This is how americans actually live

>this is how americans actually live

trying to find your house must be like trying to find your car in a huge parking spot

also, are there no stores? they must have to walk pretty far to find a shop or summit

Don't be ridiculous, I live just like you.

no fences? wtf???

not really

developers build cheap and fast. they have to sell asap before the next wind blows these away. no time for fences.

why would you need fences? It would just get in the way.
tell me more about superior European living spaces.

Privacy. If you're going to build suburbs, at least do it right

probably i understood why they love Godzila
they have secret the urge to destroy something

They're not supposed to walk

comfy af

Not everyone lives like that, but yeah its just as soulless as you think it is. And we don't talk to our neighbors at all ever.

It's quite nice.

Thats only the rich.

meanwhile, half of Europe lives in apartments smaller than one floor of an America house.
don't really see whats so bad about suburbs desu

This.

Americans live in trailers

Doesn't look bad at groundlevel

That looks lovely.

Those people aren't living. They're sleepwalking through life thinking working for their boss is achieving things. They're just another clone wandering about to serve their overlords.

It's weird to see nicer houses like that with such small yards.

If they have the money to buy a house like that, why is the yard so fucking small?
That would drive me crazy being so close to other houses

This is British housing for comparison. Row houses are the worst of both worlds

>burgers
>walking

>Those people aren't living
Yes, they live in houses, in apartments you merely exist in your little cube and have no life

I wonder if all streets are that nice and well preserved. This is outside where I live, not the same standard on the street.

Yeah the lack of private space bothers me too, I prefer suburbs like that But American houses look really fucking nice

row houses are the best of owning a house and living in a city, I live in one of the nicer parts of Philadelphia

those are just small and shitty because Brits are poor and stupid peasants that like living that way

Isn't that what everyone is doing? And what is the alternative?

Yes it looks cozy

suburbs build around 1960

There is one

from 2000

>danes don't maintain their sidewalks or property

literally black ppl

why do you have cement poles in the fucking road?

"Economy" means the expansive bank account of the rich, my economy is the well being of the people so abolish rent, and build a house for everyone, work is optional and for personal enrichments/goods and services/money not for living, thats slavery.

It should be 40 meters minimum between houses

House prices in the rural parts of the UK are similar to ours

1-story houses. Absolutely disgusting. It should always be at least 2 stories.

it works good enough. doesn't need to be all shiny

pretty sure it's tree poles and it's so cars don't drive too fast since kids often play on the road

ok che, but in the real world we all have to work to survive.

Where are the pools?

F*CK YEEEEEE I'M A HOMEOWNER!!!!
I'M GOING TO HAVE RECTAL S*X WITH MY WIFE TONIGHT!!! F*CK YEEEE LAND OF THE FREEE!!!!

>and it's so cars don't drive too fast since kids often play on the road
can't you just add speed bumps instead of obstacle course shit that'll fuck up your car?

>poor and stupid peasants
>coming from an american

there is a speed bump. the poles are so you can see there is a bump and only one car can pass at a time

>Where are the pools?

Shit, I just noticed that, even in the cold Midwest ~1 out of 7 houses will have pools in the suburbs

Work is for robots, humans are there to create and maintain robots. Considering their productivity it means everyone only has to work a few hours for society to function.

meant for

suburbs > commieblock hell

whats the point of a yard/garden without a fence? completely kills the concept of usable outdoors space

>likes living in a tiny crammed slave house
>not a poor and stupid peasant

pick one
why don't you just build bigger houses and charge less for them so more people can live better?

I like those hedges, they are much better than fences

>the poles are so you can see there is a bump and only one car can pass at a time
seems a bit much but whatever.

something something RAPEFUGEES something KEKS something something SHARIA LAW something something MASSIVE MOHAMMAD something something something BRITISTAN

Are you running around naked in your backyard or something?

>suburbs > commieblock hell

I've seen posters here argue the other way.
I will never understand wanting to live in any type of aprtment

This is why your economy sucks, and germany and ours is strong. Not saying you're wrong, you have a different outlook on life. If we didn't have to work we would also be spending the day getting food.

