Sup Sup Forums, anyone here own an SKS?

How do you like the gun? Plus any mods you have done or plan to do

Other urls found in this thread:

marstar.ca/dynamic/category.jsp?catid=85527
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

SKS are shit guns laugh at anyone telling you to buy one

Lol I just know they have a cult following. I'm also looking into Galil ACE once I get a good enough job.

They're great for what they are. But don't homie it up, if you're gonna get one leave it alone, most mods done to 'em make 'em terribly unreliable and make my butt hurt.

Of course, I bought most of mine back when they were under $100 each, saw some insane prices on 'em at the gun show this weekend, WAY more than they should be.

>Galil ACE
Good lord, no. Why the hell would you pay $1500+ for a plastic version of an actually good rifle, when you could get hold of a parts kit and have a renowned builder make you a great example of one of the originals for about the same amount?

I just realized that the reason the news is reporting it as an SKS is because SAIGA AKs are already banned from import and expensive, and an SKS is one of the few semi auto rifles still cheaper than an AR, so they want to drive the price up with panic buying.

I like mine a lot.
Modifications are blasphemous. Rifle is fine.

Basic Norinco's were tagged at $700 - $800 each at the gun show yesterday... Their ploy seems to be working, you could pick up a basic AR15 for $599 a few tables down!

>basic Norinco's were tagged at $700 - $800
Jesus christ. I felt like jumping on one when things were picking up because I needed a rifle at home (just moved away from family). Kind of regretting not going ahead with it, but ah well. Worst comes to worst I can throw together another AR over the course of a couple weeks.

>Galil

>Buying the Rifle-Jew

I bought a paratrooper (short barrel) model in 2002. It's still in its original crate and packing grease because I've never shot it.

I have 2 Russian SKS rifles. Both are great fun. Don't add mods to them, rifle is fine.

wrong board newfag

Rifle is pretty good.

Surprising accuracy (2" at hundred yards) and reliable as the sun.

I got a really beat up example and it works just fine.

What'd you spend on them? Are the Cabela's prices fair? (approx 250 for a shitty one and 300 for a "premium" one, last I checked).

Lol the israeli army does use them. But also the colombian and chilean armies. It's funny cause they're so expensive, just like a typical jew product.

I get 2" groupings with this thing at 100 yards.

Really, if a rifle can't get 2" groupings at 100 yards, you have a shit rifle or, more likely, shit aim.

This fucker here has become my standard really. The trees and shit around my neck of the woods makes getting more than 40 yards of distance between yourself and a target pretty much non-existent. In urban settings, it is a lightweight gun that basically cannot malfunction and .45LC and .410 .000 are plentiful enough and don't weigh too much for transporting about 500 rounds.

The only thing I have to say that I don't like about this gun is that it attracts the attention of steampunk faggots.

> $200 gun with 12 cent ammunition

It is probably the best starter rifle in Canada. Absolutely nothing wrong with an SKS, there have simply been better rifles developed since then.

I was actually thinking of buying an SKS recently but I bought practice swords instead.

Still thinking of getting one

It's not a bad gun by any means. When I bought it, the price was about 250 dollars; for the same price you really can't buy any other semi-auto larger caliber rifle.

It's ruggedly built, surprisingly accurate, and I've put at least the better part of a thousand rounds through it without really needing much in the way of maintenance. Not the funniest gun to shoot in my book, but whatever. Also, the pig sticker is a conversation starter.

I got mine through Marstar. SOME people seem to bitch about them but I have bought 4 rifles from them and each arrived within a week.

They have slipped up in price a bit. Marstar's rifles didn't come soaked on cosmo so it was an easy clean. I only ever purchased a shotgun from Cabelas and I'm not a fan of their service quality.

250 is reasonable. Marstar has the hardwood for 250 and the laminate for 270. I have both and they both work and look great. Laminate is just if you want a more durable build and something that (imo) looks nicer.

marstar.ca/dynamic/category.jsp?catid=85527

>but I bought practice swords instead

So... how was Anime North this year? Or are you waiting until August for Anime Evolution?

kek that's what I thought too when I read his post

I own a Polish Tantal which is an AK74 variant.

>in front of Bank of America

*readjusts tinfoil hat*
Tell me again how this isn't some sacrificial lamb situation...

>driving past Anime North and all of the weeaboos

Cringed, desu.

Thank you very much, user. Looks like I know what my next purchase will be now.

Any recommendation on where to get surplus crates?

go on