Why is Sup Forums not excited about Valerian?

>Based on the graphic novel that inspired Star Wars, Avatar, Mass Effect (videogame) and many more sci-fi movies.
>Over 200 alien species in one film
>Space and Time travel
>Original story, not a sequel or remake
>First time that 3 big visual effects studios are working together in one film. (ILM, Weta and Rodeo)
>Score by Academy Award winner Alexandre Desplat
>Luc Besson making a 20 year comeback to his science-fiction roots since "The Fifth Element"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BszXhUjJz00
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Cara Manface with a 14 year old boy's body
NOPE

im excited

original, colorful, not a part of any faggot hollywood trend, and probably wont pander to liberals, like all other big budget cunt-movies

>all those fx houses working on it and the cgi still looks like cartoon dogshit

also the 2 leads are shit actors

I'm excited. This movie is a dark horse
youtube.com/watch?v=BszXhUjJz00

how about the fact that she cant act you fucking goon

people talked about it a lot when it was announced but they were mostly afraid of it sucking

>over 200 alien species in one film
how is this a good thing?

because it looks like shit and has that ugly talentless eyebrow dyke in it

reminds me of that stupid disney mars movie

It's going to have cringey French comedy bits in it that will embarrass people into saying they don't like it initially but the good elements will be what people remember over time, and it'll gain a cult following. Like the Fifth Element.

It looks interesting, and i don't care how the MC's look like the autists above me, as long as they can act.

It's gonna bomb so, so, so hard. I want to laugh

>Based on the graphic novel
>Original story, not a sequel or remake

>girl's suit has boob plates and looks like her neck's locked in a collar while the guy's doesn't

BTW
>Based on the graphic novel that inspired Star Wars, Avatar, Mass Effect (videogame) and many more sci-fi movies.

This is horseshhhhhhhhhit. At least the Star Wars aspect. I read the graphic novels, the "star wars inspiration" thing is complete bullshit, it's basically that there's a guy with a mask that is not entirely dissimilar to Darth Vader, in that it's an ugly looking full face mask. But Vader's mask looks so much more like the source Lucasfilm maintains, ie a Samurai helmet, that I discount that entirely.

The other major bit is the carbonite frozen block from ESB, that does look pretty similar but that's about it.

It's not like they got the entire plot from it, or any of the plot.

The Valerian comics aren't just shittily plotted stories with decent but goofy art.

>aren't just
are just

Fuck you. DeHaan was fantastic in A Cure for Wellness.

it should have come out 15 years ago when I was a kid and movies were still kino

it's how the characters looked like, only white not blacked

The guy's a space/time-traveller and he took her out of Earth during the Dark Ages. She's literally a stupid peasant that was given the chance to travel to the future and space in exchanging of her pussy.

So she better take his orders and put out. The guy's pretty much like a God to her.

>generic boring sci-fi suits instead of extravagant costumes
yeah this is gonna be fucking awful.

Yeah he was alright in A Cure for Sleeplessness.

Looked puffy though. He needs to put on some muscle so that when the drugs and alcohol keep puffing him up he has some place to spread it around.

So you're saying it is coincidence?

Same trite garbage we've seen a gorillion times.
They don't even bother putting a different skin on it anymore.
I can only speak for myself though.

>original
>not a part of any faggot hollywood trend
I wish you were dead.

Luc Besson is the ONLY reason why I'm going to waste my time watching this.

Just looks like a clusterfuck of CGI, fight sequences, sprinkled with uninspired one-liners. Don't have high hopes.

>disc-shaped ship
Like a UFO?
>pretty girl in skimpy gold bikini
Like Dejah Thoris from A Princess of Mars, published in 1912?
>carbonite frozen block
This one I admitted
>Helmet that looks nothing like Darth Vader
Yeah, no
>guy with burned skin that's still alive
Yeah, bet they originated that idea
>alien that looks like giant insect
Yeah, super original

One out of six. Big fucking deal.

george lucas drew inspiration from everything between westerns and samurai movies and combined the best aspects of them into one movie, besides it would be more plausible to link valerian as being the inspiration behind mcquarrie

Luc has a point tho.

>>carbonite frozen block
>This one I admitted
Frozen in a cube shit has been done for a long time in scifi.

holy shit lucas is even more of a hack. how did he get away with this?

I have hope that Besson will have the creative freedom to do some crazy shit with this movie. Practical fx are eminent.

that doesn't explain, AT ALL, the costume difference

the choice for leads is uninspired and makes it look like a YA movie

thats why im not really interested

the only differences is the black color and the plating, everything else is 100% similar

>Frozen in a cube shit has been done for a long time in scifi.
Yeah but it's the only one that's even close to being a ripoff though. And it still isn't.

Chalk it up to shitty advertising, bud.

Yeah, he's right if you assume that there's no such thing as good actors in the first place.
An actual good actor can bring the character to life in a way no one else would.

>Luc Besson
Into the trash it goes.

why are people talking about fucking star wars

fuck off to your containment thread discussing the latest cartoon

everyone knows star wars is a rip off of a bunch of things

Everything is you humongous faggot.
This is a discussion board. If you dislike discussion then you are clearly the problem here.

I'm actually very excited about this movie

Okay, what about this?

Yes, it does.

The girl's pretty much a peasant girl from the Dark Ages that was taken as slave by a time-traveller.

>valerian invented circular space ships
>valerian invented bikinis
>valerian invented ice blocks
>valerian invented mysterious shrouded villains
>valerian invented burn victims
>valerian invented jews

>green aliens with big eyes
>gorilla looking aliens
>landing strips
>forests

And this?

Are all of them coincidence user?

