Does anyone actually give a flying fuck what the Rotten Tomatoes critics think?

All I look at is the Audience score. The critics are either fully retarded, or trying to manipulate people. In my humble opinion of course.

What say you Sup Forums?

I agree. Use my own judgement and individual critics who surprise me. Usually watch whatever looks interesting from here or from trailers or whatever

>implying the general audience isn't fully retarded

I don't think you should trust any system that allows just anyone to judge an art medium

It only takes a quick perusing of this list to know humanity is doomed.

honestly with a grain of salt. I prefer metacritic

If I like the director or the movie looks interesting I will see it

>>everyone i disagree with is a moron

good luck with that

>number 20
>Get Out

Jesus fucking Christ

You obviously care, crybaby.

I look at neither score.

What I do is pick one or two reviews, and simply read them. Averages and blurbs don't give the full effect. The whole review is much more helpful.

Whether it's positive or not doesn't matter. Bullshit is really easy to detect. Sometimes it's obvious a movie is a masterpiece when the negative review itself is so terribly reasoned out and written. You can just see the critic's brain trying to grasp a masterpiece it can't understand. And it works the other way too. You can tell when the critic is just easily impressed or being paid by the production company. Sometimes they're convincing though, and that's usually a good sign.

I don't care about what the critics think ever since iron fist got that low score. They were wrong.

I didn't realize the Rotten Tomatoes critics were "everyone". Thank you for enlightening me...

Actually it was the 90% they gave Captain America Civil War that turned me. I almost walked out of that. Probably should have.

Stopped using it at all once I realised it's owned by Universal and Warner Bros., the selection process for critics is laughably easy and that classic movies that are objectively some of the greatest movies ever made have low scores.

>FUCK WHAT THESE 40 YEAR OLD NOBODIES ON ROTTENTOMATOES THINK

>I LIKE WHAT THESE 17 YEAR OLD NOBODIES ON Sup Forums THINK

If a movie is under 30% that can be enough to disuade me from going. Though there are exceptions, train wrecks with semen demons is always worth the 15 dollars plus tip.

They work for buzzfeed so they must know how to criticize film

I don't. The only critic I trust is the king of Sup Forums

OP, after seeing them suck off anti-white pro-nigger SJW garbage like Get Out and shit all over Iron Fist because it stars a white man who knows kung-fu, Rotten Tomatoes can get fucked.

More like RottenSJWs mirite?

It's not even about whether the movie is entertaining anymore, its whether it fits their liberal ideologies

>critics
individually biased, obviously may differ from my own taste

>audience
collectively moderate, also not specifically aligned with my taste

honestly the best answer is to watch what you think looks good and only use an aggregate score only when it is an extreme outlier (meaning most people probably agree)

They work for Buzzfeed? now all the SJW commie bullshit all makes sense.

To be fair they trashed IF like it deserved. They had just been too generous with scores for Luke Cage and Jessica Jones.

yeah, RT is a meme. I've seen plenty of low rated (20-50% critic rating) movies that were pretty good and plenty of 90%+ critic rated movies that were pretty crap. Either look at IMDB rating or go off user ratings on RT to try and assess how decent the movie may be

I think that the whole idea of a spoiler-free critique is idiotic. Basically all of these critics are people who vaguely describe the elements of a film and how it made them feel. There's no argument or analysis, and if there ever is, they aren't exactly expected to back up their claims with evidence from the film. So the critics get used to this buzzword-spouting, accountability-free bullshit, and over time they lose the ability to have unique thought. Group-think becomes more of a standard than any sort of personal taste.

this, it's blatantly obvious.

The media today makes me sick, full blown propaganda and thought control.

honestly, i don't get it. people here are conservative as fuck, and RT critics are all leftists pushing their own agenda and somehow making every review they write super political or a sex issue.

I know, should be top ten

Sup Forums's hivemind is the critic I use

When and why did it get so bad?

I'm really tired of hearing from these people about shit that doesn't matter to most people. It's like a non-stop droning that never ends.

>I'm really tired of hearing from these people about shit that doesn't matter to most people.
To be fair, the criticism on Sup Forums is often just as idiotic. "It was about black characters so it was bad" or "This movie had a globalist agenda."

Looking for a film to inform or agree with your politics is turbo-pleb either way.

I only follow IMDB

7+ is worth a watch

comedy/horror excluded

You're right. They do seem to be the least biased and most honest.

Don't you realize most of those imdb users see a movie on rotten tomatoes has an 80% and then they give it an 8 on imdb

well then it works out

I usually find my opinion to lie pretty much smack-bang between Audience and Critic scores, so I generally can see how much I'll like a movie with a quick little glance at RT.

>47%

Wasn't worth even half that, desu. There was literally only one good scene in the entire movie.

I rarely consult official reviews before I watch something, I usually go by what people who saw the movie online.

Even then, I usually just watch something that I find interesting. I rarely go to the theater anymore and I typically get to stuff like 6-12 months later most of the time.

Yeah, just seems like everything has to be political, it's tiresome and boring.

The horse has been beaten into dust.

You haven't seen Get Out.

Progressive propaganda is wearing thin on me. You can gaslight and pretend that's not what's going on but you wouldn't see this shit as often as you do even 10 years ago and it's not like everyone magically forgot that.