The End of Great Men?

I cant help but wonder if the age of great men is over. I cant fathom the existence of men like Alexander, Julius Ceaser, George Washington, ect. If they grew up in todays world.

Ever since the 60's when people starting spending a great deal of time sitting in front of the television it seams the rate of degeneracy has quickened. Now we have the tv as well as internet, video games, and imaginary monster hunting taking up the majority of mens time.

Im not shit posting. I am legitametly asking if you think its possible with all the distractions we have today.

Lets discuss.

It has only begun.

This.

Great Contemporary men bread.

Really? Moly is ok but not on the list of legendaries and never will be.

Oh boy, it's an alarmism episode.

Nope. What would have been a great man who could change the world is probably shitposting on an anonymous aboriginal genital mutilation discussion forum instead.

In the west, there is only pussies.

THis. Unfortunately this is the truth.

>implying he's not the greatest philosopher within 2000 years either side of the current era

> Conquering the known world
> raging on youtube

Not exatly comparable.

No really anons. Is it possible? Im not one and wont be. These men are 1 in billions that only come along ever so often. I think we have entered a dark age. Would society allow one to exist should one appear on the great stage?

It is only the beginning.

1) "great men" are a product of their respective times. no matter what the issue du jour is, a man is made "great" by rising above and being great despite it
2) in modern times, its much, much easier to become well known to a decent-sized group of people, and this effect dilutes the "greatness" of any particular individual. it may seem like there are fewer great men today because in the past if you wanted to learn about someone, you would have to go track down a book about that person. books cost money, as does paying people to write, edit, and distribute them- therefore only the most worthy accomplishments were written about, making them seem all the greater in their apparent uniqueness. Of course, all of this was if you could read; the probability that a given individual could decreases going back in time.

Ok stef, we get it. Go back to work.

Great men saw on society a reason to do their acts, a reason to go on forward, who here can say that society deserves anything?

What is there left to accomplish?

Electricity = feminized hivemind.

Computers are witchcraft

Tesla predicted this.

Amish are right.

You do have to remember though most of the men back then were peasants. The other big cause of this is lack of hereditary nobility.

Is this just part of the cycle spengler spoke of?

>starts a thread on the internet about how the internet degenerate
never change, pol

It's a possibility, who would have thought that someone like Napoleon would emerge after something like the French revolution? The current times increase the chances of it.

We're to become machines. Accept it and get on with your life.

> Implying that we don"t have great men anymore.

>le not an argument man
>a great man

>greatest philosopher
He's a failed academic who got mad at an undergrad who ripped apart his magnum opus.

This is true except for the American South and American west. Maybe some Aussies too.

You are a faggot. Accept it and end your life.

Came here just to see if anyone had posted him.

Good job.

There is a change in medium. Great men nowadays are very much hidden. I actually think that some very strong hackers leading big groups have immense power, and It is definitely possible to take over a huge part of what we know as "the world" as a hacker currently (information, energy production, control of men, ...).

I hope to see this happen during my lifetime.