/norm/ general

When the fuck is the podcast coming back?

Favorite bits/episodes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Z3PP_SWHUQQ
youtube.com/watch?v=W9AuZR5gLL0
twitter.com/normmacdonald/status/841839752613580800
youtube.com/watch?v=lL0WayC7jW0
youtube.com/watch?v=itkg_fYcneg
youtube.com/watch?v=VkSMSbFV_q0
youtube.com/watch?v=Xnw8JRpXdAc
youtube.com/watch?v=iH8cAktQDSE
pagesix.com/2017/03/07/fallon-feeling-the-pressure-amid-colbert-ratings-wins/
youtube.com/watch?v=ApVyX38iaJk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Who Jackie?

i fucking love the "jokes" segment during the super dave episode

After his racist tirade, I don't think he's coming back from that. Jesus Norm, you used to be so cool ;(

>MISTER GARIBALDI...

>some gold plated chains would make a nice retirement gift for a very, very good slave

wait what?

"nine eleven"
"..."

One of my favorites
youtu.be/Z3PP_SWHUQQ

I consider myself far right, but it was just too far, there was unironic hate in his tone and everything

Are you dweebs just memeing me?

>One of the most popular documentaries on Netflix is called Jiro Dreams of Sushi

>One of the least popular documentaries? Jiro Nightmares of Ass Rape

>bitches are not able to handle the bants

Filthy old bag

Yeah, I go on Sup Forums every once in a while, but his rant left a bad taste in my mouth. I had no idea the guy was like that

>He hasn't seen the video

I remember being 16.

Normy normy normy........

HOCKEY Normy!

he voted for justin trudeau

Yeah because he's a white supremacist.

youtube.com/watch?v=W9AuZR5gLL0

*gasp*

The episodes with Gilbert Gottfried were the best. Especially when they talking talking about Nazis.

He specifically said he doesn't vote

The Todd glass podcast was very interesting. Glass is an idiot and it was great to hear norm take the piss out of him.

twitter.com/normmacdonald/status/841839752613580800

>taking anything norm says at face value

ALL THE STARS ARE HERE

Best episodes: Super Dave, Andy Dick, Tom Green, Bob Saget, Nick Swardson

What's the mangrate you ask?

But 9/11 was a national tragedy

>makes racist/sexist jokes
>doesn't give a shit
>literally makes fun of cucks
Is he, dare I even say it... /ourguy/?

SHE GOT CUT BY A FUCKING SORCERER

>post in a Norm thread
>it dies

he's not the world's greatest troll but he's the greatest that will still be invited onto shit shows like that

Norm MacDonald is the only reason I haven't publicly called for the Day of the Rake.

>the guests start to fuck with him
pure comedy kino

Obligatory:
youtube.com/watch?v=lL0WayC7jW0

>mfw Norm kept blinking when he stared at him making Todd all paranoid

HE HE HE HE HE HE

what, do you hire this guy to ruin all the interviews?

in what timeline are there people clapping for Bush in that audience?

2000 feels like 100 years ago

the guy did get reelected

you're only showing how easily manipulated you are

It was coming off 8 years of constant scandal. Everybody knew Bill was a murderer back then.

>The great Bill Cosby, he's my hero. He's a great man. There's never been any accusations, any.

The absolute madman

No offense but that sounds like some fucking commy gobbily gook

Apparently he pissed off Jash by promoting that Netflix shit, since Jash is partnered with Time who are trying to push digital media and directly competing with Netflix. Norm's show was probably on the lineup but has been thrown on hiatus until they've decided what they're going to do with him. He said himself in the first episode of this season that it's been two years and he wouldn't let it happen again, and then it does, so something is up behind the scenes. I don't think Norm's a very easy person to get along with professionally.

>Listen, I'm sorry for bringing up Hitler

>Mfw discovering the podcast pictures with Letterman and Seinfield are safe.

Why must you hurt me like this.

>I don't think Norm's a very easy person to get along with professionally.
Does he have a problem with benzos or something? He seemed fucked up in the two videos since he came back.

Norm is too avant garde with what would constitute as "our values" at this point we've reached the point that he is not /OurGuy/.

No my man, at this point, as things stand right now we are /HisGuys/.

>promoting that Netflix

I wasn't dreaming that shit right? at some point last year he mentioned he was making a Netflix special i can even swear he mentioned that it wasalready filmed.

