Does anybody feel this movie is way overrated?

does anybody feel this movie is way overrated?

Not really.
I consider it a classic but it's just sorta middle of the road. Texas Chainsaw is the all-time best slasher to me.

Best slasher coming through

Yes. It hasn't aged well, even compared to other horror films. Which goes to show that it's not a great film. Nosferatu holds up much better desu.

no

Agreed. It's not scary enough for 45 minutes of set-up, much too slow before anything happens then all the action is in the last 5 minutes. It's more like a 50s movie than a 70s one, which maybe is the intention.

I think 4 is the best Halloween movie.

7 > 4 > 5 > 2 > 1 > 6> 8 > 3

The Rob Zombie version is superior.

aaaaand you're a retard

Why is Rob posting on Sup Forums?

Maniac is amazing but I dunno how you'd define it.
It's pretty surreal at times it's like an American giallo film.

But no I don't, Halloween holds up really well. Seeing Michael stalk Laurie throughout the early parts of the movie is genuinely chilling.
Also the use of don't fear the reaper to tie in with the theme of death is really underrated.

No. It's weirdly comfy. The final murder scenes are probably overrated compared to what has come since, but the memorable parts of the movie are the beginning and scene setting.

Actually 3 > the rest

No, but his H2 is kino (as in, you know, the actual definition of the word kino: made by the artist for the artist)

Bretty good, H20 is the one that got me into the series but I wouldn't put it that high as the teenies ignoring Laurie really annoyed me in that one, also later realising it retconned my favourites. Have you seen the Producer's cut of 6?

4 > 5 > 6 (Producer's) > 7 > 2 > 6 (Theatrical) > 3 > 1 > 8

just like the original it has its ups and downs.
you can't really compare the two because of how society changed. back in the 70's with all the mass murderers still present an escaped almost immortal lunatic would rustle your jimmies. the bar has been raised when it comes to gore or brutality in movies. the extended cut of the first movie shifts the pacing but gives more insight on the characters so i'd recommend to watch this. Rob Zombie managed to modernise the franchise and lure a new generation into watching these movies even though some changes, especially the Mikeys Mom was a whore and he killed cats and such was a bit over the top. At lest the remake isn't as bad as the Friday 13th remake.

The Friday remake represents the series it reboots perfectly though: A mindless by-the-book slasher with lame-yet-over-the.top kills and shitty characters.

it captured the trashy spirit, yes. But a mentally challenged kid in a mans body building an underground network was too much for me. Also most of Jasons threatining presence came from him lurking, slowy approaching his targets .A quiet unstoppable force. It seems he found his running shoes in the remake and that above all pissed me off the most.

Fair points. Didn't watch that shit in years. The Nightmare remake pissed me off more though.

>> nightmare remake
this never happened. this never happened. this never happened. (i agree this was abysmal)

Once I find a film that better captures the atmosphere of suburban Halloween then I'll change my mind about it being overrated

>inb4 Trick or Treat or Halloween 3

What about Halloween 3 and Trick or Treat?

Halloween 3 has nothing to do with the actual holiday outside of the Silver Shamrock commercial. Trick or Treat is too fantastical.