This fight was kino

This fight was kino.

Maybe if you're a retard.

It was a good return to form for duels in the franchise, it was a lot more Luke vs. Vader than Anakin vs. Obi Wan. The CGI cliffs breaking apart are fucking stupid though and almost ruin it.

>kylo has trained with lightsaber for, presumably, a long time
>lady has never touched one before (well once, for half a second, but she spazzed out)
>she kicks his ass completely

no, thats dumb. dumbest part of the movie

also, stop saying "kino", you sound stupid

it was saberkino then

it was barely a scuffle

So she's Beethoven and he's Salieri?

no its just stupid
unless theres some backstory reveal about how shes a dope-ass jedi with amnesia, itll remain the dumbest part of the movie

>Dull choreography
>Boring editing
>Average cinematography

Not really. It had no real flair or style. One of the more boring fights in the franchise imo

Lay down your autism. The movie may have been retarded, but that fight was fucking beautiful.

>but that fight was fucking beautiful.

im not disagreeing there

its well-choreographed, shot well, lit well, and looks cool. kind of a samurai duel-wipe.

but the fact that a person whose never held a lightsaber before defeats a trained sith is still so retarded it just ruins the whole scene

>but that fight was fucking beautiful
wow, are our standards for cinematic beauty really that low?

I think the obvious point the movie made was that she had her staff for god knows how long, and that her skill with the staff translated over to lightsaber combat.

perhaps, but thats still retarded desu

It was a great fight. Not too long, lot's of emotion, and minimum anime flips. Only millennial faggots with autism expect light saber fights to be like revenge of the sith now.

Everything about the movie is generic.

>but that fight was fucking beautiful.
fuck off, JJ. I almost slept through it.

T. The kinda man child that thought vader was badass in rogue one

One of the worst duels I've seen still love star wars tho.

That would be infinitely gay than the gayness we've already seen

>if you don't like this you like what I don't like

> man child bedwetter garbage
>kino

This is what I don't get. Why, in a whimsical space opera with magical space lasers word samurai and fucking Bigfoot as one of the leading rolls, do autist want to apply logic to that ONE SPECIFIC scene in an entire franchise? You could suspend your disbelief for everything thing else, but this one little fight..... Nah, that's where you draw the line. NOW Starwars has to start making sense. Why?

1. Luke Skywalker vs Darth Vader in Return of the Jedi
2. Luke Skywalker vs Darth Vader in The Empire Strikes Back
3. Obi-wan Kenobi vs Darth Vader in A New Hope
4. Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Darth Vader in Revenge of the Sith
5. Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Darth Maul in The Phantom Menace
6. Finn and Rey vs Kylo Ren in The Force Awakens
7. Qui-Gon Jinn vs Darth Maul in The Phantom Menace
8. Yoda vs The Emperor in Revenge of the Sith
9. Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker vs Count Dooku in Revenge of the Sith
10. Mace Windu vs The Emperor and Anakin Skywalker in Revenge of the Sith
11. Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker and Yoda vs Count Dooku in Attack of the Clones
12. Obi-Wan Kenobi vs General Grievous in Revenge of the Sith

>doesnt even know what a lightsaber is
>beats a trained force user in a duel

name one moment from force awakens more retarded than that duel

you cant, cuz everything else (that i can think of) makes sense within the context of the universe EXCEPT for the fact that she beats him in the duel

Its about consistency you fedora

How is Grievous' fight worse than CGI Yoda jumping around like a fucking chimp fighting Dooku

How many times has she fought with her staff? How many times did she lose and get viciously raped on that shitty sand planet?

>droid please

It was racist because back people wouldn't be known to speak like that if it was "a long time ago"

Would they still have line if finn was white?

Because Grievous has even less character development than Dooku. At least you spend all of episode 2 hearing mysterious rumors of this Jedi, Dooku, who is up to no good and left the order. Grievous just comes in and it's like... um who the fuck are you? Why do you spin 4 light sabers around like they are helicopter rotors? Sorry, but I'll take Christopher Lee any day over a CGI robot with no story.

