.

French sources are o.k., you were good historians.

Christcuckery killed the soul of europe. Idgaf about the scientific loss and all that, but the values, traditions and heritage of most Europeans was wiped away by literal jew worshippers. We'll never get that back.

>christian

no
correction:
*CATHOLIC

Here study.com/academy/lesson/the-agricultural-revolution-timeline-causes-inventions-effects.html

study.com/academy/lesson/the-agricultural-revolution-timeline-causes-inventions-effects.html

compodispo.free.fr/voir-histoire.php?id=22
persee.fr/doc/geoca_0035-113x_1954_num_29_4_2010
slideplayer.fr/slide/5102955/
I'm sure there are more just look at "révolution agricole médiévale" on google.

Also a lot of these innovation were created by monks.

Science was considered a branch of philosophy called "natural philosophy".
Philosophy books by pagan authors were preserved.
Nice try, unfortunately for you you're wrong.

this
>majority of a region reliant on logistical technology (romans)
>not resulting in regional technological atrophy

All I see is that when European civilization fell, it took Europeans to bring it back.

My mistake, I wanted study.com/academy/lesson/the-medieval-warm-period-and-new-agricultural-technologies.html

Don't mind the other once, it's more generalist it seems.

Another one climate.umn.edu/doc/journal/kuehnast_lecture/l4-txt.htm

>Doesn't mention expansionist Islam that fits perfectly into the dark ages, and the relief of Islam showing continued scientific advancement.

Also this, islam expansion was very bad for Europe and blocked trade routes all over Mediterranean sea which was controlled by muslims, which made Europe isolated.

>muh islamic golden age

WE WUZ

Stupid muslim shits would be immortal by now thanks for to germanoid HRE scientists and shit if they didn't do that.

Underrated post.

>Romans turn their empire to dust because of dumbass inflation, military overexertion, insane taxes that can't be paid, etc etc
>LOOK AT THOSE DERN CHRISTIANS GOYIM

1. The Egyptians weren't as advanced as people think.
2. We wouldn't know very much about Greece or Rome if the church hadn't kept up with ancient lit during dark ages.

kek this graph completely skipped the islamic golden age

What is the measurement unit of Scientific Advance?

We would know a while lot more if Constantine didn't rape the empire with his jew inspired rape of Roman values.

Had Constantine lost the civil war, Rome might have survived a fuckton longer.

China is about to hit the tech plateau. They have not fielded a single modern technology first (second, third, etc.) since...when? A pathetically equipped and ignorantly led Japanese army gang raped them until the US got there. Even under the Reds, the only tactic the have is blindly rushing forward into machine guns and superior fire power. The have forsaken the writings of Sun Tso.

No, it doesn't. You cannot just arbitrarily pick something and put it into a graph. By what standards are these scientific acheivents being measured? Pointless post, and if it "makes you think" then you probably have a case of Downs.

How did they know how far science advanced when it was all lost?

Gee, thanks for this magnificent and no doubt unbiased information my merchant friend.