What's the difference between the Dutch and the Deutsche?

What's the difference between the Dutch and the Deutsche?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bargoens
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Deutsche are accidental totalitarians

I love you japan, unit 731 was great and I hope you guys can get back to your old hi-jinx in WW3.

consonants mostly

the Dutch = Holland
the Deutch = Germany

I know.

By question is what's the difference between the Durch and German peoples.

We have made attempts to conquer the sea while germany made attempts to conquer the continent. One was had more succes than the other

Germany is Mordor.

Dutch = Industrious, hard-working, kind-hearted, loves democracy, brought many new concepts to Europe from around the world.

De*tsch = Robotic, insect-like, easily brainwashed, fundamentally incompatible with the concept of compassion, destroys Europe when he feels like it, takes joy in the genocide of innocent people.

"""""""""""""""""""innocent""""""""""""""""""" """""""""""""""""""people"""""""""""""""""""

Dutch are just swamp Germans

He's assblasted because Germans conquered What was then southern Denmark during the 1800s

elevation

the dutch have a little brother complex to the germans

hah speak of the devil

Wat

Dutch are essentialy another sub group of German peoples, but their dialect is much more distinct from regular German than all other (modern) German dialects, therefore and because they are geographically located further outside of Germany, they developed on their own over the centuries.

why did you stop taking land back from the sea
or how did you decide where to stop

>Germans
>Robotic
THIS. I spent 9 months in BW around Heilbronn and Karlsruhe, and as much as I loved being there, the Germans are so uptight and cold. Being a Texan that rubs me the wrong way.

The Dutch language is just a fucked up mixture of German, English and French.

are dutch so tall because all the short ones drown?

We didn't stop.

based, where are you reclaiming land now?

We recently made an extension to our harbour.
This is now like 5km into the sea.

And currently we're making some new islands.

We give the short ones arm floaters.
After becoming mushy from being into the water for too long they stretch out.

Maybe it sounds like that, but it's older than English and didn't develop through mixing, but on its own.

Ignore him, he hates the Dutch language and sees English as a superiour one.

Was there a wartime strategy that the Dutch could use in case of an invasion....bomb the dykes and dams in order to flood the countryside? If so, that's badass.

>fly KLM back to the states
>info says something about "dutch pragmatism"
what does that mean

Yes. But the invention of the airplane fucked that up.

There was a large system of floodgates and low land areas for the water to flow into, to block armies from entering the larger urban areas.
Sadly during WW2, the Germans just send paratroopers over these lines.

Hollanders are tall i guess and germanders are soft puccibois in general

Focusing on the purpose and usefulness.

What's the difference between Philips and Siemens?

Philips is good, Siemens are Nazi.

also they have a dumb name

healthineers smdh

I see. For a time before the airplane, where line infantry was fashionable. Makes sense.

Dutch people = informal, friendly, opinionated, but listening to everyone else, bring wealth, trade a lot, fight larger nations, philosophers believe in pragmatism, united under one banner, embrace all local languages

Germans = formal, distant, hide their extreme opinions and only listen to the center, bring destruction, work hard, bully smaller nations, philosophers believe in conflict, huge regional differences, ignore local languages

Dutch people hate authority. Germans love authority.

I probably wouldn't live anywhere else in the world. The Netherlands is a great country.

A piece of Holland, I always carry in my heart. On this big earth, even if I'm far away from home, the little Holland is most valuable to me.

Your map is incomplete. Even Luxembourg has a Dutch soeaking population.

Are Dutch really as greedy and austere as the memes say?

France and the Netherlands should divide Belgium IMO; making Brussels a city-state.
Good ol' Dutch courage

It's more that Dutch people prefer not to spend money on themselves. Showing off is also frowned upon.
And saving money is a virtue. So people don't buy luxury.

But we are pretty generous.

Likewise.

The Dutch word for cheap is "good purchase". Unironically.

Must be nice to live in a society like that.

Greatly prefer that to American fake friendliness

If you make a German friend, you can trust him

auf Deutsch....preiswert?