Because pic related.

Also, I didn't mind the 5-10-second snippet in the AotC fight of Anakin and Dooku fighting in the dark with their lightsabers the only source of illumination. Was cool.

I don't get what's wrong with that. It looks scary as fuck and he made for a cool opponent imo

the fight LOOKED good if you ignored that it was a total mismatch that didnt look like a mistmatch

that is, until rey literally closed her eyes, drew in MUH FORCE and then started kicking the shit out of kylo ren. that's when it was really shitty, when they just stopped trying to make it make sense.

>ranking things when the best fight is like a 6/10

The best fight being a 6/10 is literally impossible. The best is a 10, the worst is a 0, and the average is a 5.
Do you understand how rating systems function?

Jacen Solo vs Mara Skywalker was a million times better than this fight from episode 7.

>inb4 hurr durr autist

Don't give a fuck

I think he's saying that the best fight was a 6/10 when compared to fight scenes in general, in all movies. I don't agree, but his rating system isn't wrong.

good goys. focus on the REAL issues!

A trained sigh with a gaping wound in his stomach from a weapon that had been twice-established as being extremely powerful.

My theatre here (Australia) was all laughing when he started the helicopter turning. It looks ridiculous. It's very silly.

Also, as another user pointed out, Christopher Lee will always top some nobody's voice over CGI.
We also had an entire film to feel Dooku's backstory and motivations. He was Qui-Gon's master, who left the order he blamed for his apprentice's death, found a new master to serve, then years later came across his apprentice's own apprentice, begged him to join him so he wouldn't have to kill them, then deliberately spared his life out of mercy (it's not like Sheev gave a shit about Kenobi surviving). He's a really fucking solid actor, despite the Yoda flips obviously being shit (and you'll see that I have it at 11/12, so it's not like I think the fight is good or anything, just better than Grievous').
It's definitely one spot up from the crappy robot who's there for half a film and coughs a lot. It's like Lucas knew that people loved Maul and Vader so he took Maul's multiple blades and Vader's respiratory problems and then electrified both characteristics as if this is somehow a recipe for a good villain.

It's hilarious. The only way you could love the helicopter thing is if you were under the age of 15 when you saw it (which I was, I was 9, and it was fucking terrific, but I digress). It was goofy shit.

Yeah, this. It was dumb. Dooku should have been the main antagonist for he whole trilogy, at least he had a semblance of a personality and wasn't named "General Grievous". Fucking hell. Was "Colonel Von Evilstein" too subtle for Lucas?

Rey got slammed against a fucking tree.

So what? Imagine you have a boxing match against Floyd Mayweather. I shove you into a tree, but I shoot Mayweather in the stomach. Who do you think will win the fight?

Rey is a Mary Sue, but not because she beat Kylo Ren. A literal retard could have beat him, he had a gaping laser gun wound in his torso.

>It's like Lucas knew that people loved Maul and Vader so he took Maul's multiple blades and Vader's respiratory problems and then electrified both characteristics
you just know this is literally what happened.

he doesnt get shot, he gets skin-cut

she got slammed against a fucking tree. thatll fuck up your entire core

you cant justify this, man. her beating him is just pure dumb & entirely devoid of logic. sorry

>he doesnt get shot, he gets skin-cut

No, he got shot. Did you watch the movie? Don't you remember Chewie hitting him right in the gut with his gun?

>she got slammed against a fucking tree. thatll fuck up your entire core

So what? Getting slammed into a tree is a lot better than getting shot. I've been slammed into trees lots of time and I didn't have to go to the hospital, I highly doubt the same would be true if somebody shot me in the gut.

oh right i misremembered

she gets slammed pretty hard, though. like, in real life, that would probably hurt her really bad. like "visit the hospital"-bad.

even without her getting slammed against the tree though, it wouldnt make sense for her to beat him

It's funny because I half-agree with each of you but probably not in the way you want me to.

Rey should not have beaten Kylo. She simply should not have. Even with a "hole in his stomach" it should be a simple matter to choke her the fuck out with the Force. She is not trained. Anger and pain are supposed to give the Dark Side strength, not cloud logic and weaken his resolve.

