To me, movies are the most uninteresting piece of entertainment there is...

To me, movies are the most uninteresting piece of entertainment there is. I can't bare the thought of sitting through a movie.
I mean, It's just so mediocre.
Every movie out there has a good ending.
Every movie has a romance plot thrown in there.
Every protagonist is a good looking man who has a talent no one else has but he doesn't care about it.

It's the same stuff over and over and over again, with CGI and half-assed fighting scenes.
I mean, to each their own. Whatever floats your boat. I'm just wondering how watching a movie is entertaining whatsoever these days?

Name 5 movies that do this.

You haven't seen very many movies have you

This. Make it 3 flicks, 1 film, 3/4ths of a cinema, and 1/4 of a kino

Maybe you should try watching other films than pleb-tier shit.

who is this girl i like nazi girls

Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Drive
The Great Wall

Nightcrawler

3/4-1/4 split: hard to be a god

You guys can't be for real?
Name one action movie that does not have a good ending. One.

>Nightcrawler
>Romance plot

I'm a pathetic no life fag who has spent an eternity on Sup Forums and watched far more movies than most other humans.

Even I'm struggling to hit 5 because of this third point;

>Every protagonist is a good looking man who has a talent no one else has but he doesn't care about it

That's a specific character trope that obviously isn't going to be in every movie.

Heat

She's in love with him by the end

By good ending do you mean happy ending?

>Action movie

Here's your problem

In Die Hard 2 the plane full of the nice british people crashes

Oldboy.

are you even trying?

You can't be older than 16.

Let me rephrase my question then you one-sided freaks.
Name one movie out there you watch where you don't instantly know how the scene/movie is going to end/turn out?
Every single movie in existance, you know if the movie is going to have a happy ending within the first 10 minutes. The film industry uses the most cheezy, over-used plotlines there is, 90% of the time coated in a romance plot.
No other form of entertainment does this, and neither would they get away with it.

All of this makes for the lowest form of entertainment there is.
Period.

>I think a few Hollywood blockbusters account for the entire film industry and film as an art form

Please be trolling

Prose > Plays > Video Games > Films > Music > Animation

Primer

and if you say you do youre fucking lying lol

Reverse that then you've got something

>Every movie out there has a good ending.
Bad endings are a defining part of the genre for film noir.

Cache
Seven Samuari
Don't Look Now
M
Mirror
Stalker
Paris, Texas
Se7en
Enter The Void
A History Of Violence
L'Eclisse / L'avventura
Persona
The 400 Blows
Rashomon
A Man Escaped
Mulholland Dr.
Chinatown
Le Samourai
Wild Strawberries

Literally 90% of critically acclaimed films outside of thrillers/actioners/oscar-bait.
Why don't you actually watch good movies instead of shitting on an entire artform when all you've seen is modern Hollywood films?

>Name one movie out there you watch where you don't instantly know how the scene/movie is going to end/turn out?

You have not seen every movie you ignorant fuck

Then go back to your containment board and post your tryhard whores there you pathetic cuck.

>Seven Samurai
You know they're going to win, and you know they won't all survive. Only the number of survivors is in question.

>music that low
oh dear

Yeah, but a lot of people tend to be surprised at how quickly the peasants go from begging them to outright ignoring them once their services aren't needed, and the romance plot doesn't end in a typical Hollywood fashion either.

OP

1.Hasnt seen alotta kinos

2.Has shit taste in movies

3.is like 14 or sum manchild Sup Forumsidyapleb

Literally 90% of critically acclaimed films outside of thrillers/actioners/oscar-bait
>Outside of thrillers/actioners/oscar-bait
>Outside of literally 90% of movies that do well

So you're basically agreeing with me.
Okay.

>brown hair
>Aryan

Sup Forums was a mistake.

Do you also solely judge music on modern pop, or video games on cawadooty, or the visual arts on post-modernist faggots?

>No poetry

How bout i stick my Probes up your ass?

not to mention her slutty le quirky girl hairstyle

>Do you judge an artform by the most popular and successful examples of said artform?
HMMMMMMM REALLY MAKES YOU THINK

I thought she was hailing a cab, not heiling a dictator.

Music is the second lowest form of entertainment.

Not OP but, from intellectual appeal to emotional appeal:
Literature (includes philosophy etc.) > Film > Poetry = Visual arts > Music

All the films I listed are famous, critically successful, and most of them financially successful too. Almost every film on that list is considered to be one of the all time great movies.

OP vould never have an intellectual conversation with a qt anout the difference between the work of Tarkovsky vs Bergam

Stay in ur mommys basement OP

Go watch Transformers again..

She's hailing a dick.

I just dont understand how they can build a good storyline in 2 hours. Tv shows are much better for storytelling.

Medium quality bait

You can throw those meaningless words around all you want. Doesnt change the face that no one has ever heard of any of them and would rather watch the new avengers movie.

Its called visuals and good writing. If you're a decent reader you can blaze through the average novella in about two hours. Hell, Heart Of Darkness took me less than an hour, and literature takes longer to convey a plot than film.

They can't. Hence the cheezy and overused, uninteresting plotlines with romance and happy endings thrown in there.

/thread

>Music
>Not equal to film and way above poetry
>Not including epic poetry as volumes of literature

You absolute fucking pleb

the dark knight
no country for old men
the usual suspects

I only watch anime and come here just to read the shitposting.

>literature takes longer to convey a plot than film
Only if you watch at 2x speed, and the average brainlet struggles with 1.5x speed. At 1.0x speed literature has clear speed advantage.

>muh plot
plebeian reddit taste

I know this is bait, but odds are you've seen all of those films referenced dozens of times in pop culture but are too much of a pleb to even realize it.
I love epic poetry, but it essentially fits in the literature category of my scale, and the scale is not based on quality but Emotional/Visceral vs Intellectual appeal, consuming music is almost entirely an emotional activity, whilst composing it is a highly intellectual one, but I don't know how to make a scale that differentiates consumption from composition so you're on your own faggot.

>music
>good
lol
LOL

same

What are your favorite forms of entertainment then?

>video games above anything
You have to be over 18 to post here.