What does Sup Forums think about alcohol?

What does Sup Forums think about alcohol?

I myself think that it would be best to be completely sober, but if you have to alter your state of mind, alcohol is the best option.
Weed and other drugs always seem to lead into degeneracy sooner or later.

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2714227/It-worse-Drunk-man-kills-wife-seven-children-committing-suicide.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A man can drink alcohol in moderation and still live a productive, successful life. One of the only drugs which doesn't inhibit your ability to make positive life decisions and goals. Weed literally turns you into a couch-locked burnout

It can be a bad trap for people. People get depressed and drink, but alcohol is a depressant so they end up more depressed than they started.

If you're weak to alcohol, it's better to never have tried it than to become its slave.

alcohol is the easiest and most legal way to become the degenerate of society.

only good at small amounts on special occasions. heavy drinkers are degenerates.

Nice drug until you go above 0.2% BAC or more frequent than once per week use. Not sure where you're trying to go with the degeneracy buzzword, but I'm sure it's retarded.

anything in moderation is fine

it's a problem in this country because people have no self control

>Weed and other drugs always seem to lead into degeneracy sooner or later.

What do you mean by degeneracy?

Whatever you mean by it, surely you realize that alcohol can lead to it.

Alcohol makes me sleep.

I never get drunk, I just sleep.

Anyway, moderation should be the rule, anyone that abuse of alcohol is degenerate as fuck

Pros of moderate alcohol consumption:
Enhanced social life
"Can do" attitude when drunk
Feels good to be slightly drunk overall
Bar scene is awesome
Food tastes better with a good glass of alcohol

Cons of moderate alcohol consumption:
Makes you fat
Hangovers
Reduced physical capacity

>One of the only drugs which doesn't inhibit your ability to make positive life decisions...

lmfao

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2714227/It-worse-Drunk-man-kills-wife-seven-children-committing-suicide.html

Depressant means a substance that slows your bodily functions, and it's the opposite of stimulant. It has no relation to depressive disorder, except for the coincidental fact that compulsive use of any drug, including depressants, can cause mental illnesses, including depression.

In fact some antidepressants are depressants and there is nothing odd about this.

I personally enjoy certain drugs that make you more aware and excided, like speed more than alcohol. alcohol tends to make me sleepy, so... but I never use drugs more than once, every two months and am able to be in college, scoring some of the highest grades in the school.
But yes, if you are weak-willed, you will become a slave to drugs and alcohol at the same rate.

Drugs are not for everyday life, the main purpose of drugs is to get a different prespective on life, if you are high or drunk all the time then you will only get that altered prespective making you just as blind to life as someone who doesn't take any drugs at all.

stay sober, only take your drugs in a limited amount or for a limited amount of time, i've smoked hash on and off for almost 5 years now, i can tell you that it helped me learn things about myself that i wouldn't have learned if it wasnt for them, but at the same time being sober is way more productive than being intoxicated.

if you can't control your addiction then don't get into it at all, whenever i smoke i find myself lacking in motivation for the next couple of days, that's just my experience with it, if you want to have your own experience then go ahead, but make sure you don't let it interfere with your work/study/relationship/whatever

that being said just do whatever you have to do during the year and spend all of summer getting high, drunk and having tons of sex, it's not a bad deal.

certain creative proffessions such as art and handcraft can be improved by being high, but the trade off for creativity is less productivity, so you need to calibrate your dose/motivation so you don't end up being a couch burnout like most people.

“If we take habitual drunkards as a class, their heads and hearts will bear an advantageous comparison with those of any other class.”

- Abraham Lincoln

psychological depression =/= biochemical depression lmao

"There seems ever to have been a proneness in the brilliant and warm blooded to fall into the vice-the demon of intemperance, ever seems to have delighted in sucking the blood of genius and of generosity. What one of us but can call to mind some relative, more promising in youth than all his fellows, who has fallen a sacrifice to his rapacity? He seems ever to have gone forth like the Egyptian angel of death, commissioned to slay, if not the first, the fairest born of every family."

- Abraham Lincoln

>He fell for the chemical imbalance in the brain causes depression meme

Let me guess you are on SSRI meds.

>moderate alcohol consumption
>hangover

choose one

A man can smoke marijuana in moderation and still live a productive, successful life. One of the only drugs which doesn't inhibit your ability to make positive life decisions and goals. Booze literally turns you into a couch-locked burnout

My (limited) experience with drugs. YMMV:

Alcohol is excellent if I need to be more social and less inhibited, which most of the people on Sup Forums (including myself) need help with. I've met tons of friends I otherwise would have ignored after getting a good buzz going. It's best used sparingly and only with other people around (drinking alone leads to depression and alcoholism, at least in my experience).

Weed is good if I want to better enjoy music, food, sex, and other sensory pleasures. Seems to slow down my perceptions allowing me to experience more detail in everything. I like to smoke at concerts, before going to the theater, and before going out to eat at a restaurant,. It's not so good if I need to plan things or accomplish tasks that require effort. It also has a mild "mind-opening"/"spirituality enhancing" effect, but it's mild and most "insights" are forgotten unless I write them down.

LSD is amazing if I want that "spiritual awakening" feeling. I love tripping once every month or two and recording all of my thoughts. It's tough to describe the effects in words. Some are obvious: sharper vision, greater contrast between boundaries in the visual field, greater saturation of colors. Other people seem to take of a sort of "character" via hallucination. My roommate for example turns into a kind of clown visually, which seems to be an extension of the idea I have in my head that he's a really funny guy. It's almost as if my ideas leak into my perception in such a way that I'm able to experience them as concrete sensory perceptions as opposed to abstract thoughts. It's a very strange experience but I love it.

The more you consume, the worse the hangover
Moderate consumption will lead to moderate hangover (in my case not headache but lower levels of energy when compared to no drinking the day before)

What do you drink? Never got a hangover from two beers or something comparable.

Recovering alcoholic here

Alcohol is a drug and it's bad for you. Your body treats it as poison and rejects it. There is no such thing as a "normal amount". There is an amount that it can act as social lubricant which in reality is just a degree of impaired judgement. That being said I don't think it's the devil or something, but the notion that you aren't doing a drug is false and can be dangerous. just be careful. Don't ignore the signs that you might have a problem.

I'd also like to dispel the "self control/weak mind" meme. If you think that addicts are just out of control hedonists you are causing more problems than fixing.

The Havamal, or Words of the High One (Odin), advises:

"Shun not the mead, but drink in measure"
and also:
"Less good there lies than most believe
in ale for mortal men; for the more he drinks, the less does man mastery of his mind hold."

I don't drink, but this seems like good advice. I'm considering having the occasional drink at celebrations and holy events in the future. These days we don't need to drink as much alcohol due to improved food/water storage and sanitation. It did greater good than harm back when people needed to drink it regularly, though.

Any recreational drug use is silly in my opinion. I'm not too charitable of warping one's mind for fun when there's work to be done and a world to experience.

i take DMT every single day, twice a day, once when i wake up at 8am and once at 4pm.

i have a decent job, an active social life, close relationships with my family, and a girlfriend that i am probably going to marry and have kids with.

But depression can very much be a physiological condition whether it's serotonin, dopamine or norepinephrine related.

I'm a weed addict and i blame my weak will for it 100%.

Beer, wine, Vodka, Whiskey

Same here, but I get a hangover only if drinking not moderate. Maybe our definition of moderate differs? Is there good beer in Chile (as good as the wine)?