He's had a pretty bad Benzo addiction for about 10 years now. He's also very stubborn and doesn't "play along" with showbiz falseness and kiss-assery, so he never gets a project to run for very long.

Norm and his podcast network have been negotiating with potential advertisers for a while, and that kind of stuff can take time. You can sit on pre-filmed interviews for years and then splice in the ads later once the interviewee and all discussed subjects are no longer relevant.

But more than that are Norm's "inside people" at NBC. When Dave was running the Tonight Show he surrounded himself with relatively like-minded people because he had the sort of pull. Of course he couldn't have his choice of producers, but if a regular staff member crossed him or a guest that Dave was fond of then that staff member was gone. And Dave loved Norm, and Norm loved Dave. I think that Norm saw Dave as a father figure since Norm lost his father when he was fairly young. But anyway, a lot of Dave's old staff is still around since they're good at what they do, and because Fallon doesn't have any pull whatsoever. You have no idea how many people were rooting for Norm to take over for Dave. And those insiders hear rumors and gossip, mainly about Fallon's alcoholism. Fallon is one royal fuckup from no longer being the host, and Norm has already been shortlisted for being a temporary host until a long-term host is chosen, and even then, Norm is on that shortlist for long-term hosts.

This yet to be released season of Norm's podcast has amazing guests, hilarious interviews and joke segments, and it's extremely likely that Norm and his people would sit on the remaining episodes, only to release them once Fallon has a royal fuckup moment. In media, release dates are strategic and carefully planned if people know what they're doing and what to look out for. And thanks to the insiders, Norm knows what to look out for. Whenever the next season is released be sure to show him your support, on all forms of social media. Positive feedback and support could literally be the edge that Norm needs to usurp Fallon.

youtube.com/watch?v=itkg_fYcneg

is this the basic gestalt?

BLOOD AND BONES

just a quick rundown

I remember back in my day the harlem shake was some black fella holding you upside down over a fire escape to get loose change

Norm has always been the love of my life.

I want to believe.

youtube.com/watch?v=VkSMSbFV_q0

>Jenny McCarthy recently got engaged to former New Kid On The Block Donny Wahlberg. They plan to marry on Retard Island.

Fucking kek, was hoping that one would be in there

>College Freshman Scott Damerow set a new world record by using his head to bust 142 eggs. He officially holds a place in The Guinness Book of Fucking Retards.

>says guy who said this

Honestly my favourite episode. Norm just keeps laying traps and Todd keeps walking into them.

I like the Twitter questions. It was only recently I realized that they are all made up by either Norm and his crew. It's a lot funnier knowing that.

got any evidence to back up that theory?

As much as I'd love a proper Norm talk show, you'd have to be delusional to think that they'd give Fallon's chair to a guy like Norm. His best shot would have been taking over for Ferguson, but now Corden has made it his own.

some people just want to believe Norm is right wing when he's probably libertarian at best.

norms my favorite comedian because he just tells jokes with no bullshit and maybe he likes to troll now and then. he seems free from the alt-right/sjw bubble and is just a normal everyday guy with a liquid morphine addiction

youtube.com/watch?v=Xnw8JRpXdAc

I forget which episode it is, but one question was from @COKEORSPRYTE and another from @COKEORHEPC, which seems like an odd coincidence. Additionally, if you look up any of the usernames, none of the accounts exist. While that isn't really proof, the questions often follow the same pattern of disguising an insult as a question. It seems to help Norm get away with cracks he wouldn't want to straight up say. I suppose it's only a theory, but it's one I 100% believe in.

Watch a couple of them with that in mind and I bet you'll agree.

bedy bedy interesting

best bepisode
youtube.com/watch?v=iH8cAktQDSE

Fallon's appeal is waning. pagesix.com/2017/03/07/fallon-feeling-the-pressure-amid-colbert-ratings-wins/

> Ultimately, this is a "different strokes for different folks" kinda thing. I personally can't stand Fallon, but I can see why he's so popular.

> If you want more ammo for future fights with your friend, you might want to consider this:

> There are two types of comedians - clowns and talkers. Clowns rely mostly on their performance to get laughs. Talkers, obviously, rely mostly on their words, their writing. Sometimes there are comedians who excel as both clowns and talkers, but for the most part comics fall more into one camp or the other.