My family is from France, but fuck France. They won't get anything. Switzerland will never give away their Italian speaking parts to Italy because they happen to speak the same language.

goedkoop

Go to Holland and Germany and you will see the difference.

Dutch people are chill as fuck, Germans are retarded and can't even make eye contact.

So with German words that would be... gut kauf or something.

>fake friendliness
I fucking hate that. There are indeed some truly nice people, but most are so fake. Yes, it is true. I made lifelong friends over there and we still speak to this day. Genuine people!
Interesting

>merchants
>cheap
>ugly language with a lot of kh sounds
>long noses

Truly our brothers

The difference is like Japan and South-Korea, only less hostility oetz. And we swear with diseases more then the Germans. Kanker.
I think they're claiming parts of Zeeland now and they did a small part of Amsterdam. But most of the budget goes into making the coastlines more ready for megastorms, so it's not as big as Flevoland.

LOL
O
L

Hebrew sounds familiar. Truly a great language.

>mfw the Amsterdam dialect is based on Yiddish and Hebrew
>mfw politicians talk about our Christian/Jewish heretage
>mfw greatest thinkers of our country where Jewish
>mfw when my family are merchants and are cheap
Oh hey!

>Amsterdam dialect is based on Yiddish and Hebrew
Wut

Not him, but it's somewhat true. In the Amsterdam dialect they use a lot of Hebrew words.
And people in Amsterdam call themselves Jews. The city is also known as Mokum.

Yes.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bargoens
JODÛH!

There are a lot of Yiddish/Hebrew words in the Amsterdam dialect.
Some people call Amsterdam Mokum, which comes from Mokum Allef, the Hebrew name.

News to me

The irony is that the Netherlands has very few actual jews. The vast majority died in WW2. And they don't have important positions in our society.

The dutch are like our retarded little brother

>And they don't have important positions in our society
Exactly. Good goy.

>If you make a German friend, you can trust him
yeah this is based

t. man with German friends

To overcome the jew, we have become the jew.

>And they don't have important positions in our society.
Keep on believing that, dude
That makes my mouth dry, just looking at it.

>That makes my mouth dry, just looking at it.
That's why you have a mug of milk with it

one country produces bicycles and the other steals them

Please stop comparing us to Germans. We are nothing alike. The Germans are more like the British than they are like us.

Why do you think that they easily fell to fascism but we didn't?

See Denmark knows what's up. Exactly this. Germans are cogs in their ugly machine. Completely inferior culture to ours.

Imperialism and exploiting weaker nations

>The Germans are more like the British
Oh boy
>Weaker nations

>Germans like the British
Their stoic nature. I agree

Hi albo

One country loved the USA during the Cold War despite its cities being bombed to a crisp by it and the UK during WW2.

The other country hates the USA and tries to pretend that all of the things the USA did during WW2 were done by Canadians.

Dutch pragmatism is regulating the quality of weed instead of fighting it.
In the end, we make sure no one dies due to harmful substances in their weed, get a lot of tourists, and yet use less weed than Americans.

Dutch pragmatism is also being the first country to allow gay marriage because who gives a shit who other people marriage, it's not my business.

>examples of "pragmatism" are about weed and gays

D66 please.

They're both pragmatic, because the ends justify whatever moral obligations people might have.

No one's stopping you from providing other examples.

I meant moral objections*

except better. also Dutch people feel very little konship towards the germans , I don't know why all these g*rms keep saying this.

also you didn't say this but it's a huge stretch to call german a dialect of Dutch. Old Dutch is older than English and they haven't been mutually intelligeble for over a thousand years. like saying that korean is a dialect of japanese, it's retarded and I hate this stupid meme.

>De*tsch = Robotic, insect-like, easily brainwashed, fundamentally incompatible with the concept of compassion, destroys Europe when he feels like it, takes joy in the genocide of innocent people.
apologize or your retarded country will soon belong to swedish muslims

They are Germany's Faroe Islands

one has beaches, other one digs holes in those beaches

Dutch > Deutsche
One needs to keep their hands down and one needs to have their heads cut down.

>Germans are more like the British
We never fell to fascism unlike you.