>She's literally a stupid peasant that was given the chance to travel to the future and space in exchanging of her pussy

This doesn't sound very SJW friendly. 15% on RT tops.

WOW how the fuck did George Lucas get away with this?

george lucas didn't rip off anything, it's all designed by ralph mcquarrie

>DUDE LUCAS TOTALLY RIPPED OFF VALERIAN

You don't say. Better add it to the pile of the thousands of other things Lucas blatantly ripped off. This is the most autistic fucking thing I've ever seen.

Nigga... these thumbnails are so fucking small I can barely make out what they're supposed to be.

The only space opera I'm interested right now is the Legend of the Galactic Heroes remake, and that one is probably going to be disappointing

wew even if you use "inspired" instead of "ripped off" George-Lucasfags get triggered

I like the concept, and the graphic novel is very good

BUT

Cara Delevingne cannot fucking act, and will fuck this all up

It really doesn't matter if he ripped it off.
We've still seen it before. I'm not gonna pay to see it again, especially with the way shit has been done in hollywood for the past 20 years.

The orange blue contrast makes me fear it might suck.

>complimentary colors trigger me
If you're gonna complain then at least make it a legitimate complaint.

fucking christ star wars truly is the worst piece of shit to happen to cinema

you do realize that hollywood has nothing to do with this film right?

This is the kind of sci fi that's more akin to fantasy than to science and therefore i find it pretty uninspiring.

I didn't. That makes me very slightly more optimistic.
Unfortunately from the trailers and the source material it still looks like the same shit we've seen a million times.

Its overused way too much. They can get away with it on a few scenes but forcing them on the audience is just bad. They visit thousand planets and the colors are only orange and blue? Thats bull.

All we've been seeing is scifi thats trying to be more serious though.
Aside from star wars.

This.
Valerian is a French film and is not entangled to any Hollywood bullshit. It has its own freedom and that is what is going to make this a great film

True. It very much is "babby's first color theory".
Still. You should have at least two or three different factors to base your impressions on and with most trailers there are plenty.

This,he probably thought the casting was akin to Mila but he didn't realize Americans don't like cara

>It has its own freedom
That only affords them a better opportunity.
It is by no means a guarantee.

VALERIAN is going to FUCKING BOMB and the reason is because that cunt Besson hired an effeminate emo beta twink and a skanky pug ugly butch dyke as the leads.

Now, I'm a DIEHARD fan of The Fifth Element and have been fucking dying for Besson to come back to Sci-fi. But the second those leads were announced I knew the movie was FUCKING DOOMED! NO ONE will go to see this shit.

It's a fucking shame Besson didn't hire Chris Pratt and Karen Gillan as Valerian and Laureline because that would have been PERFECT casting. But NOOOOOOOO. Cast two metrosexual fuckfaces and fucking ruin the motherfucking project!!!FACT!!!

Hope they get it right. Luc Besson haven't been critically relevant since the 90s.

My fetish.

Models and singers generally can't act.

>All those sporadic allcaps words
You're not on reddit my man.
>It's a fucking shame Besson didn't hire Chris Pratt and Karen Gillan
pls go back

This will be worse than Jupiter Ascending, calling it now

>Luc Besson making a 20 year comeback to his science-fiction roots since "The Fifth Element"

just tell me he doesn't want a franchise about this like the other old farts

>Luc Madsson
How can I be?

The jumping on blue disc things triggers me. Orange/Blue beach scene is justified. If the placest atleast get the visual balance in terms of colorful scenery then they better atleast vary things. The Bar scene is a positive sign.

I'm not trusting Besson after Lucy. Fuck that guy.

He made one good movie in 1997 and literally nothing worthwhile after that. Who cares about his comebacks.

Well considering that Besson have been waiting more than 20 years to do this movie... I think he had enough time to think about every single detail going into this movie, he even did many scripts for it and chose the best one.. so I would say the odds are pretty high for being a good movie

>based on the graphic novel
>original story

>Why is Sup Forums not excited about Valerian?
>Luc Besson

You just answered your own question.

wtf are you doing it gets smaller everytime

So he's a French Doctor Who!!!FACT!!!

Same thing when Jovovich and Willis were cast for The Fifth Element.

First I was excited because from what I read it was based off the best book in the series (ambassador of the shadows), however looking at the trailer I was no longer interested.

Some shit action with really poor cgi, Laureline to be played by Cara 'I look like a crackwhore tranny', and Valerian played by some guy who looks like he takes it up the ass and smiles.

Fuck it.

>being THIS new

Amazing, civilization is truly a mechanical milker of the muses. What a fucking shocker.

I am sure Valerian is is 100% original because its creator lived in a iron bubble his entire life and that by default makes it better!

>eyebrow woman

Dropped.

are you underage?
whats your problem with Luc Besson, who gave (using your redittor dictionary) kinos like Leon and 5th Element?

Valerian has gone non stop with no reboots for half a century. This is Simpson's did it tier.

Besson said cgi was around 80% ready in that trailer and IMO it looks pretty cool, specially if you see it on IMAX. I don't think you have to worry about the final product specially with ILM, Weta and Rodeo on board

>time travel

Anything that incorporates time travel as part of its plot is instantaneously shit.

WRONG!!! I'm 39 and Jovovich was hot as fuck and feminine while Willis was, at least back then, THE MAN! So don't give me that revisionist bullshit. And people forget that TFE got trashed both critically and at the box office because most people were expecting Star Wars or Star Trek and didn't understand TFE's influences.

And the leading "man" looks just like that little faggot from Stranger Things. Not an ounce of masculinity in either of them!!!FACT!!!

Is that a baby Trump on the left?

He made Lucy.

if that doesn't make you excited... sci-fi is not for you

>literally quantity over quality
Fuck off.