> Fallon is a clown. Notice how his monologues tend to be pretty short; that's because I don't think he nor his staff are particularly good comedy writers. Look at the Tonight Show Youtube playlist, and you'll see that his monologues get the least views. Watch them, and you'll see that he doesn't get many laughs. Because the writing is a weak spot, he has to make up for it with outrageous performances. He'll dress up in drag. He'll cake on makeup to look like Trump. He'll play elementary school instruments with the Roots and Metallica. Etc.

> Don't get me wrong, Fallon is a good clown. His performances are high-energy, he's a talented impressionist, and his musical segments are thoroughly entertaining. But his jokes, in my opinion, aren't very funny. His interview style is also pretty obnoxious. That's why he's not known for hilarious monologues or insightful interviews. Instead, he's known for playing fun, silly games with celebrities. If you like that kind of stuff, then great.

> Colbert is a talker. He has very good comedy writers on his staff. As for Colbert himself, he's a surprisingly intelligent person with both a talent and a lot of training in improv. I think Steve Carell once described Colbert as "the smartest man I know." You can see what he means whenever Colbert talks.

Might be right. Spade's episode was definitely top 5 at least.

Imagine you're just lying there

And all of a sudden, a great entertainer...

> Colbert isn't that good of a clown; at least he isn't as good as Fallon. He isn't that good at impressions. He doesn't often dress up in silly costumes. But his monologues are top-notch. That's why when you go to to the Late Show Youtube playlist, you'll see a lot of monologue videos - some of which are around 10 minutes long. Plus you'll see that his monologue videos tend to get the most views out of anything else posted on the channel.

> Fallon is a clown, Colbert is a talker. Colbert is winning in the ratings right now because people are freaking out about the political situation, and they want comedians who'll make them feel better about it. That's a job for a talker, not a clown. On the flip side, Fallon dominated the ratings when the country was pretty chill about politics, and wanted to see a late show host and Emma Stone throw buckets of chicken through a basketball hoop rather than hear jokes about the president.

> Whether someone's a clown or a talker, there are situations that they're best suited for, and there will be people who prefer one form of comedy over the other.

Transitioning from Letterman to Fallon was a gamble and a mistake. People who watched Letterman did so for a reason - they preferred him over Leno. But both were talkers. Transitioning from a talker to a clown will alienate the people who originally tuned in to that 11pm timeslot

>He has very good comedy writers on his staff

Stopped reading right there

I think it was the David Spade ep when I first noticed

Are Fallon's ratings that bad? Even if he gets the boot, Norm would not be next in line. Not even close. He's old and grizzled and in poor shape, and even though I find him to be the funniest man alive, his humor is very distinct and would no doubt offend most young, liberal, viewers.

Norm would be better suited for a 12pm show. He should replace Seth Meyers, who is neither a talker nor a clown.

Also, Fallon took over for Leno, not Letterman.

bullshit his favorite politicians are nixon and reagan

>favorite
finding their personality and antics entertaining is different than supporting their politics, user

holy shit this is so good

>His career is over after this

ONLY IN JAPAN Y'ALL

Ed mcboy

>you're gay, I'm straight. this guy (points at Adam Egret) .......... ??????????????????

Tom Green's story about wanking was hilarious

Nick Swardson wes a good guest but Superdave probably was the best episode

I love his podcast

DID YOU JUST SAY THAT?!

Brett Easton Ellis as a guest when?

You sound pretty well informed and it seems like you've thought about the late night situation quite a bit.

That being the case, I think you need to know that Dave left NBC years ago and never hosted the Tonight Show. When Dave retired he was at CBS hosting the Late Show. He was replaced by Colbert.

As for Norm's connections at NBC, ever since he got fired from SNL it's been pretty obvious that the network doesn't really care about Norm.

Check out Dave's interview with Norm on the CBS Late Show during the aftermath of Norm's firing. It will clear a lot of this up for you.

Nice lines my dude

When are they going to add Session 66 to Netflix?

Listen to Billy Joe Shaver

Norm is /ourguy/

youtube.com/watch?v=ApVyX38iaJk

Norm's the best comedian alive by far, but he'a fucking retarded when it comes to serious subjects
>calls Stephen Hawking "not very smart" because he said he doesn't believe in God
>supports retarded republican presidents
>mentally stuck in the 50's even though he wasn't even alive then

this

"serious subjects" shouldn't exist in a comedian's vocabulary

>Adam, say hello to Eve.
>Say hello to STEVE, you mean.

>I've seen Jewish gangs, beat up starving children
>oh my goodness
>...who try to move into their neighborhood