However, her beating him was literally the only part of her whole arc I considered stupid and Mary-Suey. I honestly think her character was written fine and then Kennedy stepped in and demanded that Rey win the final fight.

Maul vs Obiwan/Qui-Gon is the best star wars fight
2nd is Empire Vader/Luke fight

>Rey should not have beaten Kylo. She simply should not have. Even with a "hole in his stomach" it should be a simple matter to choke her the fuck out with the Force. She is not trained. Anger and pain are supposed to give the Dark Side strength, not cloud logic and weaken his resolve.

I agree to a certain extent, but remember that Kylo Ren is not in any way a trained Sith Lord. He's a weak apprentice, who got a little training from Luke and a little training from "Snoke" (holy shit, what a stupid name). A real Sith would have mopped the floor with Rey, but Kylo Ren isn't a real Sith.

Different user but I feel like you're attributing a set factor to "getting thrown into a tree".
People have survived 80m falls without a scratch, and people have broken their necks after a 2m fall.

It's like saying "she shouldn't have been able to fight him; she just had a car accident!"
Sure, but that's an event, not an injury. You can't attribute a determined result to an incident with a huge number of variables.

Maybe if you are a libcuck

>she gets slammed pretty hard, though. like, in real life, that would probably hurt her really bad. like "visit the hospital"-bad.

Yes, but you can say that about almost any action movie. Off the top of your head, how many movies can you name where the hero crashes into something and by all right should have broken at least 5 bones but doesn't? That's standard movie stuff, worldwide.

>even without her getting slammed against the tree though, it wouldnt make sense for her to beat him

It makes perfect sense. Back to my Floyd Mayweather example: I am not a pro boxer. But if you shoot Floyd in the stomach before I fight him, I guarantee you that I will kick his ass.

>Maul vs Obiwan/Qui-Gon is the best star wars fight
This is a really common opinion that I just can't get onboard with.

Sure, it has emotion coming from Obi-Wan after Qui-Gon gets taken out, but that's it. And that's like, the last fifth of the fight. The rest is just mechanical choreography and dumb little theatricalities. The shield generator corridor thing is nothing but contrived nonsense, and there isn't ANY dialogue during the entire encounter (besides Obi-Wan's "nooo!"). None. No dialogue! It's insane.

Also, in a Luke vs Vader fight, we have huge amounts of motivations and backstory to draw upon.
All we know about Maul is that he wants revenge for something that happened thousands of years before he was even born, and that he's looking forward to revealing himself to the Jedi.
That's it.

Excellent music, though. And it IS a good fight, which is why I have it at number 5. It does not compare to any of the OT ones, though.

No, it blew ass. JJ doesn't know how to shoot fight scenes.

then why doesnt finn kick his ass?
why doesnt rey kick his ass BEFORE "being blessed by the force"?

dude its retarded. im sorry, i know you want to love the movie or whatever, but its stupid

and yes i realize people get slammed into trees all the time in flicks and are fine, but if youre applying that logic to her, then you must apply it to kylo as well

either way, it doesnt matter. its still dumb that she beats him

Yeah, I'm on board with you here. The music is phenomenal, but the fight isn't that great.

1. Luke vs Vader in Ep 5
2. Luke vs Vader in Ep 6
3. Anakin vs Obi-Wan in Ep 3 (I know the "from my PoV" line is dumb but I love it)

>there isn't ANY dialogue during the entire encounter (besides Obi-Wan's "nooo!"). None. No dialogue! It's insane.
That's good, seeing as dialogue in this franchise is shit as fuck.

>then why doesnt finn kick his ass?

Because Finn can't use the force, and he's also a fucking janitor. Rey can use the force. Come on, this is an incredibly common theme in star wars, relatively untrained young people overpowering much stronger older people because the sci-fi gods have blessed them. Remember when Luke beat Vader after, at most, 3 months of training? Come on.

