Thoughts on Coraline? Why are Laika so based?

Thoughts on Coraline? Why are Laika so based?

Keep Dakota posting to a minimum.

Other Mother was best girl she just didn't want to be alone.

Fucking nightmare fuel. I can't fathom why this is a movie allowed for kids.

When things start going bad, the Other World becomes as eerie as The Shining.

Spirited Away is better.

I want to put my penis into coraline's holes

I want Other Mother milkies

it is by fat the best laika, they are always top notch in the technical stuff but sometimes they scripts are very shitty

>I can't fathom why this is a movie allowed for kids.
Why? There are far darker children's movies/tv shows than Coraline.

Was Coraline her best role yet?

corazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

>muh Japanese Disney man!

Absolutely not.

I love this movie. I usually start watching it around early September when the weather begins cooling down. It leads me up to my favorite Halloween movie, the Nightmare Before Christmas, which I always watch a few times around the holiday.

Coraline is a pretty scary concept though and the button eyes is just very strange. If I was to see that as a kid, I'd probably have nightmares.

I feel like the book was scarier than the movie.

Really good, creepy movie. Better than Kubo and the Two Strings imo, a shame of a movie, going sooo well until the final "battle".

Coraline is probably my #1 comfy movie, the music is absolutely amazing.

When I saw it in theaters I felt like a little kid again, it nails the children's books atmosphere.

Mediocre boring shit. You all fans of this boredom are just manchildren harry potter munchers.

Name some please

Only thing Kubo had going for it was those two witches.

it's good but the narrative structure was kind of dull, probably a result of it being a kid's story. generally i find stories where the main character has to "find 3 things" kind of by the numbers. writing is one of the big things i always fault laika on, with coraline they could attribute it to the source material but all their other films have had really dull stories. paranorman was ok though.

What's it like being so smart and cool and having such superior tastes?

Biggest flaw is that Coraline is such an annoying cunt. Everything she says has such an awful bitchy tone. I blame the director.

One of my favorite horror movies tho