Is hockey the only sport where fighting is legal?

Is hockey the only sport where fighting is legal?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lmsfxIWImow
youtube.com/watch?v=M-5ZdbXu7ak
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Boxing

....other than fighting sports.

fights are alo legal in lower divisions rugby

Fighting isn't legal, it's a five minute major penalty.

It's not legal in hockey though, otherwise fighting wouldn't be penalized.

It's allowed in that you aren't ejected from the game for it. Just a small penalty and fighting is integral to the game.

I think it's legal in lacrosse too.

Must be why the refs just sit there and watch you for a minute without blowing the whistle

only the nhl/ahl "allows" fighting. if you fight in an international tournament you get ejected from the game, and possibly suspended for a game.
they are trying to get rid of fighting entirely in the chl too.

>... other than fighting sports.
>integral to the game
how can I tell OP is asian

ayyy lmao

My lax team had a bench clearing brawl with this one school and ever since we aren't allowed to play them at all.

OP is white and Canadian, but hasn't played a game of ice hockey in his life.

Fuck that. 90's style hockey was best hockey. The perfect mix of scoring players and goons.

Also allowed according to this logic:
>Tripping
>Hooking
>Slashing
>Cross-Checking
>Hand Passes

no hes not white
i can tell by the way he types

>ice hockey
Suspicious...

It must be so much harder to land on cement than ice.
Compared to other sports it's night and day.
Maybe he's also a qt girl?
As opposed to road hockey.

>Maybe he's also a qt girl?
that is true OP post pics

OK fine I guess I should have said "acceptable"

In soccer you get ejected from the game for flicking a guy on the ear.

>thinking people will assume you're talking about road hockey if you mention 'hockey'
The suspicion mounts...

lol I don't know what I'm being accused of.

But it's not legal anymore. The NHL stops fights the moment they start

>The NHL stops fights the moment they start
I must have seen half a dozen fights in the last month.

this

modern sports are so concerned with concussions and CTE related issues. leagues are getting sued by former players over this nowadays.
they cant just allow 2 dudes to wail on each other without helmets, on ice, and say they are trying everything they can to prevent concussions/head trauma.

no

being a winky chinky

I'm also a terrible driver. What of it?

>mfw it's true

They probably should have broke that """fight""" up when it became clear all they were doing was embarrassing the sport.

Why do the mutt's always resort to Sup Forumsposting?

>mutts
I don't know. Why do you?

AFL allows a bit of biffo

it's not like actual fighting """""""""""""""sports""""""""""""""" are actually better

what kind of chimpout is that?

UFC is literally the best sport in the world rn

MMA is the sport, UFC is the league.

That's like saying the NHL is a sport.

>(((you)))

Just FYI

Hockey was a lot of fun to watch then even into the 2000's you still had enforcers making names for themselves. There were rat like dirty players but they had to be as tough as the enforcer on the other team. Now you just have rats who aren't afraid to play dirty because there is nobody around to hold them accountable. Even the smallest of phsyical play on the ice and it's called "old time hockey".

>they cant just allow 2 dudes to wail on each other without helmets, on ice, and say they are trying everything they can to prevent concussions/head trauma.

You just pretty much described boxing, you stupid faggot. Last time I checked it still exists.

You don't have to ban everything, even though I know it's a fashionable thing to do in your neck of the woods, soyboy. They just need to educate the players, which they're doing. Anybody from now on who claims they had no idea they had concussions and that playing rough could cause them is lying. If the NHL really wanted to do "everything they could," they wouldn't allow body checking, which has caused more concussions than any fight by a long shot. Fighting is the safest part of the game as far as physical contact goes, honestly; blocking shots breaks bones, checking does that plus rattles your brain, catching a stick in the wrist or face can wreck your shit. Maybe you're just afraid of popping an erection when you see two real men go toe to toe.

>You don't have to ban everything, even though I know it's a fashionable thing to do in your neck of the woods, soyboy
You're not even allowed to buy a kinder egg because your idiot children kept trying to eat them whole...

Yes. But intimidation is legal in many others

Get the fuck out of my country

what's that have to do with hockey, dipshit? You going to formulate a response or shoot off some more limpwrist quips?

youtube.com/watch?v=lmsfxIWImow
rip boogeyman

>Soyboy
Argument disregarded

don't forget faceoff violations

Someone's a little sensitive today. Run out of fried chicken or something?

Lmao

Sorry a simple word ruins your day, convict. I didn't want a response from an aussie shitter anyhow.

fried chicken is a local thing, mostly southern, mostly niggers. that's like me asking you if you've run out of poutine when it's mostly quebecois who chug it down like it's refugee semen..

...what the fuck am I watching

boxing isnt trying to prevent concussions and CTE related issues like hockey is. the nhl has an entire department dedicated to player safety and concussions nowadays. way to completely miss that point.
hockey has already cut down on bodychecks that target the head area as well. scott stevens style hits would get you suspended for 5+ games in the modern nhl. you dont even know what the fuck you are talking about. nice use of personal attacks to mask the fact your a total retard.

>boxing isnt trying to prevent concussions and CTE related issues

well duh. the only way to do that would be to ban boxing outright.
the entire goal of the sport is to give the other guy a concussion.

No they stop the moment one goes down. I've seen attempted fights without any actual punches.

Minor fighting happens in Aussie Rules but it usually doesnt go on for long.

youtube.com/watch?v=M-5ZdbXu7ak

Actions detrimental to stock car racing.