>im sorry, i know you want to love the movie or whatever, but its stupid

You don't understand. I hate the movie. Star Wars 7 is my least favorite thing in all of Star Wars. That includes the video games, and it includes Episode 2. I think it's awful. But I don't think that Rey beating Kylo Ren is the problem, and it makes perfect sense in the context of the universe.

You need a teacher OP

If he was capable of standing and moving around like Kylo was, I bet you'd still lose to Mayweather even if he had been shot in the stomach with a small handgun. He's so far above you all he has to do is hit you once to end it. Similarly, Kylo should be so far above Rey in terms of training and force powers that he should have just snapped her neck with the force.

It was the exact opposite, it was pure flick. It was about nothing and led to nothing. Neo learning kufu made more sense than Rey learning how to use a lightsaber suddenly. And it completely ruined the rest of the series when your protagonist is already better than the antagonist. The only people who enjoyed this flickcore are virtue signaling plebs that smile and clap when popular icons appear on screen.

This is what 90's born queers actually believe.

Say what you want about the TPM duel, but those final moments where Qui Gon is alone with Darth Maul are tense as fuck. You know he's worn out and you can see his technique getting sloppy, while Maul is filled with determination. You know he's going to die, and that spooky chanting in the background really seals it. Watching Obi Wan get pissed and whoop Maul's ass afterward is a real treat too, especially when he cuts his lightsaber in half. You know he's going to come out alive, so you pretty much expect him to be the big hero in the end.

It was retarded shit user, he only lost because of pop feminism

I think the dialogue during Luke's fight with Vader in RotJ is GOAT.

>So, you have a twin sister. Your feelings have now betrayed her, too. Obi-Wan was wise to hide her from me. Now his failure is complete. If you will not turn to the Dark Side, then perhaps she will.
>Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger. With each passing moment you make yourself more my servant.
>Let the hate flow through you.
>So be it... Jedi.
>You will pay the price for your lack of vision!

And my favourite
>Young fool. Only now, at the end, do you understand.

I think Mayweather would be far too busy trying to stay standing on both feet to even throw a punch. Bullets to the stomach hurt so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, goddamn much. Your stomach acid spills out and starts fucking up the rest of your body, it's a mess.

HE LOST BECAUSE HE GOT SHOT. FUCKING CHRIST, PEOPLE.

>Luke beat Vader after, at most, 3 months of training? Come on.
luke is young and in good shape. vader is old. also, vader is holding back, sortof. but yeah i get your point

still, dude, what these other people said

>trained sith
This isn't fucking Lord Vader here, retard. He's barely an apprentice who is unable to control his emotions which weaken his ability to focus properly. Add the fact that he was great injured while fighting her and it's not implausible especially since he's kicking her ass for most of the fight until she does a Star Wars thing, aka "Use the force, Luke!" moment.

well, after kylo gets shot, he still runs and around and does all this shit, and seems pretty much fine, so the argument about him having been shot doesnt REALLY work

>A similar situation arose with Star Wars: The Force Unleashed’s protagonist, Starkiller. “[That name] was only supposed to be a nickname or call sign, not a proper name from the beginning,” a former LucasArts employee says. The development team hoped that Lucas would give Vader’s apprentice a Darth moniker, which at the time, was something that didn’t happen often.

>“The team threw a Hail Mary to George, saying the game would have more credibility if the apprentice had a ‘Darth’ title,” a Force Unleashed team member says. Lucas agreed that this situation made sense for Sith royalty, and offered up two Darth titles for the team to choose from. “He threw out ‘Darth Icky’ and ‘Darth Insanius.’ There was a pregnant pause in the room after that. People waiting for George to say ‘just kidding,’ but it never comes, and he just moved on to another point.”

>HE LOST BECAUSE HE GOT SHOT. FUCKING CHRIST, PEOPLE.
That's not even how he lost within the context of the film, let alone the taking into account of external factors.