I've done that

our countryside is already cozy as fuck. cities are for poles and pakis

He's right though. Your yard is supposed to be an extension of your house, a outdoor part of your home. If it's too open for the neighbours to see then it defeats the purpose.

absolutely! I also grow tomatoes and piss on my compost pile since its easier just to go there rather than the toilet since you only have to open one door as opposed to two and walking up two steps (my house is on a hill so the first floor is not on the same level)

Why does it matter if your neighbors can see what you're doing?

yup but it's a pain in the ass to cut them

norwegian meth labs

>this is how americans
um no sweetie

>piss on my compost pile

I go piss outside too, listen to the birds and piss, it's nice

Maybe, but it is much better than trimming your grass on both sides of it, and painting it

they can see over the fence, thats not the point, the point is they cant justr causaly go interact with your stuff without putting in effort (to clim the fence)

Do euros even understand how the rich live in the USA? Its a life you could not even comprehend. Beach houses for the summer, sailboats/yachts, NYC studio apartments etc..

>the point is they cant justr causaly go interact with your stuff without putting in effort
do euro-barbarians actually do this? no wonder you guys don't chitchat with each other, you barely have any sense of community or respect

Suburbs count as urban areas.

Robots can into agriculture too

Privacy. Don't pretend it's not nice with privacy. Pic related, how norwegians live. Doesn't have to be a big yard, but it needs to give you a feeling of privacy. Sure your closest neighbour can see down on your yard from his window or whatever, but it doesn't feel like the whole neighbourhood is watching you.

we have rich people too, you know.

Privacy is important, this is what suburbs in my area look like

you cant even have a small shop or use a garage to do shit in shitty suburb like OPs pic have fun weliding in a place like that, it makes stuff impossible

comfy/10

Now THIS looks nice

is this a joke? america is probably one of the countries with lowest social trust.

>Beach houses for the summer, sailboats/yachts,
That's "rich" life?
My family has a winter cottage, and a summer house. A boat, and I have my own boat as well. What's the big deal? Not something to brag about, it's normal. We're not rich, we're middle class. Or perhaps upper middle.

I'd kill myself

pic related is where I live

This is how the whole world should look like

Shut you stupid ignorant oil nigger

you can't build like that anymore anywhere because of n*mby regulation

Yeah, and see how we have privacy in our yards. That's how we do it at least. But then again, maybe we're autistic.

No, you.

This is how Americans actually live. This is a typical American city: Parkersburg, Ohio. Zoom in on any city and you will this style of development.

these are streetcar and rail-era suburbs which are definitely denser than average

newer developments tend to have larger lot sizes, wider roads with plenty of cul de sacs

>Parkersburg, Ohio
not picture: multiple heroin overdoses

>rail-era suburbs
Wtf, you know enough about american suburb development to throw around such words, and also recognize said type of development as well? Call me impressed.

you're plain wrong

these are car friendly suburbs

This isn't denser than average, it's the makeup of a typical American city. Here's Detroit, AKA Motor City. Perhaps not entirely typical, but the city is organized around cars, with car manufacturers having undue influence. Most of the city is like this.

you can broadly understand different eras based on the dominant form of transportation at the time

innermost parts of the old cities were for walking and horseback riding and so were very dense
then they invented omnibuses (horse drawn trams) and that's when the rest of the inner cities developed with townhouses and brownstones and tenements etc
then they had actual trams as well as railroads which is when inner suburbs and satellite towns really developed
then came the car which is when the auto-oriented mass-produced suburb was invented

yeah, looks way nicer, but it's way cheaper to build 100 versions of 3 house models all mixed up in a grid.

yes, typical of that era

but compare to a more modern suburb like this outside houston

I live in this. Kill me.

you understand the OP is cherry picked and we same style neighborhoods as well. but i agree we are less autistic about "muh privacy"

>oh look they have curves now

still the same density, go back to your urban planning studies

it differs of course from state to state, old or new, depends on your income etc etc too many factors. but threads like this always post the most ridiculous ones.

no need to be rude friendos