What is an good book(s) for teaching myself German...

What is an good book(s) for teaching myself German? I have never been taught the language before and don't really know anything

Serious thread

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Jannachs-German-Reading-Knowledge-Languages/dp/1413033490
4chanint.wikia.com/wiki/German
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2d/German.pdf
learn-german-online.net/en/learning-german-resources/free-german-lessons-a1.htm
thepiratebay.org/torrent/3728983/Learn_in_Your_Car_German_[Complete_-_95_Lessons]
amazon.com/Basic-German-Vocabulary-Langenscheidt-Reference/dp/3468494009
amazon.com/Using-German-Synonyms-Martin-Durrell/dp/0521465524
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

duolingo

>is an

Why would you do that?

Because >reading translations
shut up this thread is about german!!!!
I would prefer a book with a structured approach, maybe I should have mentioned this is for being able to read an book in german

Is this a good book?

amazon.com/Jannachs-German-Reading-Knowledge-Languages/dp/1413033490

How far are you with learning German?

4chanint.wikia.com/wiki/German

Have not started at all other than being exposed to German language media.

I don't really need vocabulary etc. since that can usually be figured out from context. And most of those links are dead which is why I asked

Maybe this for a start: upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2d/German.pdf

learn-german-online.net/en/learning-german-resources/free-german-lessons-a1.htm

Thank you I will use this.

Do you know about ? Worth getting?

Don't know about it, but being the typical churlish German, I'd save the 90€ and only buy more literature once you can't get further with free stuff. There's a lot of stuff online for free and maybe it suffices you...

Das Kapital

Good luck friend

Yes you are probably right, was thinking of getting a used edition, but I'll see as I progress rather than pre-emptively spend.
Yes thank you, I am sure that 2000 pages of untranslated economic autism will help me learn German, good suggestion.
Thank you frenlo

Just go to piratebay and download the learn german in your car series.

thepiratebay.org/torrent/3728983/Learn_in_Your_Car_German_[Complete_-_95_Lessons]

I hate audiobooks, it is an extremely inferior format to text.

In my experience you learn better if you listen to the language and daily conversations.

I already listen to german-language music. I am also not really interested in conversational german.

I had to give up on duolingo personally, it doesn't teach rules and if you take a break for a week the exercises become useless since it'll never be anything you recently learned

Anyway I could also use something for German since I abandoned duolingo

For a textbook i would recommend assimil and a german frequency dictionary. If you dont want to use textbooks, there are novels and stories printed with both the original language and the translation side by side.(pic very related, its Faust translated by Walter Kaufmann)
You should also use duolingo, clozemaster and pimsleur as resources as well

this might help too
pastebin.com/ACEmVqua

I'm going to try this for the hell of it, if I consider myself "half-fluent" do you have a recommendation on where to start in it?

>I am sure that 2000 pages of untranslated economic autism will help me learn German
unironically the best way to approach German

Vocabulary:
amazon.com/Basic-German-Vocabulary-Langenscheidt-Reference/dp/3468494009
I have found PDF of this in internet but has problems with Umlauts but the book is quite good
amazon.com/Using-German-Synonyms-Martin-Durrell/dp/0521465524
Start using this when you are elementary-pre-intermediate
Grammar
Majority of the stuff I use is in Turkish but there is ielanguages.com It is no longer free but used to be so try finding an archieve or something.
Don't forget to shitpost in places like pr0gramm krautchan and of int/deutsch
I am sleepy so sorry for retarded wording

The koran

1/10