He was kicking her butt. He got her to the edge of the chasm. All hope seemed lost. Then she closed her eyes, felt the Force flow through her, the film started jerking itself off for a while in slow-motion, played Binary Sunset, and then opened her eyes and the fight turned against Kylo. It had nothing to do with his wound. It was just a bunch of bullshit.

getting shot didn't seem to stop him catching up to them and throwing rey 30 feet in the air

He's not fine as clearly shown by him being constantly out of breath and trying to psych himself up whenever the pain becomes overwhelming.

>I think Mayweather would be far too busy trying to stay standing on both feet to even throw a punch

I'm assuming he's as mobile as Kylo was. If Mayweather, or any professional boxer for that matter, was as mobile as Kylo was you'd be getting knocked out within 5 seconds.

Would Darth Sanius or Darth Insanius really be worse than General Grievous or Darth Sidious, though?

I'll grant that Darth Icky would be fucking retarded, but Insanius seems pretty in line with the rest of the atrocious character names.

It looks cool until Obi Wan basically just dismantles him in a matter of seconds once he gets close enough. It's completely anticlimatic especially when you had seen him in action in the cartoon.

That's like thinking experience with a rifle would make you good with a bow.

>and seems pretty much fine

The camera keeps zooming in on his charred wound and he keeps hitting it. He's clearly not fine.

Vader was closing on Luke. He had him in his sights. All hope seemed lost. Then he turned off his targeting computer, let the force started jerk itself off for a while in slow-motion, played Binary Sunset, and then opened his eyes and then Han showed up out of nowhere and blew the shit out of Vader.

There are so many problems with Rey's character. She's a badly written over-powered crappy, boring stain on the whole series. But her fight against Kylo Ren was not even remotely part of the problem, it's par for the course when it comes to Star Wars protagonists. Basically every Star Wars movie involves the main character having some kind of epiphany while the music goes da na, na, nanana, na....then winning in the end. You might as well complain about Rocky becoming a god-tier boxer over the course of a 3-minute montage.

its a testament to how fucking little creativity the man had and how the more time he was on his own, the clearer it became he did literally nothing on star wars and rode the coattails of more talented people.

It actually was because you knew Kylo had already been jacked up by Chewie and Finn got a shot in. Moreover Kylo's "orders" were to "bring the girl to me", so he didn't want to kill her otherwise he likely would have.

That's also likely why he force pushed that bitch against a tree. The only real saber fight in this scene is between Finn and Kylo because Kylo didn't give a fuck about him and jacked his shit up....then Kylo vs Rey you could tell he pulled his punches like a bitch.

Overall really good scene.

>Vader was closing on Luke. He had him in his sights. All hope seemed lost. Then he turned off his targeting computer, let the force started jerk itself off for a while in slow-motion, played Binary Sunset, and then opened his eyes and then Han showed up out of nowhere and blew the shit out of Vader.
I like how you started strong and went with what you thought was a good comparison, realised that the example ends completely differently, and then just went ahead and posted it anyway.

Han is a deus ex machina. Some people find them incredibly lazy and boring, others find them exciting. Regardless of how you feel about it, it's an entirely different mechanism to Rey's triumph over Kylo. Your example would be more appropriate if, say, Finn or Chewbacca had jumped on Kylo's back out of nowhere after we'd thought them out for the count, thus saving Rey's life.
No such thing happens. She is simply, suddenly, better than Kylo. Because Force.

>I like how you started strong and went with what you thought was a good comparison, realised that the example ends completely differently, and then just went ahead and posted it anyway.

Yeah, you're completely drunk. I have never been this right in my life, I've had like 1 liter of Bacardi.

>No such thing happens. She is simply, suddenly, better than Kylo. Because Force.

Yeah, btu this is a common theme in star wars. Obi wan in ep 1 suddenly beats Maul because force, Anakin kicks dooku's ass in ep 3 because force, Luke, who has been in 1 lightsaber duel in his whole life, beats the shit out of vader in ep 6 because force.

it was just a creative way of saying no

>all these plebs ITT
my sides

a one in a million shot it very different to beating down a a bigger more powerful more trained more experienced force user

Who is Kylo regularly sparring with? And what master of the lightsaber is training him?

He's a wannabe poser.