What the fuck did I just watch

What the fuck did I just watch

Modern version of Scream, sorta.

a movie everyone else watched years ago?

A film from a brief fad of making shitty horror movies but in an ironic way.

Examples of this time of stupidity included flicks like Cabin in the Woods, the Babadook, and Ridley Scout's Prometheus

I don't remember this movie a lot, I was too busy masturbating while the bull was fucking my wife.

A clever way of explaining all the shitty horror movie tropes.

>explaining tropes
>clever

A movie that made fun of shitty horror movie tropes, while at the same time using all said shitty horror movie tropes.

It is a tragedy in the greek style complete with voyeristic gods, classic archetypes and a bad end. Enjoy, it is a modern classic.

>He watched a movie by Joss Whedon

Cuck.

Subversion

It's on Netflix so it's about to get a tonne of exposure, and threads like this

>Cuck
That word doesn't mean what you think it means.

Does being on this board make you elite?

shut the fuck up cuck

I can't believe how many 90's born faggots use that shit, what the fuck is wrong with you guys??

>using a platform that offers a large amount of film and television content for a small price is a bad thing

What the fuck is wrong with you?

What exactly is wrong with it user?

Streaming used to be bad because content was more often than not streamed in terrible quality; nowadays you can stream content up to 4k.

Personally I don't use it because I'm so used to pirating all my shit but I must recognize it's a pretty neat system, from what I hear the only real downside is the library isn't all that big but at least they keep expanding it. It costs what, 10 bucks? Not a bad price for the service.

Yeah, why?

Pretentious self-wank that's throughly convinced it's way more clever than it really is.

There are so many places online with much better catalogues of stuff that never gets deleted and it's free.

gib
delete your post after a minute but gib

i'm always curious as an age group that grew up with the net as a normal everyday thing, how you can be so ignorant of such things?

Like popcorntime? I don't actually know if that is still a thing. I mostly use kodi wath salts and quasar addons. The worst thing about pirating is the hit-and-miss quality though.

I have my streaming sites desu, I just want more and better ones. Plus "There are so many places online with much better catalogues of stuff that never gets deleted and it's free" is a statement that demands to be backed up with evidence.

That's enough now

The thing is that they all take effort. You get cams tagged as screeners, you get surprise french audio, you get random fucking network failures in the middle of a binge. I'm not going to say hosting sites don't put any effort into customer service, because if they didn't they would be no point in their existence, but netflix et al have a much more consistent lower bar of quality. So if you are not autistic enough to be a pro pirate you pirateing carrer is going to be characterised by low quality chinees cam rips infested with malware.

fuck off netflx shill

No you dumb shit. I have never paid for internet TV, hence how I know how the free internet TV that I use is going to be a struggle for normies.

a meme

A waste of mythos potential.

its a comedy horrow. hope that helps

A meme movie for 14 years olds that got shilled here so hard on its release that people actually started believing it was some high level meta commentary.

Pathetic. It was no better than Meet The Spartans

Probably, but I still love this scene.

Implying "Meet the Spartans" isn't kino.

But which Watch Now button lets me Watch Now? OH NO, MY COMPUTER IS INFESTED WITH VIRUSES! I better enter my credit card info into this handy little pop-up box.

>kino.
kill yourself

What sucks is when you have standards. I refuse to watch the sub of Cowboy Bebop at 240p. No I will not watch The Departed with Korean subs that cover the screen. No I will not watch Logan with the the sultry sounds of popcorn consumption hanging in the background.

>watch this movie when it came out
>man that was kind of bad tbqh
>find out everyone else I know who saw it thought it was this amazing complex deconstruction piece
I'm sure they just have shit taste
It's a great scene
>berserk_eclipse.gif

A shit film that should've been a survival horror game.

What film is this?

the bus that couldn't slow down

Is this a fucking joke cunt

A mediocre film with some clever ideas which weren't used as anything but "look at how postmodern I am! Deconstruction is freaking epic!", as expected of Joss Whedon

what was ironic about Babadook or Prometheus?

Dude weed lmao but ironically.

A mediocre horror movie with an unexpectedly decent 'twist' ending.

That's it.

but it wasn't a horror movie

The devastating effects irony has had on postmodernism

Yes it is.

It's a comedy horror.

It's pure reddit horror

>everyone else I know who saw it thought it was this amazing complex deconstruction piece
Send them this image

A Horror movie that people with too-high an opinion of themselves laud because they "get it" -- despite there being nothing to get -- and feeling giddy that they're part of an in-joke.

The most common word you'll see these imbeciles use is "meta," despite the film not being meta.

>What the fuck did I just watch
r*ddit shit

When The Blair Witch Project came out I drove about 30kms along mountain roads to the theater. The drive home had me thinking about how the movie was so shit and boring that I parked my car on the side of the road and ran deep into the woods and furiously jacked off onto a pile of sticks I had arranged to like the ones in the movie in an attempt to get some entertainment out of my evening

>Despite not being meta
The old gods are allegorical for the audience.
The audience is therefore watching a film about itself watching a film.

That is meta.
You are a retard.

>A Horror movie that people with too-high an opinion of themselves laud because they "get it"

My opinion of myself has nothing to do with the fact that you're an idiot.

Learn what "meta" means before accusing other people of not knowing it, dumbass.

So what's the consensus boyos, am I stupid for liking this movie or am I am okay person still?

you are a redditor

So... what are the website you are talking about? Does it have an app to watch it on consoles or smartphones?

it's okay to like bad movies